All things Dundee FC

Does anyone else do this, or is it just me??

My wife will occasionally buy me socks for my work, and usually gets a 5 or 6 pack of plain, black ones. Usually, they have small flashes of colour on them, usually on the heel. She gets really annoyed because I will refuse to wear any black socks that also have orange on them! I now have a drawer with three or four pairs of unworn, black socks with orange flashes on them.

Is it just me, or am I justified in not wearing those two colours together, even if no-one else can see them?

7 minutes ago, Spikethedee said:

My wife will occasionally buy me socks for my work, and usually gets a 5 or 6 pack of plain, black ones. Usually, they have small flashes of colour on them, usually on the heel. She gets really annoyed because I will refuse to wear any black socks that also have orange on them! I now have a drawer with three or four pairs of unworn, black socks with orange flashes on them.

Is it just me, or am I justified in not wearing those two colours together, even if no-one else can see them?

You obviously have issues. Getting paranoid over a pair of socks. I utterly detest Rangers, but my favourite colour is blue!

Edited by Highlandmagyar 2nd Tier

15 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Strachan does quite a bit already with individual players.

"Parents have been given personal assurances that they will not notice a difference in the standard of coaching their sons receive"

A parent of a player at Dundee was telling me if insurance doesn't pay out, will be huge changes, but don't worry about that as it will pay out just a matter of when.

A good few of the players ( or a certain age group i keep track of) are going out to play/train with junior teams also.

Also was told a good of the youths at higher age bracket were told a good few will be stepping up ( I hope this is true and will happen ) 

I've nothing else. 

Hope we are all keeping well 🙂

10 minutes ago, Spikethedee said:

My mate is a United fan and he is like this. However he is a big fanny. 

9 minutes ago, Spikethedee said:

Likewise Spike, nowt wrong or unusual with that in my opinion. 

Sanity is a finely defined line, however I won't wear them either with orange, dreadful colour combo apart from the obvious connections.

Regards 

2 hours ago, Spikethedee said:

Stick to your principles my man 👍

5 hours ago, Spikethedee said:

Makes total sense.  I’ve got a watch that I bought on an orange rubber strap.  Happy with it until someone remarked it looked like tangerine.  Within weeks and  £70 lighter I had it on a black rubber strap.  

Can’t take any chances.  It’s just not worth the risk of being mistaken for a United fan!

0C1A257F-1C21-40DA-BACF-82546E5A3CF2.jpeg

35 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

Makes total sense.  I’ve got a watch that I bought on an orange rubber strap.  Happy with it until someone remarked it looked like tangerine.  Within weeks and  £70 lighter I had it on a black rubber strap.  

Can’t take any chances.  It’s just not worth the risk of being mistaken for a United fan!

Thank goodness it was only on your Tissot and not on your Audemars Piguet.

I’m totally with you Spike. No tangerine for me either 🤮

1 hour ago, Shadow Play said:

I like the Doxas and the Seikos with the orange dials, but because of these DAB's I cannot buy one, the c***s.

Thank you.