All things Dundee FC

Given the financial state of the game (and indeed club), I genuinely don’t see us signing many players before the season resumes. Sadly, I reckon we’ll be lumped with Flapjack for another season. It still boils my piss that we paid for him. That being said, we do need another striker, assuming Hemmings stays on.

Not many options at the moment, but I’d say Murray is an improvement on Nelson. Both can be rash, but Murray’s the stronger and more direct of the two and can compete with the cluggers of this league. Nelson did get bullied around at times, causing him to loose his head and either get sent off or forget what he was meant to be doing (imo).

Murray, although limited, always gave 100% and I reckon he’d put more in the net than Nelson.

Will be a strange season, this. 

Thank you.

Edited by LiamDFC

Given the financial state of the game (and indeed club), I genuinely don’t see us signing many players before the season resumes. Sadly, I reckon we’ll be lumped with Flapjack for another season. It still boils my piss that we paid for him. That being said, we do need another striker, assuming Hemmings stays on.
Not many options at the moment, but I’d say Murray is an improvement on Nelson. Both can be rash, but Murray’s the stronger and more direct of the two and can compete with the cluggers of this league. Nelson did get bullied around at times, causing him to loose his head and either get sent off or forget what he was meant to be doing (imo).
Murray, although limited, always gave 100% and I reckon he’d put more in the net than Nelson.
Will be a strange season, this. 
Thank you.
Given our finances I'd say there is a strong possibility of us not signing anyone, not unless they'd play for peanuts.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

That also explains Danny Mullen. 

I don't understand why Dundee fans are so hard for one while dreading the other. 

From what I've seen of Danny Mullen, he looks capable of controlling the ball and some composure in front of goal. 

I've never seen either with Simon Murray. 

The latest rumour and innuendo is that Hemmings is staying and that it was Nelson that refused the pay reduction as I half jokingly suggested yesterday. 

That'd be some much needed good news if true.

35 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

The latest rumour and innuendo is that Hemmings is staying and that it was Nelson that refused the pay reduction as I half jokingly suggested yesterday. 

That'd be some much needed good news if true.

Wasn't Nelson. 

No source from me on this occasion. 

2 minutes ago, Girth said:

We’re getting Simon Murray. Let’s face it.

Presume we get f**k all players until Hemmings is sorted out.

Until then we hope some youngsters will do a job.

Track record isn't great so hopefully we can change our fortune's and youth players do some good.

59 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

From what I've seen of Danny Mullen, he looks capable of controlling the ball and some composure in front of goal. 

I've never seen either with Simon Murray. 

I like Mullen as a player, but (with the caveat I've only ever seen him in a struggling top flight side) he seems all huff and no puff.

Plenty of effort and that but he's not a starting striker for a team who want to be competing for the title IMO.

Murray strolled the championship. He would be the perfect addition for a largely impotent team moving forward.

If at all possible, we should sign him and, getting way ahead of myself here, if we get promoted give him another crack at the premiership to reward those efforts.

Just received this e-mail from DFCSS:

Dear Member,

Further to my email on the 1 July 2020 I’m pleased to forward a short questionnaire (below) on behalf of the Board which as you’ll appreciate is most important and should hopefully take just a few minutes to reply to. Email responses to contact@dee4life.com by 12noon on Wednesday 22 July 2020 will be greatly appreciated and please note that all responses will be treated as confidential and never associated with individual Members.   

A detailed appraisal of the responses will be swiftly reported to the Members and most importantly will be used to inform the Board’s decisions on any significant additional contributions to the Club and associated organisations. 

It should also be stressed that the Society’s directors are extremely sympathetic toward the financial challenges facing the Club, however, the problem the directors face is that the Society Rules, in common with other Supporters’ Trusts, do not encourage a ‘no strings attached’ donation as has recently been requested by the Club. This is one of the main reasons why the Society directors decided they couldn’t agree to the request as it stood. Another reason is that, as a democratic organisation, and given that a significant amount of reserves had been requested, the directors wish to engage with the Members before taking such a potentially major decision. We therefore provide the following guidance to Members on how their money could potentially be spent within the parameters of the ‘Objects’ and ‘Powers’ in the Society Rules.

