All things Dundee FC

Like has been said already, Dorrans is a fantastic player on his day, and if we pick up injuries in the middle of the park he will be missed, however he was a luxury we did not need and his wages could be better spent on other areas of the squad/coaching staff. 

Manager

Keeper

Goalkeeping Coach

Centre Half

In that order please.

Thank You.

Edited by RossDee01

37 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

Like has been said already, Dorrans is a fantastic player on his day, and if we pick up injuries in the middle of the park he will be missed, however he was a luxury we did not need and his wages could be better spent on other areas of the squad/coaching staff. 

Manager

Keeper

Goalkeeping Coach

Centre Half

In that order please.

Thank You.

Would add in a striker who can a) score regularly and b) stay uninjured too.

50 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

Manager

Keeper

Goalkeeping Coach

Centre Half

In that order please.

Thank You.

Aye id go with that also tbh. Also go with a striker ahead of a centre half. Weird signing two boys who will "do a job" in this league yet have nothing to show for it in their career.

I presume sadly none of this will happen until probably next year 

I honestly reckon Jakubiak will eventually form a cracking partnership with Afolabi. As far as I'm aware he's not injury prone other than his bad luck at the moment and he could be the missing link between midfield and Afolabi as the more advanced forward.

21 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

I mean in a way this solves the "how do we play both Adam and Dorrans?" issue quite a bit. This team just feels like it's falling apart before our eyes though.

Might help cut down options but not sure it solves much at all. We have one winger, McDaid, and I would say in their best position of holding midfielder Robertson and Byrne play the same position (I prefer Robertson as he gets the ball forward better). Don't think playing both in the championship, where creating enough chances to win games is vital for any promotion hopes, will work. If Adam is kept central then for other wide position we have McGowan or Elliot (hasn't impressed me much this season going forward and Cammy is the better defender).  The other youngsters are just too raw, especially in these trying times. There is clearly an imbalance to the squad at the moment, and if McDaid is having a shocker it's emphasised even more.

You are right that it feels like it's falling apart before our eyes. Need to get much more from the players we do have. Hire TW, he'd get it sorted 

35 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

I’ve really enjoyed my time at the club. It’s been a great period for me, said Dorrans.
f**k me, he must have had some shite times.
Do they think we’re blind idiots?

In fairness, we're the club that got him playing regularly again after long injury issues, so I'm sure he's quite appreciative of that.

Afolabi has bother with his hamstring, touch-and-go supposedly. Sow the same, because he literally can't play one full half without getting injured. Can't wait to see what our line-up looks like, we're gonna have a tough time of it I can already tell. Get Nicky Hamilton on and watch the goals flow in. In what goal, you may ask? Couldn't tell you.

McPake saying a good 3-4 times in his pre-match interview that Dorrans wages will go to addressing areas in the squad that need addressing. Watch him now go and sign a LB or something silly.

Dorrans turned down 2 clubs in the last 2 windows to stay with us. McPake saying he was offered considerably more money from those clubs but that Dorrans was settled and only willing to leave if something life changing came up and 2 years in Australia is exactly that.

Says that this is a hugely important cup for us and that he and Mackay went to watch Cove on Saturday.  As Ross says above, McPake confirms Afolabi is touch and go but he has a weird wry smile when asked about it. Osman Sow is the same.

Praises Paul Hartley and says that only Hearts, Dunfermline & Cove from the lower leagues that won't sit back against us and that Cove will be 'gung-ho'. He says that's that Paul Hartley's teams do. Goes on to say that Hartley will have his squad believing that we are fragile. (He then pays respect to Raith saying they 'had a go as well to be fair to them'.)

He goes on about pressure and how our fans expect Dundee to win every game and expect us to qualify from the group and still win every game even if Hibs are in it and that's what he expects too. Says that he knows we've 'not quite delivered' so far then corrects himself and says, 'nevermind quite, we've just not delivered at all' but we 'are working ever so hard and will get there'.