All things Dundee FC

1 hour ago, Exiledjag said:

My last word on this farcical summer. 

During the debate following the now infamous April vote I laid into Nelms for breaking the agreement he had with my club, Partick, and ICT. I suggested he was a dishonourable individual. This of course didn't go down well with Dundee fans some of whom even disputed there was an agreement. That there was an agreement cannot now be disputed! 

I was asked by a Dundee fan what I would think of Nelms if his change of course actually led to league reconstruction and saved Partick! Feeling that reconstruction was never going to happen, I said I would reserve judgement! 

Well the whole sorry process has now been drawn to a conclusion, except for the fact that we and Hearts still have an SFA judicial review to face where I expect we will be hammered! 

So what do I think of Nelms? 

Well he broke an agreement so he is a dishonourable individual. He is also untrustworthy. Of that there can be no doubt. He also found himself out of his depth trying to deal with the SPFL, which is saying something given the ineptness and incompetence they have shown. He also showed a complete lack of character by being bullied into changing his vote a decision which ultimately relegated Hearts, Partick and Stranraer. 

Nelms saw an opportunity to sit 'at the top table' and to be one of the 'big hitters' and ultimately to be a Kingmaker (Lachlan Cameron's Ayr Utd Chairman description) instead he turned out to be the Court Clown. 

I used to consider Dundee my second club. From the Alan Gilzean team (yes I am that old) onwards I had nothing but good feelings for the club. I am afraid all that is gone. I know it won't make the slightest difference to Dundee but I will never attend a Dundee match again nor wish the club well!

I can only say I regret that my views about Nelms have also  influenced my feelings for the club but that's the way it is. 

So I have answered the question! 

Now tell us how you really feel 

During the debate following the now infamous April vote I laid into Nelms for breaking the agreement he had with my club, Partick, and ICT. I suggested he was a dishonourable individual. This of course didn't go down well with Dundee fans some of whom even disputed there was an agreement. That there was an agreement cannot now be disputed! 

I was asked by a Dundee fan what I would think of Nelms if his change of course actually led to league reconstruction and saved Partick! Feeling that reconstruction was never going to happen, I said I would reserve judgement! 

Well the whole sorry process has now been drawn to a conclusion, except for the fact that we and Hearts still have an SFA judicial review to face where I expect we will be hammered! 

Well he broke an agreement so he is a dishonourable individual. He is also untrustworthy. Of that there can be no doubt. He also found himself out of his depth trying to deal with the SPFL, which is saying something given the ineptness and incompetence they have shown. He also showed a complete lack of character by being bullied into changing his vote a decision which ultimately relegated Hearts, Partick and Stranraer. 

Nelms saw an opportunity to sit 'at the top table' and to be one of the 'big hitters' and ultimately to be a Kingmaker (Lachlan Cameron's Ayr Utd Chairman description) instead he turned out to be the Court Clown. 

I used to consider Dundee my second club. From the Alan Gilzean team (yes I am that old) onwards I had nothing but good feelings for the club. I am afraid all that is gone. I know it won't make the slightest difference to Dundee but I will never attend a Dundee match again nor wish the club well!

I can only say I regret that my views about Nelms have also  influenced my feelings for the club but that's the way it is. 

That’s all fine and well but how piss poor were Partick to be anywhere near the bottom of the league last season. Maybe look inwards and have a pop at the board and managers of Thistle last season instead of chucking stones elsewhere. Your club was 10 points behind a part time team with 9 games to go and they had a game in hand over yours! 

2 hours ago, Exiledjag said:

Well, thank f**k for that.

By the way, wouldn’t it be a strange old world if no-one was ever allowed to change their mind about something? Just sayin’.

Nobody cares. Get doon.

I hate this "My second team" pish. 

Your team were shite and were going down anyway. 

Dry your eyes. 

IMG_7701.jpg

1 hour ago, hk blues said:

Come on mate, you'll not be down for ever. 

That's the point - we shouldn't be down at all and certainly not in these circumstances. 

Look in making my feelings known I do not forget the fact that for the better part of 3 years we have been very poor so we are partly to blame for our demise! But if Nelms had held the line and kept to his word things might have been different! We might in the end still have been relegated but Nelms renaging on his word made things much easier for the SPFL and so much more difficult for H, PT & S! It also leaves a feeling of being stabbed in the back by someone considered a friend! 

Clearly the days of a man's word being his bond are in the past. 

You are correct though and although we still have the SFA to face., it's time to move on and channel our efforts to getting  a decent team onto the park to get us back to the championship and eventually the SPL. 

However I doubt  this episode in our 144 year history will  be forgotten by any Jag and the key  part played by not just the SPFL but also  particular Clubs and People!

Just now, Exiledjag said:

That's the point - we shouldn't be down at all and certainly not in these circumstances. 

Look in making my feelings known I do not forget the fact that for the better part of 3 years we have been very poor so we are partly to blame for our demise! But if Nelms had held the line and kept to his word things might have been different! We might in the end still have been relegated but Nelms renaging on his word made things much easier for the SPFL and so much more difficult for H, PT & S! It also leaves a feeling of being stabbed in the back by someone considered a friend! 

You are correct though and although we still have the SFA to face., it's time to move on and channel our efforts to getting  a decent team onto the park to get us back to the championship and eventually the SPL. 

However I doubt  this episode in our 144 year history will  be forgotten by any Jag and the key  part played by not just the SPFL but also  particular Clubs and People!

Yes you should as your team were utter shite.

If your club had to rely on a managing director from another club's word to save your club from going down when there's 3 part-time teams in the league, then it says more about the running of your club than it does about Nelms.

Finally, I'm sure Nelms doesn't give a f**k about Jacqui Low, Gerry Britton or your fans holding a grudge against him tbh.

go away gtfo GIF

6 minutes ago, Exiledjag said:

We just got 3 Celtic players on loan so Nelms clearly did the right thing by taking the briefcase full of cash and promise of players from Lawell.

3 hours ago, Exiledjag said:

You lied.

How come YOU’RE allowed to change your mind, but Nelms isn’t ??

McPake confirming that Ashcroft turned down St Johnstone to sign for us.

That's Hemmings, McGowan & Ashcroft all choosing us over St Johnstone in recent times. Evidently realise what a diddy club St Johnstone truly are.

Do you think we're happy about it? He also handed these dayglo cunters the league title.

Thank you.

Tl;dr

No one gives a f**k what you think

How do you feel about all the other teams that voted to end the season? It's like you lads and Hearts just want to blame us for everything but what about the other teams that voted to end the season.. And more to the point what about your teams performance throughout the whole season? Each to there own but see all these hearts and Partick fans that are never stepping inside dens again well that's your choice but I guess yous won't be stepping in any of the other teams ground that voted to end the season? I would always put my team first before a team that I hated. 

3 hours ago, Exiledjag said:

Aye and I'm sure they'll all be shiting themselves and having sleepless nights about the big bad West end boys. 

Do us a favour. Shut the f**k up and get down. The decision has been made. Have some self respect and dignity. Stop whining and concentrate on your team getting back up.