All things Dundee FC

10 hours ago, This Charming Man said:

Add Marshall and McDaid also to the player list imho and let's agree at least on one thing, John Nelm's does not make the next forthcoming managerial appointment.

Losing a half dozen to a Robbie Neilson team again, what an extremely harsh public humiliation, there really is no coming back this time.

PS, I seem to have attracted a soft-lad DAB troll for some reason, will have to request Stumigoo upgrade the chaps medication if at all possible.

Regards

I noticed Szamo’s_Ammo was taking the time to hand out red dots to one or two Dundee fans here last night.  I can only assume he was trying to show everyone that there is something more tragic and embarrassing than our defence and manager.  Bless him.  Very neighbourly of him.

Is Jack Hamilton the worst keeper we've ever had? Forget that being a reactionary post, genuinely? Has a goalkeeper been as consistently bad as he has?
Same with Forster, have we had a CH that's as rancid as he's been? Granted, he had a decent 2 month spell beside Berra and shown that he can be the 'brute' at the back provided he has a partner that can guide him through a game step by step (Which lets be honest, shouldn't be required at the lowest levels of professional football).
Hamilton may be shite but he isn't the reason we lost 6 goals.

Some of the shots were made by players in acres of space with us standing off them.

Utterly criminal.

1 hour ago, Louis Litt said:

The persistence with Jack Hamilton is all the more annoying when you see the number of players we've signed and money we've wasted on literally all other aspects of the team.

That St Mirren howler was well over 2 years ago now and I dunno if I'm being harsh but I can't once remember walking away from a game and thinking he'd saved us a point(s). 

He saved a penalty once that helped us to a 1 nil win. Alloa at home I think. Every single aspect of his game is dreadful. 

Edited by Yenitit

1 hour ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Hamilton may be shite but he isn't the reason we lost 6 goals.

Some of the shots were made by players in acres of space with us standing off them.

Utterly criminal.

Yup this is where I see it.

The defence is awful. We knew this . N we brought in 1 centre half who looks awful. 

Going through that shit show from start to finish last night would take all day. Infact it was a shit show from before kick off with that starting 11. 

The same problems in goal, central defence and up front won’t go away until the manager is replaced. When last season ended in March not 1 of us or any replacement manager would’ve started this season with Hamilton in the goal and Gowser and Sow upfront. The slowest front 2 in the history of the game!

Edited by Yenitit

13 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Yup this is where I see it.

The defence is awful. We knew this . N we brought in 1 centre half who looks awful. 

At the very least 1,2 & 6 should’ve been saved. 2, 5 & 6 should also be getting blocked. Would Craig Gordon have let in the freekick? 30 yards out and it’s only going to go to the near post. I think Charlie’s freekick was more central and he had that covered. 

Every shot and cross into our box looks like resulting in a goal. Every passback looks like a disaster waiting to happen, it’s either getting sclaffed or a bad touch is leading to it getting kicked out the park losing possession. 1 of his 3 saves last night was bailing out his own sclaffed kick straight to Ginnely I think about 30 yards out. 

Edited by Yenitit

Not sure if mentioned elsewhere but adding to McPake's managerial clusterf*ck last night was subbing Robertson, the only player giving the defence any sort of cover while leaving tired looking Dorrans and Gowser on the pitch. As for the great free kick, I was screaming at the telly for Hamilton to move at least a yard toward the post where the ball went in. What is it with keepers being so one sided encouraging that sort of effort. Might not have got it but you're putting no pressure on the guy taking the free kick.

I'm kind of hoping we take another trouncing and we can get Tommy Wright on board. 

11 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

At the very least 1,2 & 6 should’ve been saved. 2, 5 & 6 should also be getting blocked. Would Craig Gordon have let in the freekick? 30 yards out and it’s only going to go to the near post. I think Charlie’s freekick was more central and he had that covered. 

Every shot and cross into our box looks like resulting in a goal. Every passback looks like a disaster waiting to happen, it’s either getting sclaffed or a bad touch is leading to it getting kicked out the park losing possession. 1 of his 3 saves last night was bailing out his own sclaffed kick straight to Ginnely I think about 30 yards out. 

For 3 Forster should be covering that original pass, not the sure what he was thinking. Unlucky penalty but shouldn't have been able to get shot away

I'd need to see the free kick again but I thought Hamilton was poorly positioned - not taking anything away from the beautiful strike. As a keeper, being at fault for half of the goals conceded isn't too bad if you lose two nil. When you're shipping 6, then it's astonishingly bad you still retain your place every week. I'm not advocating chasing him out the club but the club desperately need to bring in another keeper to put the frighteners on him and his position. 

They've been needing to do that for a while and haven't though so I doubt it'll change now. 

26 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

Problem i still have with this is the fact we just let them take shots. Closing down was pathetic. Lets change the defence about.... cant really as we have nobody else. Its poor. However i dont think i expected anything less

13 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Problem i still have with this is the fact we just let them take shots. Closing down was pathetic. Lets change the defence about.... cant really as we have nobody else. Its poor. However i dont think i expected anything less

I never expected anything else other than a doing see the starting 11. The choice of wing backs meant we were never going there to impose ourselves on the game. Then to not change the tactics when Hearts were playing only 1 up front and destroying us out wide is as bad as the rest. 

4 hours ago, mychurch said:

2nd AFL semi is about to begin. It’s not football, but the 2nd best ball sport to watch. Hopefully somebody is showing it in the UK. I look out Geelong, who are playing.  Similar size town to Dundee, but a different in every way.  

Mate if we had Patrick Dangerfield (I don't even know if he still plays there anymore lol) we'd scuff this league. Even in that sport though, I'm always looking out for the Dees.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

Glen Kamara awarded man of the match in the Old Firm game.  He really is a quality player.  A great privilege to have watched him at Dens.

Only a matter of time before he moves on.  No way would  Nelms have sold him to give McIntyre funds to bring in the players he did without a significant sell on clause.......surely?  I know Kamara wanted away but Rangers also wanted him in straight away and didn’t want to wait until the summer to get him for free.

Anyone else think Nelms doesn’t know what he’s doing?

Not sure if mentioned elsewhere but adding to McPake's managerial clusterf*ck last night was subbing Robertson, the only player giving the defence any sort of cover while leaving tired looking Dorrans and Gowser on the pitch. As for the great free kick, I was screaming at the telly for Hamilton to move at least a yard toward the post where the ball went in. What is it with keepers being so one sided encouraging that sort of effort. Might not have got it but you're putting no pressure on the guy taking the free kick.
I'm kind of hoping we take another trouncing and we can get Tommy Wright on board. 
Nelms won't do anything until it's too late.