All things Dundee FC

12 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I’d love Byrne at Ayr.

He’s clearly a decent player but only Livingston have managed to get the best out of him.

He'd get a top flight side no bother at all.

32 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Where's this certainty coming from?

He wanted out earlier in the season. That all could have changed but he's come here for good money, he's now being asked to slash that or walk away and get a decent signing on fee and wage elsewhere. 

36 minutes ago, Twinkle said:

Arite lads. Heard the news and just thought i would pop in and say hello. Also, joking aside, i dont want you guys to go bust

Shank you

‘Shank you’ 😂 holy f**k

Joking aside we’ve managed to get the wage bill down by roughly 20% plus the players who have been freed, how’s the filth’s looking 😂

Edited by Yenitit

9 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

He wanted out earlier in the season. That all could have changed but he's come here for good money, he's now being asked to slash that or walk away and get a decent signing on fee and wage elsewhere. 

Tbh I preferred McGhee in the defensive role in midfield the limited times he played there than Byrne. Very disappointed in him but he rarely played in the position he did for Livingston. 

Edited by Yenitit

9 minutes ago, Twinkle said:

Arite lads. Heard the news and just thought i would pop in and say hello. Also, joking aside, i dont want you guys to go bust

Shank you

To hear from a follower of a another club that pre-covid seriously, realistically doesn't have a pot to piss in, I truly admire your Saturday evening candid sense of humour.

Are you still reading the Jim Spence column, or reverted back to this weeks Beano summer edition?

Saturday evening regards my friend.

7 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

‘Shank you’ 😂 holy f**k

Joking aside we’ve managed to get the wage bill down, how’s the filth’s looking 😂

speaking of shankland i read elsewhere he didnt play against motherwell because he was being "rested" f**k knows what hes been doing during the lockdown that he had to get left out of the 1st game of football for months....more likely he was telt no to play incase he gets hurt and doesnt get the mega millions move 

4 minutes ago, Meeniedee said:

speaking of shankland i read elsewhere he didnt play against motherwell because he was being "rested" f**k knows what hes been doing during the lockdown that he had to get left out of the 1st game of football for months....more likely he was telt no to play incase he gets hurt and doesnt get the mega millions move 

Read a neighbour of his claiming on another website that the dabs had been back training for a week and he was nowhere to be seen. He’s maybe been on trial somewhere. 

7 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

Tbh I preferred McGhee in the defensive role in midfield the limited times he played there than Byrne. Very disappointed in him but he rarely played in the position he did for Livingston. 

Byrne is decent at turning the ball over, keeping it moving left to right and just stopping attacks with niggly fouls. He doesn't bring much else to the table and was, at times, afraid to take the ball on. 

I've never seen Fin shy away from the ball, he tries killer passes, he moves it well to retain possession - all the kid need to improve is imposing himself on the game. Break up play in positions it needs to be done. That will come with experience. Give him it. He's an exciting talent. 

3 minutes ago, This Charming Man said:

Are you still reading the Jim Spence column

It's humiliating looking in on his recent outputs trying his hardest to be loved by them again and getting nowhere. Truly embarrassing. 

1 minute ago, Yenitit said:

Read a neighbour of his claiming on another website that the dabs had been back training for a week and he was nowhere to be seen. He’s maybe been on trial somewhere. 

aye read that aswell and i know who the neighbour is...they'll be hawking him about like a cheap hooker in order to keep paying the bills.

3 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Byrne is decent at turning the ball over, keeping it moving left to right and just stopping attacks with niggly fouls. He doesn't bring much else to the table and was, at times, afraid to take the ball on. 

I've never seen Fin shy away from the ball, he tries killer passes, he moves it well to retain possession - all the kid need to improve is imposing himself on the game. Break up play in positions it needs to be done. That will come with experience. Give him it. He's an exciting talent. 

It's humiliating looking in on his recent outputs trying his hardest to be loved by them again and getting nowhere. Truly embarrassing. 

Regarding the but I’ve highlighted, he played in an attacking midfield role down  at Morton at the start of February after Morton got a player sent off and I’ve never saw a guy hide from the ball as much as him that day. He likes to throw his arms about looking for the ball but there’s either someone on him or a man directly between him and the ball. Wasn’t in the slightest pleased our manager done nothing about it that day 😡

8 minutes ago, Meeniedee said:

aye read that aswell and i know who the neighbour is...they'll be hawking him about like a cheap hooker in order to keep paying the bills.

I thought that was Ginger Spence’s sole purpose in life.  

Jim ‘Bracing Themselves’ Spence. 

The hypocrisy of football fans never ceases to amaze me.

Seen a few so-called fans saying to the two (and then the one) to GTF.

If the roles were reversed these wankers would be the first to complain.

We are not talking about players on EPL or English Championship wages - many of them will be on a wage that is not much more than someone in a trade in Dundee - for a job that has a much shorrter life span.

It is dead easy to say they should accept a pay cut when you are not the person having to face that pay cut.

I reckon his neighbour is spot on, other than the fact that Shankland has been regularly photographed by United at training (I won’t post these images and poison the Dundee thread with pictures of his forehead).