All things Dundee FC

43 minutes ago, tbsouth said:

3-0 Dundee away at Forfar tonight, 2 great finishes from Sow, Charlie Adam the manager.

The only thing that tells me is that Forfar are truly an absolute gang tbh.

46 minutes ago, tbsouth said:

3-0 Dundee away at Forfar tonight, 2 great finishes from Sow, Charlie Adam the manager.

Pretty sure that playing a fixture in an alternate fucking universe must be a pretty major breach of COVID-19 travel restrictions. 

53 minutes ago, tbsouth said:

6 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

Pretty sure that playing a fixture in an alternate fucking universe must be a pretty major breach of COVID-19 travel restrictions. 

Not if it means Charlie Adam taking James McPake's place, even just for one night to prove a point.

Highly experienced ex international professional with extensive footballing knowledge, who genuinely loves our club, compared to, well, James McPake and Divit MacKay.

I rest my case for the defence m'lord.

1 minute ago, This Charming Man said:

Not if it means Charlie Adam taking James McPake's place, even just for one night to prove a point.

Highly experienced ex international professional with extensive footballing knowledge, who genuinely loves our club, compared to, well, James McPake and Divit MacKay.

Another rookie Manager as an idea needs to be fired directly into the fucking sun. Perhaps get him involved with the youth side if he's looking to build up coaching experience but simply replacing an inexperienced manager with a higher salaried inexperienced manager would be certifiably insane. 

6 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

Another rookie Manager as an idea needs to be fired directly into the fucking sun. Perhaps get him involved with the youth side if he's looking to build up coaching experience but simply replacing an inexperienced manager with a higher salaried inexperienced manager would be certifiably insane. 

Youth side involvement is how we ended up with the hands in pockets shit show we have now.

12 minutes ago, This Charming Man said:

Soon as I saw the Forfar lad's post I was expecting this.

11 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

...huh. Where was McPake?

Now I know you're taking the piss. Out of curiosity, who scored the other goal?

Nicolas Hamilton got the third.

Fontaine and Adams were taking the team coz Robertson was elsewhere but McPake was there watching.

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/dundee-fc/1799350/dundee-striker-osman-sow-nets-cracker-in-forfar-friendly-brace/

A few very well taken goals in the highlights, Sow's first is good, his 2nd (while looking a bit accidental) was even better, a great finish, and Hamilton's goal was very nice, probably the best taken of the bunch. Just a friendly, but hopefully those two can gain some confidence from it and be of some use to the team in the coming weeks.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

How were we supposed to negotiate a sell-on clause for a player who had already agreed a pre-contract? Sevco would have simply told us to get bent, and if we'd insisted they'd have just waited for June and forgot about the 50k or so they did give us. 

I don't really get the Dee permanent outrage at not getting whacking great chunks of money any time a former player moves on. Permitting release clauses etc is the only way players like Hemmings will agree to come to Dens. Perhaps if we were a constant top six Premiership side where we could offer a shot at Europa League football, the outside chance of a cup win etc, then we'd be in a stronger negotiating position.

Hopefully we can lower our goals against average in away games on TV, just the 13 goals in 3 games giving us a 4.33 recurring GAA.

Also, hopefully the best TV game is at home at least. Had the New Year game at Dens vs Hearts already n been announced?