All things Dundee FC

40 minutes ago, Crawford said:

Any whispers?

Santa's already answered my letter from late last year with the magnificent signing of Sir Charles of Adam.  Biggest signing for various different reasons since CC 33, imho.

With the young lads who are highly rated now being signed on longer contracts plus a 15 year old in Ewan Murray dominating the friendly with Peterhead last week, what's not to like?

The real praise though at the moment should rest with our owners' continuous financial support to our club, considering the other additions already added to the squad.

Real hope now for this season, priceless to us all.

Regards

39 minutes ago, This Charming Man said:

Biggest signing for various different reasons since CC 33, imho.

Don't think Charlie will make the wall, but he is more than welcome to try.

20201005_203233.jpg

Edit - Seeing how cruddy things have been recently, I'm entirely up for passing this onto another dee. I was lucky enough to get it from an old neighbour that was moving. Think it could pick up another fan.

If anyones old man was a fan or was themselves, let me know. I know free stuff is tempting, but DM me if you genuinely think it could make a difference to someone. Thanks.

Edited by Crawford

3 minutes ago, Crawford said:

Don't think Charlie will make the wall, but he is more than welcome to try.

20201005_203233.jpg

Simply awesome Crawford, that IS priceless.  Closest I've achieved was an XL Argentinian DFC away strip!! Which is good.

Charlie in fairness has time on his side for you though I trust.

Deepest Dark Blue regards my man.  

Cycled through the 3 players - good that they are using 3 different styles of media player in case any issues come up. The 2nd one seemed to be in 240p though.

Hope the quality is as high in the real game as those clips were. I might well be far off the mark but those clips looked much improved over what we got to see on Twitter etc of the same goals. That might be where Pixellot (If that's what was used) stands above the rest when it's able to process highlighta rather than trying to keep up with the live stuff.

Just looking at Hearts squad. One area they are weak in is up front. Boyce and Naismith - excellent, but their only other first team pool striker is Wighton. He did well at Arbroath obviously but don’t think we’d be too chuffed with that.

16 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Just looking at Hearts squad. One area they are weak in is up front. Boyce and Naismith - excellent, but their only other first team pool striker is Wighton. He did well at Arbroath obviously but don’t think we’d be too chuffed with that.

I'd bite your hand off to have that sort of 'weakness!'

Danny Mullen, Alex Jakubiak and Jonathan Afolabi is what we've got in comparison.

What’s everyone’s thoughts on our transfer window? Improvement, about the same or weakened squad from last season?

For me we’ve improved our strongest part of the team (midfield), weakened the strike force, defence the same and unbelievably not strengthened (the obvious to everyone) weakest point in the team the goalkeeper. If McPake gets the chop this season, which I hope doesn’t happen because it means our team isn’t doing well then he can only blame himself for not signing a keeper and it will be to blame for the sack. 

I think we’re pretty much where we were last season unless between the 3 new strikers we’ve got a goalscorer. 

Edited by Yenitit

18 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

What’s everyone’s thoughts on our transfer window? Improvement, about the same or weakened squad from last season?

For me we’ve improved our strongest part of the team (midfield), weakened the strike force, defence the same and unbelievably not strengthened (the obvious to everyone) weakest point in the team the goalkeeper. If McPake gets the chop this season, which I hope doesn’t happen because it means our team isn’t doing well then he can only blame himself for not signing a keeper and it will be to blame for the sack. 

I think we’re pretty much where we were last season unless between the 3 new strikers we’ve got a goalscorer. 

I think we have strengthened at the back with the addition of Ashcroft, strengthened in the Midfield with Adam coming in and I think our attack looks more balanced than last season, Hemmings wasn't scoring and Nelson wasn't either plus they couldn't or didn't get the chance to play as a pair.

5 minutes ago, Numptdee said:

Does the streaming of the game tonight work on mobile phone also or just a laptop?

Works fine on my iPhone. 

I also managed to get it working on my TV’s web browser although logging in using the remote and an on-screen keyboard was tedious. 

If this is going to persist then the club could do worse than team up with one of the universities to find students who could develop smart TV apps (including Fire TV) for their final year projects.