All things Dundee FC

Something doesn't quite add up. Our consultation process was announced as finished on 20th July meaning Hemmings had agreed to stay. 30th July we publish new squad numbers and Hemmings has even changed what number he's going to go with.

Yet media running with the story that he changed his mind within 48 hours of agreeing.

Suppose it doesn't really matter either way as it's the same end result.

7 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Aye, I was only taking the piss with him. I doubt we'd get anywhere near what Celtic would be looking for wage wise. 

That Deewee guy who drops names left right and centre is saying we have a highly regarded young striker signing today. Beat off other teams for his signature (but he can't name him). 

Oh I like this kind of shit. 

ITK or just drops off names hoping he gets one right? 

Need some guys here to pretend they know something to get more chat going. 

3 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Something doesn't quite add up. Our consultation process was announced as finished on 20th July meaning Hemmings had agreed to stay. 30th July we publish new squad numbers and Hemmings has even changed what number he's going to go with.

Yet media running with the story that he changed his mind within 48 hours of agreeing.

Suppose it doesn't really matter either way as it's the same end result.

Maybe the rest of the time was spent in negotiations?

2 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Oh I like this kind of shit. 

ITK or just drops off names hoping he gets one right? 

Need some guys here to pretend they know something to get more chat going. 

He said we'd put on offer on the table to Tony Watt 'today', he'd signed a new deal at Motherwell a week previous. 

He will say 'we are talking to Mullen'.. About 3 weeks after its been reported and then Mullen signs and TDB go wild for his insider knowledge. He's had Murray training with Dundee for about 3 weeks now. Dundee aren't training. 

1 minute ago, Mr. Alli said:

He said we'd put on offer on the table to Tony Watt 'today', he'd signed a new deal at Motherwell a week previous. 

He will say 'we are talking to Mullen'.. About 3 weeks after its been reported and then Mullen signs and TDB go wild for his insider knowledge. He's had Murray training with Dundee for about 3 weeks now. Dundee aren't training. 

Ah so basically like the one that was on twitter recently ( life of me can't remember the person but was someone taking information from elsewhere).

Don't understand these type of people, do they get a wee pinger because they get the information first or pretend they knew all along ?

I like reporting news that I see. If anyone wants a source im not going to shy away from it.

3 minutes ago, D TOTAL said:

Anyone knows why kind of wage he was on?

Probably 1/5 of what he'll potentially earn at Burton Albion I would guess.

Don't blame him, nor Dundee for that matter if they did delay the announcement by several weeks.

Strange financial days indeed, not a time for business naivety.

Welcome home Simon Murray. 

2 hours ago, G_Man1985 said:

Tbf probably having a good time on holiday thinking f**k going back to Dundee. 

I genuinely pictured him in his hotel bed in Ibiza, eyes half shut going "f**k off James".

Is Carlo Monti still belting about?

ETA: I appreciate the pandemic may play some part in this one, but is there another club in Scotland to do so poorly in getting fees for our best players?

Edited by RawB93

2 minutes ago, This Charming Man said:

Maybe I'm missing the boat here regarding Kane Hemmings leaving.

The local DCT press have merely repeated an article on Capital City Press by Alan Temple.

Nowt I can see on the club website also regarding the above.

Any ideas?

Maybe trying to secure a decent replacement to soften the blow when it is finally announced? Double-dunter of an announcement maybe?