All things Dundee FC

4 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Betfred Cup group stage draw on Monday at 1pm. Please no derby, they have a 2 month head start on us.

We're in the same pot AFAIK.

Copied from @craigkillie post in the LC thread:

North
Pot 1: St Johnstone, Hibs, Ross County, Hearts

Pot 2: Dundee United, Inverness, Dundee, Arbroath

Unseeded: Raith Rovers, Montrose, East Fife, Peterhead, Forfar Athletic, Cove Rangers, Elgin City, Cowdenbeath, Stirling Albion, Stenhousemuir, Brechin City, Brora Rangers

2 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Copied from @craigkillie post in the LC thread:

North
Pot 1: St Johnstone, Hibs, Ross County, Hearts

Pot 2: Dundee United, Inverness, Dundee, Arbroath

Unseeded: Raith Rovers, Montrose, East Fife, Peterhead, Forfar Athletic, Cove Rangers, Elgin City, Cowdenbeath, Stirling Albion, Stenhousemuir, Brechin City, Brora Rangers

It was pointed out to me that Kelty is actually further north than Cowdenbeath, so they may end up in here instead if they don't mind having both non-league sides in the same pot.

1 hour ago, Yenitit said:

Anyone else worried who’s going to score our goals next season? From what I gather we’ve signed 2 strikers in 2 days who appear to play the same role in a side. Hopefully I’m way off the mark with that. 

Hopefully going two up top. 

3-5-2.

Do we think we'll sign any more? Probably be us done in terms of permanent signings and just utilise the loan system from here on out once the players are back training? We can loan in up to 5 players but McPake said when he got the job he doesn't like teams that have too many loan deals.

Keeper, another CH & a striker are MUSTS for me if we're to go 3-5-2. Possibly a winger as well so that we can change shape when need be. Yet I can't see 4 bodies being added - loanee or not - due to finances.

2 minutes ago, Crawford said:

With Sparky being surplus to Neil "anti-irish sentiment" Lennon's plans at the shamrock shack, is he a real possibility for loan? Or is that an absolute non starter?

Griffiths won't be leaving Celtic. 

Got to admit that I'm totally ignorant about the abilities and positions of the young lads who have been promoted into the 1st Squad, but yes, as a minimum I think we require a Goalkeeper (and I'd be willing to punt Hamilton entirely and go with just Ferrie and a loanee to make that happen), one more experienced Centre Half, and another semi-dependable striker.

Great if one or more of the youngsters can step up and perform in those positions or contribute in the wide areas, but I don't think you can rely on that. 

I think we need to remain realistic though, and realise that with the possible exception of Hearts, more or less every team in our division will be facing a season with a squad with obvious deficiencies thanks to Covid.

7 minutes ago, Crawford said:

With Sparky being surplus to Neil "anti-irish sentiment" Lennon's plans at the shamrock shack, is he a real possibility for loan? Or is that an absolute non starter?

Celtic have Edouard and Klimala, and are apparently linked with Steven Flethcer, Albin Ajeti and Ivan Toney. Surely if they really want all these new strikers, and considering Lennon's recent attitude towards Griffiths, he'd be the one to leave or at least would probably be smart to do so in order to keep playing.

If Celtic really want to go all out and sign those 3 strikers, then I feel like Sparky is surplus to requirements and is leaving. I don't know where he'd go, but he'd surely be leaving.

Hibs (And many other clubs) would absolutely be all over Griffiths if he were available. There's not a chance, in a million years, he returns to Dens even on loan. Once he's fit again, whether he's in Celtic's plans or not, he'll still be heavily in Steve Clarke's plans and a move to Dundee on loan won't do anything for Griffiths. Absolute non-starter.

We'll get Murray, undoubtedly. :(

Someone on Kickback saying that Uche & Wighton's contracts are to be terminated. I'd have Uche bullying defenders in the air whilst Jakubiak/Mullen harass them on the ground tbh. And whilst I'm not Wighton's biggest fan, I'd welcome him back with open arms before Murray.