All things Dundee FC

Continuing with the ex-St Mirren theme - What about Cody Cooke? Not sure he's any good, but he fair destroyed us in McPake's first game (With a massive slice of Jack Hamilton)

1 hour ago, Mr. Alli said:

When we won the first division in 98', who was our 'third' striker? 

I keep thinking the closest we had that year was JO'D. 

I recall the very tall lad Steve McCormick as well from that season.

How many games he or Jerry O'Driscoll played, no idea tbh.

On the subject, how much would Iain Anderson from that team be worth nowadays?

As usual, us being Dundee FC it was sfa back then on freedom of contract I think. Nowt changes then or now, lol.

Regards   

I recall the very tall lad Steve McCormick as well from that season.
How many games he or Jerry O'Driscoll played, no idea tbh.
On the subject, how much would Iain Anderson from that team be worth nowadays?
As usual, us being Dundee FC it was sfa back then on freedom of contract I think. Nowt changes then or now, lol.
Regards   

Funnily enough I was thinking about him yesterday. The youngest goalscorer in the Scottish Premier League - or whatever it was called then.

5 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Funnily enough I was thinking about him yesterday. The youngest goalscorer in the Scottish Premier League - or whatever it was called then.

Yeah, I vaguely remember the game Spud, end of season game at Dens where we pissed on Hibernian 4-0 if I recall correctly.

Enjoyable. 

Yeah, I vaguely remember the game Spud, end of season game at Dens where we pissed on Hibernian 4-0 if I recall correctly.
Enjoyable. 

He slightly suffered from not being as good as Neil McCann, or maybe it was Iain Ferguson. A bit lightweight, the Scottish criticism.

10 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

He slightly suffered from not being as good as Neil McCann, or maybe it was Iain Ferguson. A bit lightweight, the Scottish criticism.

Iain Ferguson, professional predator wherever he played, very good at his trade, maximum respect imho.

Ooph, Neil McCann, when he was appointed our caretaker manager I always remember what a former neighbour (who was the head groundsman at Dundee Uni when the Dee's used their facilities back in the 90's) told me. McCann was a self opinionated big head, even in his teens. Didn't bode well I thought at the time and so it certainly proved.

Jim McIntyre was merely a clown, Neil McCann was Neil McCann, I'm not sure what's worse!

Now working for BBC as a pundit, we're still paying the self proclaimed experts wages, who's the fool?  

Anyway, rant over, enough about the past, here's to the future!

Regards as always 

25 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

Is there any evidence to suggest that girls actually do like Simon Murray or is it, as I suspect, purely because his name scans perfectly in the song?

Honestly enough reason to bring him back imo, nobody has a better name for it. Could do it with Danny Mullen, but it's no the same.

47 minutes ago, This Charming Man said:

Ooph, Neil McCann, when he was appointed our caretaker manager I always remember what a former neighbour (who was the head groundsman at Dundee Uni when the Dee's used their facilities back in the 90's) told me. McCann was a self opinionated big head, even in his teens. Didn't bode well I thought at the time and so it certainly proved.

Charming Man don’t take this the wrong way but your former neighbour is a spoofer regards McCann. 

41 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

Charming Man don’t take this the wrong way but your former neighbour is a spoofer regards McCann. 

I'm merely quoting a gent, now into his mid 80's who dealt with numerous  Dundee managers over a few decades requesting winter training facilities at Riverside Drive, and hence therefore got acquainted  with many players. 

As per my previous post, that was his recollection to me of a young Neil McCann during this period.

Regards 

Edited by This Charming Man

18 minutes ago, This Charming Man said:

I'm merely quoting a gent, now into his mid 80's who dealt with numerous  Dundee managers over a few decades requesting winter training facilities at Riverside Drive, and hence therefore got acquainted  with many players. 

As per my previous post, that was his recollection to me of a young Neil McCann during this period.

Regards 

I knew him during that period and I think your neighbour got the wrong end of the stick. For someone clearly destined for the top big headed was the last stick you could beat McCann with. 

Is there any evidence to suggest that girls actually do like Simon Murray or is it, as I suspect, purely because his name scans perfectly in the song?

For a few away games on the trot I was sitting next to his mother, stepfather and bird. His bird was pretty tidy and I’d probably ride his mother too. Not so much the stepdad though.

4 hours ago, Fifespud said:

For a few away games on the trot I was sitting next to his mother, stepfather and bird. His bird was pretty tidy and I’d probably ride his mother too. Not so much the stepdad though.

unnamed (30).gif