All things Dundee FC

4 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Raith beat Brechin 5-0 at Glebe Park. The reason I brought it up was because Brechin were testing out their Pixellot system which apparently wasn't the smoothest watching experience.

Oh right I thought you meant against us 😂

On 01/10/2020 at 10:31, Ludo*1 said:

Craig Gordon & Zdenek Zlamal are superior to both our keepers.

Halkett, Berra, Souttar and Smith would easily get a game for a top flight team and stroll right into our team. Indeed, we'd be delighted to have Berra back who couldn't get a sniff for Hearts in the second half of last season!

Hearts midfield is a bit suspect but the addition of Halliday will toughen that up and Jamie Walker is easily better than any wide option we have.

Naismith and Boyce are so far above this level it's unreal and should knock goals in for fun. I'd put them on par with the likes of Dorrans & Adam (Because of Adam's age) as being well above this level but in position we have zero comparison.

You're spot on that they underperformed and arguably had a top 6 squad and still got smashed every week but now they have a manager that has repeatedly smashed this league in a very boring style.

2nd. Anything less is unacceptable.

We all know as Dundee supporters VERY VERY well what having the best team "on paper" in this division guarantees you.

I'm rather surprised by this post from you. 

On 01/10/2020 at 12:31, Yenitit said:

Halkett - 🤷🏼‍♂️
Souttar - injured, out for months

Haliday - 🤷🏼‍♂️

Walker - made of chocolate and has a recent injury history comparable to players at our club 

Naismith - great player but injury after injury now. 

Gordon - has he still got it? Hasn’t played for a couple of years. 

Right now our biggest fear is the goalkeeper situation rather than Hearts. We’ve next to no chance unless this improved. 

Agree, Agree, Agree.

8 hours ago, Web said:

We all know as Dundee supporters VERY VERY well what having the best team "on paper" in this division guarantees you.

I'm rather surprised by this post from you. 

I think we've had the strongest squad in the league once in my lifetime (Not including the Bonetti era) and we were winning the league with it until Melville punted Jocky IMO.

Another game another 90 minutes with only 1 shot on target. Very, very fortunate to not be bottom. Good to read the manager thought they stood up to Livi tho [emoji23][emoji23][emoji106]

[emoji23][emoji23] in what world are dundee united “very very fortunate to not be bottom”? Fucking hell

1 hour ago, Aufc said:

emoji23.pngemoji23.png in what world are dundee united “very very fortunate to not be bottom”? Fucking hell

10 man St Johnstone - 1 point

10 man St Mirren - 3 points 

Motherwell late equaliser wrongly ruled out - 3 points 

In 5 out of 10 games they’ve had either 1 or 2 shots on target. 

My dab mate says they’ve been utter pish to watch offering nothing going forward. Think I’ll take his word for it rather than a Ayr Utd fan. 

Thank you. 

Edited by Yenitit

10 man St Johnstone - 1 point
10 man St Mirren - 3 points 
Motherwell late equaliser wrongly ruled out - 3 points 
In 5 out of 10 games they’ve had either 1 or 2 shots on target. 

My dab mate says they’ve been utter pish to watch offering nothing going forward. Think I’ll take his word for it rather than a Ayr Utd fan. 

Thank you. 

They still won the 3 points. You sound like an old firm fan with that pish. They are not fortunate to be where they are. They are in that position because they have beaten the other team.

They might well be the worst team in the league overall. Cant really comment. St mirren look like challenging for that title.

16 minutes ago, Aufc said:

They still won the 3 points. You sound like an old firm fan with that pish. They are not fortunate to be where they are. They are in that position because they have beaten the other team.

They might well be the worst team in the league overall. Cant really comment. St mirren look like challenging for that title.

The fuckin state of that pish. You can be fortunate and pick up points ye dafty. 

He also describes  their defending as last ditch which worries him with guys throwing their bodies on the line to block shots saying this type of defending isn’t going to hold out in the long run. 

Edited by Yenitit

14 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

United have bigger things to worry about than an Alloa Athletic fan coming onto this thread and defending their honour as the media are running with this:

Untitled.png

Yeh.  I read the Mail article.  Surely just a bit of journalism at play there?

One thing I can’t quite understand though.  Why would any team pay the £2/3/4 million for Shankland that United fans are touting when they could have  bought a better player in Nisbet for far less?

Edited by Shadow Play

14 minutes ago, Aufc said:

And you sound like a United fan with this pish. Away back to supporting Arbroath.

Edited by johnnydun

Just now, Yenitit said:

What’s this wee sentence at the end Ludo....

Like @Shadow Play suggests it's likely that it's just the English based journo adding his own spin to the story but he reckons United are keen to cash in on Shankland for that reason. Full article here:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8801679/Burnley-make-approach-Dundee-United-striker-Lawrence-Shankland-500-000-loan-deal.html

3 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

Yeh.  I read the Mail article.  Surely just a bit of journalism at play there?

One thing I can’t quite understand though.  Why would any team pay the £2/3/4 million for Shankland that United fans are touting when they could have  bought a better player in Nisbet for far less?

I wonder in the dab world of putting prices on players how much Nesbitt is worth. 

1 hour ago, Yenitit said:

I wonder in the dab world of putting prices on players how much Nesbitt is worth. 

I’ve tried to have chats with my United mates about their valuation on Shankland but it always comes back to their reckoning that because Shankland is able to find space to score goals against Scottish Championship sides and lower half top flight teams in Scotland he’s worth millions.

This  ignores the fact that any team with £2/3/4 million to spend on a striker are looking for someone that can regularly score against top teams.  This is something Shankland has yet to prove.