All things Dundee FC

1 minute ago, Mr. Alli said:

You could write it until the day you die and it still wouldn't be as annoying as McPake still being in a job this morning. Untoppable. 

Understandable, but when you realise he's not going anywhere, you come to accept this shitty facts about life.

11 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Tim Keyes buys £2.7m worth of shares in the club.

Screenshot_20201122-153940.thumb.jpg.d3eed05fc04c08c9bef9ee90bc211f64.jpg

That's not what that says.

It says your total issued capital is just over £2.7m. The number of shares issued in that transaction was 239,260 and he paid 1.35p per share for them so the amount of capital was £3,230. And there's nothing in that document that tells you WHO bought the extra £3,230 of shares. Although you possibly know it's Tim Keyes from some other source?

Just now, Skyline Drifter said:

That's not what that says.

It says your total issued capital is just over £2.7m. The number of shares issued in that transaction was 239,260 and he paid 1.35p per share for them so the amount of capital was £3,230. And there's nothing in that document that tells you WHO bought the extra £3,230 of shares. Although you possibly know it's Tim Keyes from some other source?

Fair enough, can't pretend I'm any more than a novice with this stuff, and yeah.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

It's been mentioned a few times, but never really discussed. If McPake was willing (And I doubt he would be) to step back to the youths, would you be happy with that? Really like having McPake at the club, has totally bought in and clear to see he has made some good impact in part with the development of Robertson and Anderson. He's just never a manager.

The thing is, for how poor this league is and how poor the bottom few teams in the Premiership are, if we get rid now, get someone like Wright in, give him  a month or so before January to see what areas need addressed we could easily still go up.

Keep McPake and 8th is the target.

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

It's been mentioned a few times, but never really discussed. If McPake was willing (And I doubt he would be) to step back to the youths, would you be happy with that? Really like having McPake at the club, has totally bought in and clear to see he has made some good impact in part with the development of Robertson and Anderson. He's just never a manager.

In the past I’d have said yes but we need to move away from this sentimental pish of giving the boys jobs. He could have kept his old job but he gave it up to have a crack at the first team and subsequently fucked it right up. I’m sure he knew the risks.

Let’s just get rid, and not just McPake, there’s a lot of back room staff there who need emptied just as much.

20 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

It’s a no from me.  McPake has demonstrated spectacularly well that he can’t read / change a game or get the best out of the players he has brought in.  That’s not particularly inspiring to anyone.  Let Hibs offer him a job,

44 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

It's been mentioned a few times, but never really discussed. If McPake was willing (And I doubt he would be) to step back to the youths, would you be happy with that? 

Absolutely not. We lost Jimmy Boyle after him being forced upwards into roles he wasn't really wanting before being punted with McIntyre. 

Once McPake is shown the door, that's it. Thank you and goodbye. 

2 minutes ago, Robin.Hood said:

Was McPake good at youths ? What did he do that was so good that people believed he was the man to take us forward? 

He turned up on time and didnt ask for much in terms of pay. The ideal puppet, keeps his pus shut unless his employers wiggle theyre hand.

Edited by Mvondo_the_great

6 minutes ago, Robin.Hood said:

Was McPake good at youths ? What did he do that was so good that people believed he was the man to take us forward? 

I seem to remember they were flying with the likes of Robertson, Anderson, Scott and Hendry etc when he was in charge.

4 minutes ago, Mvondo_the_great said:

wiggle theyre hand.

I've seen people correctly use "their" here, I've seen people incorrectly use "there" here. Don't think I've seen anyone use "they're", especially without the apostrophe. Fascinating stupidity as always.