All things Dundee FC

It's nice to fantasise, isn't it? Hope we win on Friday, and win big, as I always do. There's a good chance I will be disappointed in at least some respect, but why hope for anything better at this point.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

Tommy Wright would be the best appointment Dundee could make by a mile.

He knows the league inside out, and took us to 5 top six finishes in 7 seasons.  For context, Dundee have achieved their highest finish of 6th only 3 times since the Millenium.  He also led us to a cup win and 3 seasons in Europe.

He did inherit a good experienced squad, but also brought in a few players of his own who did brilliantly for Saints; Swanson, O'Halloran, Kennedy, Wright, Wotherspoon, Tanser the stand outs.  He also completely rebuilt the team and still got us comfortable mid-table finishes, bringing through 7 youth players who are now established members of our current 18 man first team squad.

Considering he's not with a club so no compensation required, and has said he'd like to return to manage a club in Scotland, if Dundee were to get rid of McPake, they'd be mental not to go for Wright.

8 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

He knows the league inside out, and took us to 5 top six finishes in 7 seasons.  For context, Dundee have achieved their highest finish of 6th only 3 times since the Millenium.  He also led us to a cup win and 3 seasons in Europe.

He did inherit a good experienced squad, but also brought in a few players of his own who did brilliantly for Saints; Swanson, O'Halloran, Kennedy, Wright, Wotherspoon, Tanser the stand outs.  He also completely rebuilt the team and still got us comfortable mid-table finishes, bringing through 7 youth players who are now established members of our current 18 man first team squad.

Considering he's not with a club so no compensation required, and has said he'd like to return to manage a club in Scotland, if Dundee were to get rid of McPake, they'd be mental not to go for Wright.

Based on our last few managerial appointments, no way we'd get Wright.  Each time we've managed to punt a manager and appoint one even worse!  We draw up criteria, shortlists and then appoint the least favoured option.  I know much goes on behind the scenes and it's not as easy as we make it sound, but FFS...

You’re a cock teasing bassa [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

One thing McPake has in his favour is that he's been largely effective at signing players. He's shown a clear lack of ability at managing them but how many complete duds has he signed? Ness, Forster are two for definite and I'd have probably taken the punt on Ness if I were a manager. Any others I'm forgetting?

What kind of budget/wage would we have for an incoming manager? Would TW be a cheap option considering he’s been out the game for 6 months but he left saints in a decent position , has his stock gone up now as I assume he’s have other teams down south that would take a punt on him, should we not look further forward than past managers/players and the guys from the house next door?

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

One thing McPake has in his favour is that he's been largely effective at signing players. He's shown a clear lack of ability at managing them but how many complete duds has he signed? Ness, Forster are two for definite and I'd have probably taken the punt on Ness if I were a manager. Any others I'm forgetting?

A poor man’s Ivano Bonetti. 

Anyway I was hoping to read on here that Wee Gordon took training this morning 😢 gutted. 

31 minutes ago, D TOTAL said:

What kind of budget/wage would we have for an incoming manager? Would TW be a cheap option considering he’s been out the game for 6 months but he left saints in a decent position , has his stock gone up now as I assume he’s have other teams down south that would take a punt on him, should we not look further forward than past managers/players and the guys from the house next door?

He's retired anyway, probably not interested in coming back.

Harsh on Ashcroft but he was dreadful against Hearts and has totally fresh aired simple high balls a few times and let it bounce which was apparently a common theme whilst at Dunfermline. McGhee is a good CH, but I feel he's had a poor start to the season as well and I think it's because he's had to commit himself to covering for some of Ashcroft's simple positioning mistakes.

Wouldn't say he's worse than Forster yet, but I've not been impressed.