All things Dundee FC

Admittedly I ken absolutely F all about either Peterhead or the dude managing them but surely if he is that bad he wouldn’t be there for 7/8 seasons or after a quick wiki search of the guy is it cause he’s an Arab?  Is he pish?

5 minutes ago, D TOTAL said:

Admittedly I ken absolutely F all about either Peterhead or the dude managing them but surely if he is that bad he wouldn’t be there for 7/8 seasons or after a quick wiki search of the guy is it cause he’s an Arab?  Is he pish?

He played for and won this league for Dundee. Its nothing to do with him being an Arab. 

19 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Friday's issues:

1) Formation - 3 at the back left us seriously exposed down the flanks - needs to be 4-4-2 - Forster to be nowhere near the team and sign a centre half who is either pacey or who is experienced enough to position themselves to make up for pace.

2) Slow midfield - if we start with Dorrans and Adam then we need 2 other midfielders to chase and do the donkey work - in a diamond with Adam pushed further forward - I think this means Robertson stepping up a lot more to chase and harry along with one other - Byrne looks the obvious shout and it is much more like the job he did at Livi. Failing that we need someone to be the enforcer in midfield to protect Dorrans/Adam - but I don't think we have the budget for that. Alternatively, the person who might be able to do that is a defender - I think Kerr could actually do this as I don't believe he is the best option at right back (I'd have Elliott ahead of him).

3) Sow and McGowan up top - Sow should get a thanks but no thanks message ASAP - McGowan as an alternative to Dorrans/Adam but not in the same team as them. Start with 2 from Mullen/Jakubiak/Afolabi.

4) Goalkeeper - yes he does not inspire confidence but I think having another centre half and a midfield enforcer is more important if our budget is limited.

Next match - with the players available - I'd go:

Hamilton

Elliott McGhee Ashworth Marshall

Byrne

Dorrans Robertson

Adam

Afelobi Mullen

TBH, I can't see the harm in trying this. Kerr has bundles of energy and isn't afraid to put a tackle in, and he is at least willing to take the ball forward if he gets in a suitable area of the park (what he does with it when he does go forward is another matter...). Wouldn't mind seeing him try this position in the Cove game or at some point in a league where we are 2 goals up (I would imagine this might happen at least once in at least one game. Maybe).

Edited by Spikethedee

Woh, woh, woh. Whoever’s suggesting Jim McInally as a possibility as our next manager needs to come off the drink and drugs and more importantly keep their opinion’s to themselves. Nelms hears/reads it and his computer comes up with YES we’d be up shit creek again for another couple of years until it dawns on him that his computer’s made an arse of it again. 

JIM FUCKIN MCINALLY, JESUS f**k 😡

Quite like this feature from the club website:

https://dundeefc.co.uk/news/loan-round-up/

A wee round up of how our loanees got on at the weekend, if they played etc. Wonder if it'll continue throughout the season, or if it was just to get the Hearts match report off being the main story on the website...:whistle

Edited by Spikethedee

13 hours ago, D TOTAL said:

Is there anyone in the Scottish lower league’s that deserve a shot at a higher level? Maybe the guy from Peterhead he’s been in his job for quite some time which is almost unheard of in that line of work

IMO the best lower league manager at the moment is Petrie, by a distance. 

1 hour ago, Mr. Alli said:

He played for and won this league for Dundee. Its nothing to do with him being an Arab. 

A wee bitty before my time, I’d never heard of the guy before 

it’s also been made abundantly clear he’s terrible and is should never be mentioned again 

MR NELMS IGNORE ME PLEASE!!

Edited by D TOTAL

Just now, D TOTAL said:

A wee bitty before my time, I’d never heard of the guy before 

And that's fine. If you'd never heard of him but seen he's been at Peterhead (a club who pay exceptionally generously for their level) and they've accomplished next to nothing from that with him.. What makes you think he'd make a good choice for Dundee, considering you don't even appear to know his name? 

1 hour ago, D TOTAL said:

Bearing in mind Dundee's most likely route to promotion from this division, it's worth noting that McInally has taken a team into playoffs seven times. He has never gotten through them, and has only made it through a tie in three of those.

He needed three attempts to get a full-time Morton team out of the third tier, bottled promotion from the fourth tier twice with a bankrolled East Stirling team then took them right back to being a complete rabble when the money dried up, needed three attempts to get Peterhead out of the fourth tier with an excellent budget, took them back down again after three seasons up and again needed two attempts to get them up. He's a perennial failure.

Edited by Dunning1874

7 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

And that's fine. If you'd never heard of him but seen he's been at Peterhead (a club who pay exceptionally generously for their level) and they've accomplished next to nothing from that with him.. What makes you think he'd make a good choice for Dundee, considering you don't even appear to know his name? 

The only factor I considered was longevity we went through 4/5 managers in his time at Peterhead so on that basis alone I assumed he was competent

TBH, I can't see the harm in trying this. Kerr has bundles of energy and isn't afraid to put a tackle in, and he is at least willing to take the ball forward if he gets in a suitable area of the park (what he does with it when he does go forward is another matter...). Wouldn't mind seeing him try this position in the Cove game or at some point in a league where we are 2 goals up (I would imagine this might happen at least once in at least one game. Maybe).
Thought it might be worth a go - remember they did this with Barry Smith - he turned into one of the best holding midfielders in the league according to OPTA.

Who do we have that can play CH in the squad already? We have McGhee & Ashcroft but who else in a pinch? That's us down to 2 CH's with Forster fracturing his foot. Hopefully means McPake will ramp up his search to get someone in.

Who do we have that can play CH in the squad already? We have McGhee & Ashcroft but who else in a pinch? That's us down to 2 CH's with Forster fracturing his foot. Hopefully means McPake will ramp up his search to get someone in.

Kerr and Elliott both probably could, although I’m hoping he just sticks with the 4 at the back.

Could also probably recall Fisher if really desperate but don’t see that happening.

The solution is simple (for this week at least): play 4 at the back.

Also seen Osman Sow is fine. I don't care even if we win 10-0 (though at that point my anger would likely dissipate), if Sow is in the starting XI again on Saturday, then I will not be moving from the 'McPake out' side any time soon.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

I’d missed that. Thank f**k otherwise McPake might have been tempted with the old ‘let them try again’ move.
Somebody should send Forster a large box of Herbal- life to see how he gets on.

Treated myself to a new PC and my daughter told me check out flight simulator. Had a look and found out you could takeoff from Dundee and all that so went for a new prospective.

Checked out the bridges, the law, all that and thought I'd check out dens. 

Well .... Look at what our neighbours are doing to tannadice 😂

20201021_130513.jpg