All things Dundee FC

Hello. I haven’t been on here for about 7 months and all I want to know is if someone has done a photoshop of this poster on here?

actually, no, I also want to know what the f**k happened to the P+B app because it seems to have disappeared.

Dens Derry Ya Bas

thank you

837B861E-F5DF-45F3-9D27-A2BF38387758.jpeg

19 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Always happy to see LM back with his monthly moans in the middle of the night.

He's got a point tbf. McPake is a genuinely dreadful manager and the longer he gets to hang around after scraping 1-0 wins against utter dross, the longer he'll therefore be around to absolutely f**k it against competent opposition. 

Who would you take for the managers job?

I'd be trying to convince Wieghorst to give it a shot. Fits the ex player criteria we seem to have, has experience managing AND isn't another teams cast off.

Fairly certain he is the assistant for Denmark just now so probably wouldn't take much convincing.

Edited by Crawford

13 minutes ago, Crawford said:

I'd be trying to convince Wieghorst to give it a shot. Fits the ex player criteria we seem to have, has experience managing AND isn't another teams cast off.

Fairly certain he is the assistant for Denmark just now so probably wouldn't take much convincing.

Of all the candidates thrown up in this thread from time to time, realistically he's probably the best we could hope for. Aside from being an absolute hero to anyone who followed Dundee in the early to mid-90s, he seems to have had a couple of decent coaching gigs and has managed the Denmark U21s and is indeed the national team assistant. I'd be extremely surprised if he was willing to bin that to come to manage us in the second tier, but i'd absolutely support it. 

Let's face it, anyone coming in after McCann, McIntyre and McPake would have to be a massive improvement. 

11 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

The propaganda continues:

The Morton highlights have been edited in a way that we can say, um, continues with the running theme?

It's club highlights, I'm not very surprised at that. If Hopkin hadn't been a twat, I'd see nothing unusual with Morton uploading those selected highlights.

On another note, fair play to Cammy for not bursting out laughing when Muirhead got his second yellow, I know I would've.

5 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

It's club highlights, I'm not very surprised at that. If Hopkin hadn't been a twat, I'd see nothing unusual with Morton uploading those selected highlights.

On another note, fair play to Cammy for not bursting out laughing when Muirhead got his second yellow, I know I would've.

I think it's the combination of Hopkin's moronic comments and the bizarre match report that's led me to see these highlights differently than I normally would.

It’s a no, no and no again from me. f**k the ex player thing. We mean next to f**k all to him, quite rightly. We’re like a bird he shagged briefly 30 years ago. The sex was good but she wasn’t his first and he shagged bonnier girls after her. Doesn’t mean now they should get married.

There’s one candidate who is a far better fit and we all know who that is. Proven track record and knows the Scottish game inside out. Plus if we need to sack him after a few games it’s not another ex hero getting binned, just a fat grass.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54651454

This is a really interesting concept.

At the end of this they talk about Liverpool and throw-ins. Throws ins are an area we are particularly shite at - overlooked by a lot of teams it seems to me.

Edited by Fifespud
Spelling mistake

10 hours ago, Fifespud said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54651454

This is a really interesting concept.

At the end of this they talk about Liverpool and throw-ins. Throws ins are an area we are particularly shite at - overlooked by a lot of teams it seems to me.

I wonder whether signing Osman Sow is an indication to that fact that we definitely don't have the brains to do a 'Moneyball', or that we definitely do. I'm leaning strongly towards the former.

I can imagine the scouts bringing up his name, and Brad Pitt puts his head in his hand whilst he's told "He was great 5 years ago."

Great film BTW, would recommend to those who haven't seen it.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

I wonder whether signing Osman Sow is an indication to that fact that we definitely don't have the brains to do a 'Moneyball', or that we definitely do. I'm leaning strongly towards the former.
I can imagine the scouts bringing up his name, and Brad Pitt puts his head in his hand whilst he's told "He was great 5 years ago."
Great film BTW, would recommend to those who haven't seen it.

It is a great film I agree.

31 minutes ago, The Derry said:

I was just looking at some of the games tonight and I noticed Ryan Inniss is playing for Charlton in league 1.  How the f**k has he managed that?  He was hand on heart the worst player I've seen play for us. 

I said the same thing when he was on the bench for Crystal Palace against Liverpool, apparently he's been a different player since he left us, Palace fans getting on at me for slagging him. I agree fully, never hated a player like I did him, thought he epitomised our team that season.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

Think using Dorrans and Adam as a stick to beat McPake with is harsh. Fans have been greeting about Adam coming in for years and now that McPake delivers on that front, he's criticised for it? Plenty of stuff to criticise McPake for and plenty of reasons to want him gone but that's not one.
As for Byrne, he was one of our best players yesterday and excels in the role he was played in.
I agree with your overall point in that McPake hasn't improved us and that the goalkeeping situation is a shocking indictment on his managerial ability.
Not replacing Hamilton shows his lack of common sense too it seems, as does signing his mate Forster and playing him.

Good to be back after a few months away [emoji102][emoji23]

I said the same thing when he was on the bench for Crystal Palace against Liverpool, apparently he's been a different player since he left us, Palace fans getting on at me for slagging him. I agree fully, never hated a player like I did him, thought he epitomised our team that season.

I mind I had him first goal scorer away to Hamilton in the league the year we went down, sure we somehow won 2-0. The daft c**t missed a sitter from about 6 yards at 0-0.

In hind sight I’m probably the daft c**t for having him to even score.