All things Dundee FC

Yeah, apparently an update of a previous issue, however any avenue to raise revenue currently at Dundee Direct is a good one imho.

The foreword in the new issue is by one of my late fathers apprentice electricians.  Please see below the young man in question.

Regards

682536049_download(15).jpg.c030ddd791ef5ab6533c8285f7a8c53c.jpg

8 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

What’s the latest uptake of season tickets, a good friend who is a Dundee ST holder saying still very low uptake ?

Dinna ken.

Speaking to a fellow dundee fan just of players we have had over the years. ( f**k speaking about the shite going on the now)

Zurab was a decent player for us .

Edited by G_Man1985

2 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

The future is yet to be written, nobody knows if it’s meh. I’m remaining optimistic.

Exactly is why I'm sticking with meh 

Remember Harry on here was telling us about the under 13s were going to be the next group of lads coming through.

For me always good to go back into the past and see some players we had. 

2 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Remember Harry on here was telling us about the under 13s were going to be the next group of lads coming through.

Ironic, seeing as I consider you the Dee most up to date with what's going on with the youth teams on here.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

1 minute ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Ironic, seeing as I consider you the Dee most up to date with what's going on with the youth teams on here.

Is why I found the the statement quite bizzare.......

Ironic indeed. 

However if it wasnt for my mates son playing for dundee I'd be no wiser regarding youth. If he left I'd have no idea and that be end of youth chat for myself.

Hope this helps 

2 hours ago, Bantabairn said:

What’s the latest uptake of season tickets, a good friend who is a Dundee ST holder saying still very low uptake ?

2 hours ago, Wighton said:

2300 about 2 weeks ago.

That’s a decent number considering:

- There is still over a month to go before the start of the season.

- There has been a lack of excitement over any new signings (not a criticism of the board).

- It’s unlikely you will be able to attend every home match.  Stuck at home watching poor quality coverage?

- Championship football is dull enough when there is 4-5k fans at Dens.  I don’t want to think what it will be like when limited numbers of socially distanced  fans are allowed back in to watch.  No more entering the ground with a couple of minutes to kick off and all leaving at the final whistle I presume.

- Does anyone see anything other than a slogfest this season?

Most importantly of all.  I’d imagine there will be a fair number if fans that may wish to hold onto their money while the economic situation / their employment remains so uncertain.

For those who have purchased their season tickets already - a massive well done 👍.  You are probably making a bigger difference to the club than in just about any other previous season.

Insurance situation will have estranged a few fans. Literally the final week of payments for those who financed them was the week the season stopped.

I think the club being out of the gate so early promising to see ST holders right has actually been a bad thing.

I'll admit I felt a little sour about the whole thing for a week or two but ultimately it's insurers playing the long game and hoping businesses die. Can't pay a non existent entity. They know they're going to have to pay something so why not hold out for the smaller amount.

Looking forward to seeing how the new squad plays together and really excited about Jakubiak. Mon the Dee. 

I'm not sure what you're referring to but a year or two ago, there was a fair bit in the press about the batch of that era being particularly promising in the 13/14 ages with more internationals than previously. What year group that correlated to exactly (and idk if players regularly play above their own age group), I'm not too sure and only as informed as whatever (usually optimistic) things the club put out.