All things Dundee FC

7 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

I think we have strengthened at the back with the addition of Ashcroft, strengthened in the Midfield with Adam coming in and I think our attack looks more balanced than last season, Hemmings wasn't scoring and Nelson wasn't either plus they couldn't or didn't get the chance to play as a pair.

Nail on head about Hemmings and Nelson. Don’t know if Ashcroft is an improvement on Berra, hope so or if we have a goalscorer. 

I think we have strengthened at the back with the addition of Ashcroft, strengthened in the Midfield with Adam coming in and I think our attack looks more balanced than last season, Hemmings wasn't scoring and Nelson wasn't either plus they couldn't or didn't get the chance to play as a pair.

I agree re Ashcroft. Not an improvement on Berra but he was only a loan and wasn’t here last season at this point. Midfield - maybe on paper was strong last year but definitely malfunctioned. Fin a year older, the rest time to gel and Charlie Adam. What a fucking signing. I like Hemmings, thought he did well last season, given the circumstances - those being he was mostly on his own. Surely we are stronger up front this season (he said hopefully)!
As for the goalie - meh no better but no worse than at this point last season!

1 hour ago, The Master said:

Works fine on my iPhone. 

I also managed to get it working on my TV’s web browser although logging in using the remote and an on-screen keyboard was tedious. 

If this is going to persist then the club could do worse than team up with one of the universities to find students who could develop smart TV apps (including Fire TV) for their final year projects. 

"Industry experience"

I’ve fucked up. Mines just keeps saying invalid credentials [emoji35]

Did you buy your season ticket online this year? I did, having bought it in the shop previously, with similar issues. The number in my season ticket last year (not collected this years) was an 8 digit number, but logging in to the ticket page gives a completely different 7 digit number. If that’s the case for you then the 7 digit number should work...

3 hours ago, Yenitit said:

What’s everyone’s thoughts on our transfer window? Improvement, about the same or weakened squad from last season?

For me we’ve improved our strongest part of the team (midfield), weakened the strike force, defence the same and unbelievably not strengthened (the obvious to everyone) weakest point in the team the goalkeeper. If McPake gets the chop this season, which I hope doesn’t happen because it means our team isn’t doing well then he can only blame himself for not signing a keeper and it will be to blame for the sack. 

I think we’re pretty much where we were last season unless between the 3 new strikers we’ve got a goalscorer. 

Weakened the strike force ? HEMMINGS WAS OVERWEIGHT AND DISINTERESTED NELSON COULD HIT A DONKEY ON THE ARSE WITH A BANJO

1 hour ago, stu2910 said:

Did you buy your season ticket online this year? I did, having bought it in the shop previously, with similar issues. The number in my season ticket last year (not collected this years) was an 8 digit number, but logging in to the ticket page gives a completely different 7 digit number. If that’s the case for you then the 7 digit number should work...

Yeah bought it online for the 1st time. I fucked up with the daft username with the ‘-‘ in it 🙈 and it won’t let me change the username. Can change the email address and the password but not the username 😡

1 hour ago, silvery tay said:

Weakened the strike force ? HEMMINGS WAS OVERWEIGHT AND DISINTERESTED NELSON COULD HIT A DONKEY ON THE ARSE WITH A BANJO

Nae need to shout but yeah I think I’d take Hemmings, Nelson and Johnson over the current 3 but hope I’m wrong. Hemmings the best of the 6 players, I can’t legislate for the managers tactics last season and how he was deployed. For what it’s worth I think Hemmings put in a power of work for us up on his own. I think Hemmings would’ve banged the goals in this season with Adam’s and Dorrans playing behind him. 

Edited by Yenitit

I'm reading the games off due to positive Covid tests at Forfar and we've been awarded a 3-0 victory. 
Dunno how true. 

Twitter saying that you have been awarded your cup tie due to a positive case at Forfar?

IMG_7279.thumb.jpg.b93e4a4963b02191f04cb2d5d0596fe3.jpg

That was the site that had been reporting it on Twitter.

1 minute ago, stumigoo said:

That was the site that had been reporting it on Twitter.

Ah right, I never saw your post but it was the PLZ Soccer report I saw. Can't see it being reported anywhere else though. 

Not sure whether to be relieved or gutted.

Fuck me, bought a season and then paid £12.50 ppv.

Guest bernardblack

Not sure whether to be relieved or gutted.
Fuck me, bought a season and then paid £12.50 ppv.

Assuming refunds will be issued?