All things Dundee FC

During a period out of football due to injury, Fontaine began playing the guitar.[17] In September 2018 he released a single called "Life Lessons".

Played for Hibs tick
Knows McPake tick
Best years behind him tick
Been out for a long spell through injury tick

Yes folks meet our new centre half.

4 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Steven Caulker trending as people are talking about him deserving a call from Klopp to return to Liverpool. Still should've took the million quid offer from Rosenborg while we had the chance.

As I recall Caulker wasn't interested.

As I recall Caulker wasn't interested.

We should have got him in the board room with 2 gorgeous hookers, 10 grams of charlie and a bottle of Jack Daniels honey. Given him an hour, got him to sign the contract and then driven him to a private jet at riverside. No fucking about.

Would love Jozo to come aboard but I’m sure he was linked with inter or AC not long ago so I feel it highly unlikely we should just feel resigned to the fact it’s Fontaine take the figurative kick in the nuts from mcpake and Nelms as usual and move on

11 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

We apparently have a goalkeeper and CH on trial.

If this is true, then the really annoying thing is that surely he didn't only just realise over the last few weeks that we needed a new keeper, so why not look for one before the season started??? If he did only just realise over the last few weeks, then he's even worse than we imagined...

8 minutes ago, Spikethedee said:

If this is true, then the really annoying thing is that surely he didn't only just realise over the last few weeks that we needed a new keeper, so why not look for one before the season started??? If he did only just realise over the last few weeks, then he's even worse than we imagined...

Maybe thought the same as me, that rather stupidly, Hamilton would thrive with no crowd and suddenly remember what he has been training for his whole life - how to be a goalkeeper.

1 minute ago, harry94 said:

Fontaine was announced as having his contract terminated two days after the deadline. Unless they processed the paperwork earlier or there's a workaround where we can treat him like a loan player until Jan, he wouldn't be eligible to sign.

Next stage of Dundees development under McPake.

Signing crocked, ex-Hibs, players who are ineligible for months.

45 minutes ago, harry94 said:

Fontaine was announced as having his contract terminated two days after the deadline. Unless they processed the paperwork earlier or there's a workaround where we can treat him like a loan player until Jan, he wouldn't be eligible to sign.

His release was officially 5th October., before the deadline.

I mean a back pairing of Forster and Fontaine would bring back memories for Hibs fans, though idk if they'd be good ones. Can't remember if they played together much while they won the Championship, I'd assume that McGregor was more used than either of them.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee