All things Dundee FC

13 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

This is starting to get on my tits with Gowser. If he had any bollocks about him he’d come out in the press and say that he’ll never ever be a striker and him playing up front makes us easy to defend again because he has no pace and slows the game game down to a ridiculous pace and is a major problem with our team plus our defence which on Saturday had 3 players in a back 5 who's favoured position is right back. It’s scary how bad we are organised. 

Also maybe this wee angry man persona is the reason players in his opinion are frightened on the ball. Being an organiser and leader on the park isn’t berating people but organising them where to be, if they’ve gone wrong point out what they should’ve done and encourage when someone’s done well. If guys are frightened to get on the ball it certainly ain’t the crowd these days. 

Edited by Yenitit

Just thinking upon Gowser's comments, who sticks out as a leader on the pitch? Gowser obviously, Adam as well, but after that I don't see much communication going on on the pitch. Does McGhee bring much in his role as captain? I am struggling to see it if he is.

32 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Just thinking upon Gowser's comments, who sticks out as a leader on the pitch? Gowser obviously, Adam as well, but after that I don't see much communication going on on the pitch. Does McGhee bring much in his role as captain? I am struggling to see it if he is.

McGowan as a leader? Since when?

He runs about shouting and blaming others usually for his mistakes. Even his rants are just becoming tedious. 

7 minutes ago, Robin.Hood said:

McGowan as a leader? Since when?

He runs about shouting and blaming others usually for his mistakes. Even his rants are just becoming tedious. 

Literally taken me days to realise you're GMan lol. That's about all I took from that.

Aye, McGowan isn't a captain or a leader. Fair enough he bawls and shouts and gets the players going at times but there are times when people need encouraged and calmed down. Gowser doesn't even do that to himself. 

Wouldn't have Adam as a captain either. He's turning into a tuck shop Barry Ferguson. I understand he is the best player at the club but that doesn't mean you have to take goal kicks, free kicks, throw ins, do the 50/50 draw and print names on shirts in the shop. 

8 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Who is the leader in the team then?

Never understood this whole "there's no leaders in the team". What does a leader look like? We've no idea what goes on day to day. We've got a good blend of youth alongside plenty of experienced heads. Let's not beat around the bush looking for excuses. We need someone who can set the team up in a properly organised fashion and we'll be fine. We're an absolute clusterfuck at the minute and its not down to a "lack of leadership" - a very common, easy answer to a team underperforming. 

The team looks terribly coached and has done for well over a year now.

Edited by RossDee01