All things Dundee FC

22 hours ago, Yenitit said:

Hope so. It’s dragging on a bit now and hope we’re not putting all our eggs in the 1 basket regards improving the starting 11 and it falls through. 

Yeah definitely, will undermine the positive boost the rumour has given everyone if its drags out or comes to nothing...

I did wonder if they are holding out until the result of the insurance case on Tuesday tbh. Kind of hope not tho coz that would probably mean we're covering his wages and as Gman says we need at least one defender and a keeper for definite.

Edited by locheedee

7 minutes ago, locheedee said:

Yeah definitely, will undermine the positive boost the rumour has given everyone if its drags out or comes to nothing...

I did wonder if they are holding out until the result of the insurance case on Tuesday tbh. Kind of hope not tho coz that would probably mean we're covering his wages and as Gman says we need at least one defender and a keeper for definite.

We are due a raft of celtic players. Sparkie, Gordon and a defender is acceptable for what we 'didn't do'. 

10 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I think we'll need to accept Hamilton will be our number 1, unfortunately.

I think so too, at least to start with anyway... Fingers crossed Ferrie takes his chance and gives us an alternative but if not I think it will be another loan signing or a scramble for someone decent in January.

7 minutes ago, locheedee said:

I think so too, at least to start with anyway... Fingers crossed Ferrie takes his chance and gives us an alternative but if not I think it will be another loan signing or a scramble for someone decent in January.

January will be too late unfortunately 

32 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

So will tomorrow be ‘C’ day?

Yep, tomorrow is Chic day apparently, if the gossip is to be believed, anything else in addition would be a bonus.

A competent first choice goalkeeper is a must, the spine of the team has to be strong, imho. 

48 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Perhaps the lack of fans eviscerating him will unlock his true potential. Would be a right laugh if it happens.

I guess we’ll find out in the first 6 games(Forfar and Brora included) if it’s a gonna be a tough season or not

Perhaps the lack of fans eviscerating him will unlock his true potential. Would be a right laugh if it happens.

Greeny for the use of eviscerating. Excellent word.

I’m always uber confident at this stage too. I predict we will be turning down 7 figure bids for Flap Jack this time next year.

On 13/09/2020 at 01:14, johan scott said:

Yeah, a total 100% er. Remember him getting knocked out twice at Muirton one night, once while scoring the equaliser. None of this namby pamby going off the park stuff either, quick dab from the magic sponge and he was straight back up again.

My favourite memory of Erich Schaedler. When we were promoted in 1981 we cuffed St Johnstone 4-1 at Dens in April, a decisive win as it turned out. We came from behind and stormed at them in the second half, attacking the Provie Road end. Erich made one of the goals with a fine cross, but was then wiped out by a shocking late tackle that would have been a straight red nowadays. I remember him lying on the ground, obviously in pain and unable to get up, but punching the air in celebration. Top man.

Positive thoughts to our former goalkeeper Jim Leighton, his family and friends after his recent diagnosis with prostrate cancer.

Jim is highlighting, following original advice from his ex colleague Willie Garner who was also diagnosed with this condition it can be hereditary and effects 1 in 10 men in Scotland.

Warmest wishes to them both and indeed any others who may be in the same position.

No green markers to this posting, thank you for reading.   

Edited by This Charming Man