To help the directors with their decision making process please study the following suggestions and respond to questions A, B, C and D.

NB: The Society’s reserve allowing all current expenditure commitments is £34,000.

By way of background suggestions, the Society Rules would favour a donation to the Club or related organisation through any of the following suggested routes:

1.1  Share purchase

1.2  Interest free loan

1.3  Support for the activities of ‘Dundee FC in the Community Trust’

1.4  Support for the activities of the new ‘Dundee FC Historic Trust’

1.5  Funding of free season tickets for schools and community groups

1.6  Funding of stadium improvements to benefit of the supporters        

Question A - Would you be happy for the Society to release a significant amount from the current reserves. Yes / No?

Question B - If Yes, what percentage of the reserves would you suggest?  

Question C - If you’ve responded ‘Yes’ to Question ‘A’ above which of the donation categories 1.1 to 1.6 above would you support?

Question D - If you’ve responded ‘No’ to Question ‘A’ above please explain why, if you wish.

By way of further background information the Board is delighted to confirm giving the following support in the last six months to the Club and associated organisations:

·       £500 donation to Scott Roberts’ Crowdfunding initiative.

·       £888 donation to the ‘DFC in the Community Trust’ soccer schools. 

·       £2,600 donation towards the development of the new 'DFC Historical Trust' website and other costs.  

·       £1,000 grant secured from Dundee City Council to further support the development of the 'DFC Historical Trust'.

·       Managing the successful application process to OSCR for the 'DFC Historical Trust' charitable status and the development of the Trust’s governance documents.

Finally, DFCSS/Dee4Life has a membership approaching 200 and the greater the membership the better placed the Society would be to contribute to the Club. It’s worth pointing out that both at Board and wider membership level there are Members who are also Club shareholders, DSA members, season ticket holders and Dee Lotto members and that all members wish to work for the ultimate benefit of the Club.

I look forward to your email response and if you've any queries please let me know.

Kind regards,

Ian Baird

Director and Secretary

3 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

I like Mullen as a player, but (with the caveat I've only ever seen him in a struggling top flight side) he seems all huff and no puff.

Plenty of effort and that but he's not a starting striker for a team who want to be competing for the title IMO.

Bruce Forsyth Tv Times GIF - BruceForsyth TvTimes Neilsmiles ...

Edited by Bigmouth Strikes Again

Considering he was starting pretty much every game for Livi in their promotion year before St Mirren swooped in for him, I reckon the Championship is more suitable for him now he has gained experience, and I think he'd do more than fine. I prefer him over Murray largely due to the uncertainty of the latter coming off a serious injury. It's not like we have a great deal of choice anywhere else, so I'm still thinking Mullen is the right choice.

1 hour ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Considering he was starting pretty much every game for Livi in their promotion year before St Mirren swooped in for him, I reckon the Championship is more suitable for him now he has gained experience, and I think he'd do more than fine. I prefer him over Murray largely due to the uncertainty of the latter coming off a serious injury. It's not like we have a great deal of choice anywhere else, so I'm still thinking Mullen is the right choice.

He was decent for us tbh, prone to a dive though. He left us and we got Hardie and Miller who were by far better. I'd honestly say Mullen is a decent mid table Championship striker.

The big issue when he was with us though was his attitude, didn't buy into our culture of working hard and doing double/triple sessions. The kind of player that can do nothing for 3 or 4 games and then pop up with a 35 yard banger and then go anonymous again. 

He ended up injuring himself towards the end of us time with us by going out on the piss midweek, jumping down the stairs in McDonalds and fucking himself for 6 weeks. By that time Hopkin had enough and binned him

7 hours ago, craigkillie said:

Rogers is currently on trial with us, presumably to be our second choice keeper.

Do you have a current first choice?

Jack Hamilton can be made available. Special price.

Didn't realise Danny Mullen's goalscoring record was this bad:

Untitled.png

Imagine there's a lot of sub appearances in that but jeezo.

Edited by Ludo*1