All things Dundee FC

2 hours ago, Girth said:

With Davies being permacrock...is he actually still alive!?

No.

Passed away in a tragic accident where he tried to unscrew the lid of some Herbalife shake powder too quickly, which threw out his shoulder, resulting in him losing balance and falling into a pile of pillows. Sadly these were still too sturdy for him and the serious injuries sustained were too much for him to overcome. 

Fly high wiv da angles m8 

1 minute ago, Girth said:

Weirdly thinking about Legzdins the other day. That would be a cracking signing. 

Aye, I'd came across him the other day looking at the free agent keepers, didn't give it much thought though. Hopefully he's decent for the level, you'd imagine he would be.

Hate to burst anyone’s bubble but are we really that happy about having a keeper on trial that hasn’t played in 3 years , even with Hamilton or ferrie as our keepers I can’t see him being THAT much of an improvement 

9 minutes ago, D TOTAL said:

Hate to burst anyone’s bubble but are we really that happy about having a keeper on trial that hasn’t played in 3 years , even with Hamilton or ferrie as our keepers I can’t see him being THAT much of an improvement 

This will always be the case if getting a keeper from a higher level than our own.

11 minutes ago, D TOTAL said:

That's why he's on trial, we're seeing how he shapes up against them.

6 minutes ago, D TOTAL said:

I think the position is a bit different tbh, you have these career benchwarmer 'keepers who are pretty much trained to come into high pressure situations with 2 or 3 seasons of limited action. It will certainly lead to a decline but I don't think it's that drastic, as long as they've been injury free and the athleticism is still up there, they should be OK.

If he's coming in as just an average upper Championship goalkeeper, that may make a substantial impact on how our season shapes up. It's the difference between us being 4 points better off so far and much more competitive V Hearts given how our current options have fared thus far.

4 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Lol what if it was Thomas Konrad?

You built my hopes up.

3 hours ago, johnnydun said:

@Ludo*1

Reveal hidden contents

Jokes obvs.

It's a fucking dreadful forum truth be told. Hadn't posted on it for about 4 year until lockdown. I dipped my toes back in recently and it's been alright but I've only been skimming most stuff.

1 hour ago, Chateau Lafite said:

The centre half problem is significantly reduced if the keeper is proactive and dominations his area- Raith’s equaliser epitomises the absence of competence in the goal keeping department. No need to list the Flapjack flogs. 
it, however, leads me to wonder if the one consistent factor in the shitey goalkeeper scenario is not due to coaching? Is Rab Geddes perhaps the problem?

That’s it in a nutshell. 

59 minutes ago, D TOTAL said:

Tbf it would take a helluva goalkeeper to get a game before Nick Pope, Joe Hart and the guy who signed for Villa from Burnley. 

3 hours ago, Yenitit said:

Tbf it would take a helluva goalkeeper to get a game before Nick Pope, Joe Hart and the guy who signed for Villa from Burnley. 

53 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

Joe Hart is, and has been fucking shite for years

Joe Hart indeed left Burnley in the Summer and signed for "The Special One" at Tottenham Hotspurs on a two year deal pre season.

On a lighter note, think of the contacts Sir Charles has in his little black book once he's involved in a management role.

It'll consist a wee bit more than looking at a list of free/available players online. imho.

Regards

4 hours ago, harry94 said:

I think the position is a bit different tbh, you have these career benchwarmer 'keepers who are pretty much trained to come into high pressure situations with 2 or 3 seasons of limited action. It will certainly lead to a decline but I don't think it's that drastic, as long as they've been injury free and the athleticism is still up there, they should be OK.

If he's coming in as just an average upper Championship goalkeeper, that may make a substantial impact on how our season shapes up. It's the difference between us being 4 points better off so far and much more competitive V Hearts given how our current options have fared thus far.

It’s an interesting prospect.  We had Iain turner on loan from Everton having been a long term reserve and he was utter shite,  alternatively Sean murdoch returned to the club barely playing for a decade and not at an especially high level and he was excellent.