All things Dundee FC

I’ve signed up. I’m a bit older than most, kids grown up and right now I can afford it, if things change I’d stop. I’m not interested in the free stuff, except the hospitality but no doubt it will be the alcohol free version! I’m not even bothered about what they do with it, if it helps the club survive this difficult time then fine, the yanks have put their hands in their pockets already and will need to continue. They should have done this years ago. It’s free money to the club. I’ve been going for over 40 years, I love it. I want my son to be able to go for decades too. I can well understand how many don’t want to or can’t justify the cost. Tough times all round.

12 hours ago, Fifespud said:

I They should have done this years ago. It’s free money to the club. 

The idea is a clever one. However always been opportunity to give  Dundee money. ( again could of sponsored a player, however I dunno if you could of paid it up in installments).

Just need to lower season ticket prices.

I'm guessing nobody does know how many season tickets we have sold. Was presuming we would do quite well and Dundee fans would rally together in tough times. 

Signed up to Club 1893 for £20pm. 

Interested to see this scarf at £100.

Now instead of shouting "do you even go to games?" at people you have a disagreement with, you can lasso them with your exclusive scarf for maximum I'm an actual fan points.

Signed up to Club 1893 for £20pm. 
Interested to see this scarf at £100.
Now instead of shouting "do you even go to games?" at people you have a disagreement with, you can lasso them with your exclusive scarf for maximum I'm an actual fan points.
Same. £20 per month.

Should have done this years ago.

3 hours ago, rainbowrising said:

I dont have any issue with the club looking at ways to get fans putting a but more in. That £750 for hospitality though...a category A game for 2 right now would set you back £300 total? 

It's meant as a token gesture. A scarf wouldn't cost you £100 and a t-shirt wouldn't cost you £250 either.

Dunno if it had been updated already, but the FCA Court Case regarding the insurance claim ends this week, with a result not expected until September at the earliest. That is not including the potential (and almost certainly-happening if the insurers lose) appeal case that could follow.

20 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Dunno if it had been updated already, but the FCA Court Case regarding the insurance claim ends this week, with a result not expected until September at the earliest. That is not including the potential (and almost certainly-happening if the insurers lose) appeal case that could follow.

I've been reading the transcripts each day. The amount of fluff within them is ridiculous and I don't just mean legal speak - they discuss, at length, when they should go for lunch. 2 pages of a 50 page transcript were discussing when to have a 15 minute break.

6 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

I've been reading the transcripts each day. The amount of fluff within them is ridiculous and I don't just mean legal speak - they discuss, at length, when they should go for lunch. 2 pages of a 50 page transcript were discussing when to have a 15 minute break.

Hoping to drag it out so that some of the entities they owe money to will no longer exist.

Company can't claim loss of earnings if it no longer operates.

That's over £4,600 to be pumped into the club every month now thanks to the 1893 Foundation. An incredible effort by all donating and a big success already. Hopefully that number will keep rising.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

James McPake may well be a shite manager, but to accept a pay cut and then sign up to the new fans foundation is just one example of how much he's bought into the club.

Numerous times before he was appointed manager and he was doing odds and ends for DeeTV he's said how he's a Dundee fan now and will be for the rest of his days. He's also clearly done a lot of research into the club which I've never witnessed from a player or manager before. There was one interview where he started rattling off about our results in the 70s.

I'm an easy target but I absolutely love it when someone buys in to the club and becomes Derry'd Oot There Nut.