All things Dundee FC

1 hour ago, Fifespud said:

This lad is clearly not the full shilling. I’m on my phone so what team does he support? I can almost tell by the illiterate shite he types but can anyone confirm?

He used to claim he was Paul Hartley's best mate. 

I was interested in the 5 million quote more than anything because the Viking Stadion, the arena our proposal was heavily based on, was €20 million in the 2000s.

With Kilmac being touted as the major contractor, owned by a fan and the supposed stadium namesake; group tax relief, potential subsidy for jobs generated and improving of public facilities, we would still be over this supposed 5 million.

Anyway, what's the news with fixtures for the other leagues? Anything yet?

Over 200 members in just over 24 hours. Really good to see imo.

Yes. They should have done this years ago. Supposing they average out at £25 a month, 60k a year. Definitely will help pay the odd bill.
You could probably buy Alloa for that, the whole town that is, and bulldoze the absolute shitehole into the ground.

27 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Over 200 members in just over 24 hours. Really good to see imo.

Great uptake in the last 2 days. Excellent to see the fans do this and the Historical Trust. Along with the NHS sleeve and the 1893 run initiatives as well. 👏👏👏

Scotty and Ross amongst others take a bow!

200 people sign up at £10 per month (And I'm sure there's people signing up at higher tiers - but just using as a baseline) then that's £24,000 a year that the club wouldn't have been receiving 2 days ago.

In essence, that's a £500p/w player extra for the squad or even if it's just to pay some bills or whatever is deemed fit. Absolutely fantastic scheme.

It's something the club will need to keep pushing though as it can easily just disappear like the DFC Gold/Silver/Bronze scheme that came before it.

11 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

200 people sign up at £10 per month (And I'm sure there's people signing up at higher tiers - but just using as a baseline) then that's £24,000 a year that the club wouldn't have been receiving 2 days ago.

In essence, that's a £500p/w player extra for the squad or even if it's just to pay some bills or whatever is deemed fit. Absolutely fantastic scheme.

It's something the club will need to keep pushing though as it can easily just disappear like the DFC Gold/Silver/Bronze scheme that came before it.

Whatever helps. I was hoping it would go towards the youth system where it could make a real difference in years to come. 

Right then, rumour from the lad on TDB who had us looking at Tony Watt a week after he signed for Motherwell, but he claimed it would be in the next day or two so at least we'll find out pretty quickly if it's shite.

Claiming that we'll be signing a defender from the Championship in the next 24-48 hours. Considering being the only player (aside from Callachan) associated with Dundee this preseason, if this is really it'd almost certainly be Lee Ashcroft.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee