All things Dundee FC

26 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Choosing to believe for the time being Hamilton will be in top form with no crowds and some confidence. Sure that'll be oot the window when Hearts put 4 past him, but for the time being that's what I'm telling myself.

Haha, yeah same here - can't be easy with a baying mob breathing down your neck but tbh in his case we are only breathing down his neck coz he doesn't inspire any kind of confidence.

There were few moaners about Speroni or Rab from my memory - even Bain only got stick when he started being billy big baws

11 hours ago, Fifespud said:

Still no news of young Fin?

DM speaking about him in the tele.

“Fin’s is a bit of a knock but it is not one that we are too concerned with.

“I can’t imagine he will be out too long. He is looking better already and it was just a precaution putting a boot on.

“So he shouldn’t be out long-term, just a couple of weeks.

From this article about Sow maybe earning a deal and Church having left the club but maybe still being an option - https://www.eveningtelegraph.co.uk/fp/osman-sow-earn-deal-dundee-fc-dens-dave-mackay/

4 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Ciftci has signed for a club in Turkey.

That’s the 2nd time we’ve lost out on a signing target to this Samsunspor mob in the last couple of years. 

Levels I suppose!

Also I see Berra is out for 6-8 weeks so that weakens Hearts a bit more. 

Edited by Yenitit

On 01/10/2020 at 10:31, Ludo*1 said:

Craig Gordon & Zdenek Zlamal are superior to both our keepers.

Halkett, Berra, Souttar and Smith would easily get a game for a top flight team and stroll right into our team. Indeed, we'd be delighted to have Berra back who couldn't get a sniff for Hearts in the second half of last season!

Hearts midfield is a bit suspect but the addition of Halliday will toughen that up and Jamie Walker is easily better than any wide option we have.

Naismith and Boyce are so far above this level it's unreal and should knock goals in for fun. I'd put them on par with the likes of Dorrans & Adam (Because of Adam's age) as being well above this level but in position we have zero comparison.

You're spot on that they underperformed and arguably had a top 6 squad and still got smashed every week but now they have a manager that has repeatedly smashed this league in a very boring style.

2nd. Anything less is unacceptable.

Tbf Zlamal is a bombscare, and Gordon could well be finished.

Half those defenders you listed will miss the majority of the season.

Walker has lost all his pace.

Naismith has gone full Kenny Miller and now plays in DM pointing and shouting at folk. Boyce should stroll it but relies on players around him.

You've also got to factor in the "rot" seeping through that club (ala Sunderland). They've been rancid for about 20 months now, shit like that doesn't just vanish, certainly not when you've got such a dour, emotionless, vacuum in charge like Neilson. 

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

Kyle Gourlay, the other 'very promising keeper' that we ditched in favour of Ferrie starts for Hamilton tonight. Be interesting to see how he gets on.

Apparently he's pulled off several cracking saves; flogged 2 as well though.

20 minutes ago, harry94 said:
24 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:
Apparently he's pulled off several cracking saves; flogged 2 as well though.

Didn't think he could do anything at the second goal but the first did look poor.

Just going by the BBC updates. Not watched anything. Look better than Hamilton overall?