All things Dundee FC

Better performance today with the defence and midfield looking a far more solid unit, the down side being the pretty poor attacking side to the game. Anderson was never the player to go off for me. Thought he was having a fine game and it was Gowser who should’ve made way but the manager was never going to sub his mate. 

I'm failing to get excited at only getting beat by the 1 goal by Hibs when we didn't have a legitimate shot on goal (Despite what the stats say).

Always an uphill battle today and whilst better, it still couldn't be described as good either.

8 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I'm failing to get excited at only getting beat by the 1 goal by Hibs when we didn't have a legitimate shot on goal (Despite what the stats say).

Always an uphill battle today and whilst better, it still couldn't be described as good either.

Spot on. All the 'good try' bollocks folk seem to be happy with. We are not some part time club who should get excited about only getting beat 1-0 by a Premiership outfit.

13 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Just now, johnnydun said:

Spot on. All the 'good try' bollocks folk seem to be happy with. We are not some part time club who should get excited about only getting beat 1-0 by a Premiership outfit.

You are both spot on but if we’re to take a positive from the game it has to be we didn’t look like conceding every time Hibs went forward. Fountaine done away no bad. 

1 minute ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Why are Raith fans so obsessed with our current situation? Both here and the new manager thread, you weirdos are all over both.

I used to work with a Raith fan and he too had a weird obsession with Dundee. Seemed to think we were close rivals and he also said Dens was one of the worst grounds he had ever seen. Absolutely no self awareness. 

3 minutes ago, Chewing Taffies said:

I used to work with a Raith fan and he too had a weird obsession with Dundee. Seemed to think we were close rivals and he also said Dens was one of the worst grounds he had ever seen. Absolutely no self awareness. 

Surely most Raith fans think this? They're about as much rivals to us as Brechin City are.

7 minutes ago, D TOTAL said:

Would I get away with saying this is at least something to build on?

Afolabi looked either pish or uninterested today. Jakubiak looks like he'll be a decent link up man. Afolabi needs to get the finger out because he's shown he can be a nightmare for defenders to handle. I'd have been a bit more positive if they'd linked up well today but Osman Sow contributed more than Afolabi did which hurts my soul.

8 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Afolabi looked either pish or uninterested today. Jakubiak looks like he'll be a decent link up man. Afolabi needs to get the finger out because he's shown he can be a nightmare for defenders to handle. I'd have been a bit more positive if they'd linked up well today but Osman Sow contributed more than Afolabi did which hurts my soul.

Maybe came back from injury too quick? Hopefully he'll be fine after coming off today, want to see him play with Jakubiak next week. I actually couldn't believe I wasn't physically turning my head away from the screen every time Sow touched the ball. Here's hoping that if he's going to be a regular off the bench that he can make teams like Arbroath worry, though I am absolutely not holding my breath and expecting that to happen.

So, 6 games in the league before our next cup exit.

Home vs. Arbroath
Away vs. ICT
Home vs. Dunfermline
Away vs. QoS
Home vs. Alloa
Home vs. Hearts

Results in these games will be absolutely telling whether we have anything to be optimistic about for the remainder of the season. Look forward to returning to this post to laugh when we've lost all of them.

2 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Maybe came back from injury too quick? Hopefully he'll be fine after coming off today, want to see him play with Jakubiak next week. I actually couldn't believe I wasn't physically turning my head away from the screen every time Sow touched the ball. Here's hoping that if he's going to be a regular off the bench that he can make teams like Arbroath worry, though I am absolutely not holding my breath and expecting that to happen.

I hope so. Otherwise we are genuinely at the point that the squad is so imbalanced that we're relying on a 34 year old Charlie Adam digging us out week in week out as our only form of offense and he looks like he's carrying an injury as it is.

I thought both strikers were pish today. Jakubiak I’ll give a wee break too, first game back etc but he looked as sharp as a tampon.
Hard to believe it but Sow was our most prominent striker.
Hamilton didn’t disgrace himself.
Fontaine looks a slight improvement.
Elliot is garbage.
McGowan was honking.
Anderson and Byrne were good.
Adam as usual our player most likely.