All things Dundee FC

Thought we came through what was a definite banana skin that we'd normally screw up in years gone by, relatively comfortable.
Max Anderson, until he went off, was my MotM. Real box to box CM and brought an impetus to the side that meant we never slowed down to first gear. That changed when Robertson came on but I suppose that was probably the point of that substitution, but I was really impressed. Biggest compliment I can pay him is that he didn't look out of place playing alongside Adam and Dorrans. Thought the 3 of them were very strong. Adam was producing defense splitting pass after defense splitting pass. Really was a joy to watch.
Mullen could and probably should have had at least 3 goals but he got himself into some very promising positions and as his finish was a real poachers goal. Elliott brought a threat down the right hand side but we were caught out quite a few times down his right hand side and McGhee was left on his own to try and deal with any threat. Forster's passing was brutal and we had a few scary moments at the back but Hamilton dealt with those moments well.
Osman Sow is just a big plank of wood up front and reminded me of Graham Bayne's last stint with us.
For the first game though, reasonably pleased even if it was against admittedly, a team we should be comfortably dispatching.

Totally agree with all that Ludo. Really pleased to see Adam (note spelling) looking fucking brilliant. So comfortable on the ball, mobile, some of his passes were sublime, brilliant action on his crosses with his left foot. I think he’ll score a fair few goals this season and will have a lot more assists.

Max Anderson was very impressive I agree.

It was a no nonsense victory against a team who are several leagues below us are certainly no mugs.

Bring on Friday. I’ve no fear about the game. We may well get beaten but the season won’t be defined on one game.

Thought Hamilton did well today, quite a few low shots saved well in the first half, and when the guy was clean through, another great save, he did have one clearance where it went straight to them, but apart from that, pretty good. IMO.

8 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Thought Hamilton did well today, quite a few low shots saved well in the first half, and when the guy was clean through, another great save, he did have one clearance where it went straight to them, but apart from that, pretty good. IMO.

Agreed. I want a new keeper and he'll let us down at some point and if I were McPake I'd be worried he'd cost me my job. That said, he performed really well today pulling off a few good saves and one absolutely top drawer save. Harsh to be slating him today.

Hope the wingers/wing-backs are prepared for plenty of great service this season, Charlie Adam will spoil them if today is any indication. Can see the wings being key on Friday depending on if Michael Smith is playing immediately after returning from international duty and if Stephen Kingsley is fully match fit.

23 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Agreed. I want a new keeper and he'll let us down at some point and if I were McPake I'd be worried he'd cost me my job. That said, he performed really well today pulling off a few good saves and one absolutely top drawer save. Harsh to be slating him today.

I never slated him today I said he done nothing to enhance my my confidence in him today. Yes he had a couple of decent saves that I’d expect him to make. Did he dominate his box, no. His distribution was poor imo. 

If he was a trialist keeper today would anyone have signed him afterwards?

1 minute ago, Yenitit said:

I never slated him today I said he done nothing to enhance my my confidence in him today. Yes he had a couple of decent saves that I’d expect him to make. Did he dominate his box, no. His distribution was poor imo. 

If he was a trialist keeper today would anyone have signed him afterwards?

If he was a trialist keeper today and had none of the baggage of Jack Hamilton I'd have been suitably impressed by him today tbh.

7 hours ago, Fifespud said:

Adams is much taller than I thought.

Recall seeing Charlie Adam outside the Overgate Centre a few years back whilst he was still at Stoke City. He was up here apparently for the Dave MacKay Testimonial.

I'm over 6 foot tall, however the bugger looked pretty imposing to me height wise in his training gear.  Mrs TCM, Stoke City die-hard was well impressed, me I just saw another kindred Dark Blue spirit.

Remarkable coincidence that day really as we're never in the city centre together or otherwise, this was only due to our last house sale and having to sign contracts that day at Thorntons iirc. 

Charlie Adam imho, has a massive future role to fulfil at our club, and not just as a player.

Merely my opinion. 

21 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Hope the wingers/wing-backs are prepared for plenty of great service this season, Charlie Adam will spoil them if today is any indication. Can see the wings being key on Friday depending on if Michael Smith is playing immediately after returning from international duty and if Stephen Kingsley is fully match fit.

Welp... let's hope Kingsley/Garuccio/whoever is aff it at LB.

Or an Austria/Norway player leaves his studs in... though I would never hope for that.

image.png.dd65c027351736e66ad1ed81ea60c2d1.png

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

12 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

Ooft. All about opinions tho 👍

To say that he didn't do well (Or would be punted from a trial if that was the case) today is bizarre IMO.  But as you say, all about opinions.

2 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

To say that he didn't do well (Or would be punted from a trial if that was the case) today is bizarre IMO.  But as you say, all about opinions.

I’m looking for a good shot stopper, dominates his box coming for crosses which he didn’t do and have decent distribution which again he doesn’t do. Keeper should be a big imposing lad as well. 

Just now, Yenitit said:

I’m looking for a good shot stopper, dominates his box coming for crosses which he didn’t do and have decent distribution which again he doesn’t do. Keeper should be a big imposing lad as well. 

Like Julian Speroni was?

As I say, I'm no fan of Hamilton and don't want him to be our first choice keeper, but he had a solid and good game today to say otherwise is disingenuous and is judging the player opposed to the performance IMO.

11 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Like Julian Speroni was?

As I say, I'm no fan of Hamilton and don't want him to be our first choice keeper, but he had a solid and good game today to say otherwise is disingenuous and is judging the player opposed to the performance IMO.

Like big Rab was. Solid not good. 

Speroni’s 6ft 1 btw 😉

Edited by Yenitit