All things Dundee FC

Just watched McPake’s interview after last night’s friendly. We ended up with a 15 year old, couple of 16 year olds, 3 17 year olds and a 19 year old on the park plus the trialist earlier in the game who I think is 18. 

Hopefully we get into positions in games to give these young lads some game time provided they’re good enough of course. Always good to see young players progress through to the 1st team and possibly signs the youth academy Tim Keyes and John Nelms set up is starting  to bear fruit. Let’s hope so. 2 or 3 progressing at each age group to the matchday squad makes a huge difference.  Long may it continue. 

Edited by Yenitit

I keep going back to watch that goal against Peterhead and what a great counter it is with a nice assist from jakubiak(i think) and a beautiful run from gowzer more of that same please,

having never bought deetv what’s the quality like of the feed and what do you get to see for your dough?

Gowser has the ability to pull off those wee runs in behind, but whether he can do that the whole game is another story. Moreover he's as clinical as...a non-clinical thing. Someone mentioned it earlier but it's odd to see someone move further forward as their career progresses, especially in Gowsers case. 

22 minutes ago, SweeperDee said:

Someone mentioned it earlier but it's odd to see someone move further forward as their career progresses, especially in Gowsers case. 

The wee man's went 360. Started as a striker and now finishing up as one. Imagine he scores the league deciding goal to send Dundee up. I'd shag his leg like a wee robust terrier and happily take the beating at the hands of Blanco McGowan. 

12 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

The wee man's went 360. Started as a striker and now finishing up as one. Imagine he scores the league deciding goal to send Dundee up. I'd shag his leg like a wee robust terrier and happily take the beating at the hands of Blanco McGowan. 

Right enough; forgot he started out at Celtic/St. Mirren as a second striker.

That's a lovely image you've painted there btw. 

38 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Aye it was WGS that initially played him as a striker.