All things Dundee FC

1 hour ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

Jakubiak, Mullen, Hamilton, Afolabi... how many fkn strikers do you need?

Reckless, irresponsible, etc...

Jakubiak lasted one full game and is now hurt with early reports having him out until November. Mullen is hurt and hasn't managed a single minute played as of yet. not.one.minute of action in our friendlies.

Hamilton apparently more of a winger and is coming here as a favour to the guy (a Dundonian and a Dee) who runs York9 as he can't get a visa to play in Canada due to the 'Rona, and they are paying his wages. Further to that (and I'll be pleasantly shocked if I'm wrong) if we go by his highlight package he makes Yordi Teijsse look like Ronaldo. I'd be pretty surprised if this fella plays 90 minutes over the course of the whole season let alone one full game from beginning to end. 

Afolabi I know next to nothing about except that he's barely played any competitive football, and we surely won't be contributing much in the way of wages.

So at the rate we're going we're probably going to sign at least one more... and in classic Dee fashion we'll wind up having to throw Gowser up top to score when we realise too late that we don't have anybody that knows where the goal is.

2 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

In other news, I just found out from Twitter that apparently our old nickname used to be the Sugar Bags. If that's not just someone pedaling shite, I'm now referring to us as that.

Mon the Sugar Bags!

Its true, the team wore dark blue shirts with a white hoop around the neck, which resembled the bags that sugar was sold in, at the time.

Thank you.

1 hour ago, Shadow Play said:

It certainly looks like a Rolex President bracelet.  The only thing possibly going against that is the central links of the bracelet look the same width as the outer links.  Very hard to tell from the photo.  Could it be an old school Breitling on the original Professional bracelet?  

With the amount of signings we’ve had over the recent years you would think the club photographer would know we are looking for a decent view of any new signing’s watch 🤣

Yeah, probably gold plated shite.

Jakubiak lasted one full game and is now hurt with early reports having him out until November. Mullen is hurt and hasn't managed a single minute played as of yet. not.one.minute of action in our friendlies.
Hamilton apparently more of a winger and is coming here as a favour to the guy (a Dundonian and a Dee) who runs York9 as he can't get a visa to play in Canada due to the 'Rona, and they are paying his wages. Further to that (and I'll be pleasantly shocked if I'm wrong) if we go by his highlight package he makes Yordi Teijsse look like Ronaldo. I'd be pretty surprised if this fella plays 90 minutes over the course of the whole season let alone one full game from beginning to end. 
Afolabi I know next to nothing about except that he's barely played any competitive football, and we surely won't be contributing much in the way of wages.
So at the rate we're going we're probably going to sign at least one more... and in classic Dee fashion we'll wind up having to throw Gowser up top to score when we realise too late that we don't have anybody that knows where the goal is.

That’s a pretty fair summation imo. Don’t like to damn a player before he’s even allowed in the ground but Hamilton looks completely shite. The YouTube highlights vid is the worst I’ve ever scene. Jack may not be the shitiest Hamilton in our squad. Maybe that’s why they’ve signed him?

10 hours ago, Crawford said:

Personally can't wait for him to fire in 30 to shut you all up.

Tbh couldn't really care less how we put the ball in the net as long as we win the league . You don't bring a player like Charlie Adam into the team and expect to finish in second 

Him and Dorrans in midfield on paper looks great. Robertson learning from them two will be good for him. 

I'm probably wrong but have we now brought in more players than let go ? This isn't including any loan players as we havnt brought any in .

Angus McNab confirming that it was Tim Keyes that personally approved the Nicholas Hamilton deal as he 'believes in the untapped market of the America's and analytics' whatever that's supposed to mean.

As an a side, here's our squad in full (Not included youth unless they've played 4-5 times in the first team in proper games but will include as the season starts) and ages are based on their age as of 1/6/20.

Goalkeepers

#1: Jack Hamilton (26) - May 2021

#12: Calum Ferrie (21) - May 2021

Defenders

#2: Cammy Kerr (24) - May 2021

#3: Jordan McGhee (23) - May 2021

#5: Jordon Forster (26) - May 2021 (Option of a further year)

#14: Lee Ashcroft (26) - May 2022

#16: Christie Elliott (29) - May 2021

#23: Jordan Marshall (23) - May 2021

Midfielders

#4: Jamie Ness (29) - May 2021 (Option of a further year)

#6: Graham Dorrans (33) - May 2021

#8: Shaun Byrne (26) - May 2022 (Option of further year)

#10: Paul McGowan (32) - May 2021

#11: Declan McDaid (24) - May 2021

#19: Finlay Robertson (17) - May 2023

#26: Charlie Adam (34) - May 2022

#39: Nicholas Hamilton (24) - May 2021 [LOAN]

Strikers

#7: Alex Jakubiak (23) - May 2022

#9: Danny Mullen (25) - May 2022

#17: Jonathan Afolabi (20) - May 2021 [LOAN]

Manager

James McPake (35) - Rolling Contract.

Edited by Ludo*1

45 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I don't think Afolabi will be a difference maker (Although happy with the reports about him) so I'd settle for a CH and a keeper. Reckon it'll just be a CH and that's our lot though.

TBH, I'm just glad that the signing pics on the club website don't include shots of his watch....