All things Dundee FC

24 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

I've seen people correctly use "their" here, I've seen people incorrectly use "there" here. Don't think I've seen anyone use "they're", especially without the apostrophe. Fascinating stupidity as always.

Dunno why your so quick to pounce on me, im not the one destroying your club from the inside out. But fire on ;)

On 17/08/2020 at 00:01, Ludo*1 said:

If Haber wasn't a lazy b*****d, he'd be as beloved as Hemmings. There was some crazy stat in that in the season he joined, he won more balls in the air than any other player in the league despite joining 3 month into the season. (Including CH's)

Was that 16/17?

If so, he won more headers that season than any other striker has since, including Dykes.

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Was that 16/17?

If so, he won more headers that season than any other striker has since, including Dykes.

The very one.

That's unreal. Had so much potential but cared more about his trying to look good.

17 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

The very one.

That's unreal. Had so much potential but cared more about his trying to look good.

He made into the top 50 strikers in my wee system over the period 16/17-19/20, based on that season. Comfortably the best striker you had in that period.

Henrik Ojamma is 2nd worst (170th) for the same season. Only Craig Wighton at Hearts worse.

The very one.
In all honesty, I never really saw the complaints made about his work rate etc and poor games. Below average finisher but brilliant hold up player and very smart in how he played the channels etc.

Only really remember one poor game when he come back from injury under McCann in a home game V County and he wasn't fit. Just think his back issue had become too much, he'd suffered serious issues before arriving.

Take him out the 16/17 team and I think we're fairly easily relegated. The ability to hold a ball up with little in midfield and playing alone just took so much pressure off. Don't think the 7-0 game is near as bad if he's on the pitch.

The 'Paul McGowan rants-to-league wins' ratio this season is alarmingly high.

https://www.eveningtelegraph.co.uk/fp/paul-mcgowan-blasts-dundee-squad-in-astonishing-five-minute-rant-horrible-pathetic-ridiculous-passengers-letting-the-club-down/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

Killing myself laughing, honestly it's a good assessment with some proper criticism of the team and himself. Just ridiculous that we've had two of these already.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

I'm pretty certain the players are playing for McPake and would be adverse to him going, maybe because they'd get properly called out by a new manager, but they also clearly like and respect him. If they want to make that success happen, they really need to heed what Gowser says there and go into games with a 'we're better and we're gonna prove it' mentality.

1 minute ago, G51 said:

Genuinely interested, because I've no idea what Strachan does at Dundee these days.

I'd be surprised if he leaves. He has free reign to do what he wants at Dens with his pet project that has been his passion since leaving the Scotland job. There's no pressure on him, he considers himself retired as a manager and generally just runs the whole youth side of the club.

I honestly couldn't care less if he left though.

good to see whighton looks to have got his career back on traack. I was hoping he would return to dens but neilson is giving him a chance at hearts. I know a lot of people were writing him off and thought he was heading for part time football!

I'm sure he will be back someday, hopefully when we are in the spl

In the past I’d have said yes but we need to move away from this sentimental pish of giving the boys jobs. He could have kept his old job but he gave it up to have a crack at the first team and subsequently fucked it right up. I’m sure he knew the risks.
Let’s just get rid, and not just McPake, there’s a lot of back room staff there who need emptied just as much.

This, for fûck sake this. DTFR - doon the feckin road.