All things Dundee FC

1 hour ago, Yenitit said:

That’ll mean the person you’ve been slaughtering, Deewee or something like that was actually correct 🤔

Broken clock is right twice a day.

Perfectly decent signing. We have jobbed around mid table during his time but if you can be arsed trawling the league results for the last four seasons then by my rough reckoning we've only lost by more than two goals on three occasions. 

Started reading the transcripts for the court case. It's unintentionally hilarious.

On day 2, of one of the biggest court cases in the world currently, they spend the first two pages discussing with the judge if they can finish up 15 minutes later upon which the judge says he has a zoom call to catch. They then discuss having a shorter break so they can finish up early and it goes round the room of people saying, 'I'm happy with that if you are?' And 'Central London is a hassle to get lunch in an hour'.

Ashcroft is solid in the championship, nothing more than that. As someone has already eluded to, he needs a quick centre half alongside him. I wouldn't describe him as a leader either, in fact when he was given captaincy his performances went downhill. Wins most of his headers but gives away a lot of fouls and have never seen a player let the ball bounce as much as him. I think he'll do a job for Dundee and he's definitely an improvement on that monstrosity that I seen at East End, foster?

Edited by VinnyPar

Hard to predict if that'll be us 'done' with our defensive additions. We clearly need another CH - particularly if we want to play 3 at the back as Ashcroft just replaces Meekings, but there are clearly other areas that need to be addressed more urgently.

3 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Hard to predict if that'll be us 'done' with our defensive additions. We clearly need another CH - particularly if we want to play 3 at the back as Ashcroft just replaces Meekings, but there are clearly other areas that need to be addressed more urgently.

I'd say new striker and GK maybe take priority just now, but another CH wouldn't go amiss.

Just now, RossBFaeDundee said:

I'd say new striker and GK maybe take priority just now, but another CH wouldn't go amiss.

I'm really worried that with finances being so tight and we have 2 goalkeepers on the books compared to 1 striker, we'll just go with Hamilton.

Can see both Mullen & Murray signing.

5 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I'm really worried that with finances being so tight and we have 2 goalkeepers on the books compared to 1 striker, we'll just go with Hamilton.

Can see both Mullen & Murray signing.

If i took a guess it won't be both.

Id say we would take Murray. Cheap option.

If we were to bring anyone else I think we would then get rid of someone.

Goalkeepers I reckon none will come in 

Strange how things have changed in Dundee over the last year With the Arabs now top club and the Blues 2nd club in the City. Strange times ahead 

Hardly they’ve been the top club for about all the last 45 years. Keep up m8.

12 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Perth diddy-men 'not bothered' about us signing Ashcroft.

American Psycho GIFs | Tenor

I think it's a good move for him..C.D knew him from his time at Dunfermline and gave him training facilities but its extremely doubtful if he was seriously looking to sign a ninth defender.

25 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

If i took a guess it won't be both.

Id say we would take Murray. Cheap option.

If we were to bring anyone else I think we would then get rid of someone.

Goalkeepers I reckon none will come in 

I get that we'll have a streamlined squad this season, but I don't think we have any youth strikers coming through to complement the squad so could easily see Murray & Mullen as I say. As much as I think Murray is a terrible, terrible footballer - his pace means he can also be utilised on the wing.

Signing a utility player or two will be crucial IMO.

We're up shite creek if we don't sign a keeper and I agree with you, I can't see us bringing anyone in. Time for Ferrie to prove if he can make it at Dens or not.

The new loan allowance will undoubtedly be used but I know McPake doesn't like having a squad with too many loanees as he feels that it's difficult for a squad with a lot of loans to buy into the club.

In Ashcroft's interview he says that the deal was something he's known about for a long time. McPake has been on the phone to him quite a lot and was desperate to bring him in.

2 hours ago, VinnyPar said:

Ashcroft is solid in the championship, nothing more than that. As someone has already eluded to, he needs a quick centre half alongside him. I wouldn't describe him as a leader either, in fact when he was given captaincy his performances went downhill. Wins most of his headers but gives away a lot of fouls and have never seen a player let the ball bounce as much as him. I think he'll do a job for Dundee and he's definitely an improvement on that monstrosity that I seen at East End, foster?

Keep Forster to the basics and he is 'ok' (not much more). He seems to think he is Beckenbauer unfortunately and is a bomb scare with the ball at his feet.

5 minutes ago, rainbowrising said:

Keep Forster to the basics and he is 'ok' (not much more). He seems to think he is Beckenbauer unfortunately and is a bomb scare with the ball at his feet.

Forster was like a different player playing in a back 3 and arguably our man of the match on most occasions when that formation was played. A big no when he was played as 1 of the  centrehalfs in a back 4. 

49 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I get that we'll have a streamlined squad this season, but I don't think we have any youth strikers coming through to complement the squad so could easily see Murray & Mullen as I say. As much as I think Murray is a terrible, terrible footballer - his pace means he can also be utilised on the wing.

Signing a utility player or two will be crucial IMO.

We're up shite creek if we don't sign a keeper and I agree with you, I can't see us bringing anyone in. Time for Ferrie to prove if he can make it at Dens or not.

The new loan allowance will undoubtedly be used but I know McPake doesn't like having a squad with too many loanees as he feels that it's difficult for a squad with a lot of loans to buy into the club.

Hopefully young Lyall isn’t hung out to dry and gets played in his natural position the next time he gets a chance. 

We’ll get a keeper on loan from Celtic. Whoever isn’t kept as 3rd choice keeper at Celtic out of Doohan and Hazard will do a good job for us. 

58 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

Hopefully young Lyall isn’t hung out to dry and gets played in his natural position the next time he gets a chance. 

We’ll get a keeper on loan from Celtic. Whoever isn’t kept as 3rd choice keeper at Celtic out of Doohan and Hazard will do a good job for us. 

Doohan is heading to Ross County.