All things Dundee FC

8 minutes ago, Spikethedee said:

Thought Nelson was going to be the answer after his first few games last season - looked a real goal threat, put in loads of work, harassing defenders to try and get them to make mistakes etc. Then he got injured for a bit and never looked anything like as good again.

Would still have preferred him as an option, but best of luck to him and let's hope McPake can pull something out of the bag.

Do you think striker is now more important than keeper to fill? Especially if Kano goes too?

We could have just Jack Hamilton on the books and no other players and goalkeeper would still be my priority tbh.

Robert Thomson has had an absolute mare in that article.

The court case is due to end on 30th July - Not next month.

Hemmings has 2 years left on his current deal, not 1.

Therefore, I can't trust anything he's written when basic Google searches show him a wanting.

ETA: He also says our revenue will be slashed in 'half' due to the league season being shortened by a quarter.

Edited by Ludo*1

5 minutes ago, D TOTAL said:

Only cause they are free is Danny Rodgers or Rohan Ferguson viable options or better than Hamilton?

Rogers would be fine, 26 now and fairly experienced at this level. Rohan may be decent but I think would be a bigger risk, not seen enough of him to know how consistent he is. There's 5 or 6 in League One and Two down south who are free agents now. I imagine there will be a fair few more surplus with the cost cuts.

21 minutes ago, harry94 said:

Rogers would be fine, 26 now and fairly experienced at this level. Rohan may be decent but I think would be a bigger risk, not seen enough of him to know how consistent he is. There's 5 or 6 in League One and Two down south who are free agents now. I imagine there will be a fair few more surplus with the cost cuts.

Would league one players come to a championship team in Scotland?

Would think more league 2 or lower maybe 

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

ETA: He also says our revenue will be slashed in 'half' due to the league season being shortened by a quarter.

Thats from Nelms, presumably.

Screenshot_20200717-183838_Chrome.thumb.jpg.6e0349caa973b77c856947ac4e48d513.jpg

Edited by RandomGuy.

2 hours ago, Fifespud said:

Honestly think I’d prefer Murray. Injury prone, crazy bookings, no composure. Good luck Andrew.

If I was given the choice I'd genuinely choose Simon Murray by a distance aswell, I appreciate he might not have been great at Premiership level but he was an absolute nightmare to play against at this level. 

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

Fair enough on that one.

Shoddy nonetheless.

Might he be talking about Dundee United going up aswell? They must fill out the away end at Dundee. 

2 hours ago, derrybiy said:

I wasn't that bothered about Nelson leaving but then I realised he might be replaced by Murray.

It's like getting made to choose between an anal fissure or genital warts. 

4 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Might he be talking about Dundee United going up aswell? They must fill out the away end at Dundee. 

You would think that, wouldn't you? Surprisingly, Dundee United hold the record for the lowest attendance of fans at a Dundee Derby. 

Everyday is a school day! 

9 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

If I was given the choice I'd genuinely choose Simon Murray by a distance aswell, I appreciate he might not have been great at Premiership level but he was an absolute nightmare to play against at this level. 

This is why I'm not ready to dismiss Murray yet. He did real good at this level last time.

4 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

This is why I'm not ready to dismiss Murray yet. He did real good at this level last time.

I'm not sure that's the case. He got ten in the league pre play offs. Hemmings has had a poor season, with no support and got the same amount. 

Folk are fooled because he can run fast and harries defenders. He's the exact type of player we should be avoiding at all costs. 

23 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

You would think that, wouldn't you? Surprisingly, Dundee United hold the record for the lowest attendance of fans at a Dundee Derby. 

Everyday is a school day! 

1,940 to be precise Mr A and if they are to be believed every United poster on P&B was at the match.

11 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Harsh in the main, however not fair on this occasion Mr Dele.  Retain Kane Hemmings and supplement with Simon Murray, imho.

Also, sign Charlie Adam as assistant player/manager, arguably what would be the biggest Dee signing since Claudio Caniggia, then John Nelms can finally rub his hands at the season ticket sale returns.

Regards to all, merely my opinion.  

14 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

I'm not sure that's the case. He got ten in the league pre play offs. Hemmings has had a poor season, with no support and got the same amount. 

Folk are fooled because he can run fast and harries defenders. He's the exact type of player we should be avoiding at all costs. 

Don't get me wrong, I'd still prefer Mullen pretty easily, but I don't think he'd be completely useless... if he has recovered from his injury.

12 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

That also explains Danny Mullen. 

I don't understand why Dundee fans are so hard for one while dreading the other.