All things Dundee FC

Dundee fans continue to support a club who are, once again, getting caught out over their financial doping (cheating).

Until the fans stop allowing their club to sign players for contracts they cannot afford then it is probably going to continue with this cycle for another 20 years.

Sad to see.

1 hour ago, Meeniedee said:

i might be wrong but im lead to believe that we topped up their 80% wages so everybody still got paid the full amount......for all i know  we've stopped that...

Which is mental if three months later you cant afford to retain staff. I guess top ups were initially done in the expectation you had pandemic insurance cover though. I bet they long since stopped topping it up. If they havent they should have.

Itzdrk is right to query what the rush is too given the JRS is still covering wages in full or near full till end August. Two possible reasons for that, both alluded to by posters earlier in the thread:

1 - At the moment the suspension of football at this levdl allows for suspension under clause 12 and possibly for cancellation. But as @craigkillie suggested, that suspension will be lifted within the nect 2 or 3 weeks probably so the window for enacting this is closing.

2 - I would imagine most Dundee first team regulars are earning more than maximum furlough payments so if they have even been paying 80% its probably well over what is refunded. 

Either way, whatever is happening its not great for Dundee. The insurance payout might solve all this but I imagine even if you too get it you will wait for months.

2 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

Dundee fans continue to support a club who are, once again, getting caught out over their financial doping (cheating).

Until the fans stop allowing their club to sign players for contracts they cannot afford then it is probably going to continue with this cycle for another 20 years.

Sad to see.

you're right we should have put a global pandemic clause into our players contracts...fucking clown.

3 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

Sad to see.

That bait is no better than your first attempt.

2 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Which is mental if three months later you cant afford to retain staff. I guess top ups were initially done in the expectation you had pandemic insurance cover though. I bet they long since stopped topping it up. If they havent they should have.

Itzdrk is right to query what the rush is too given the JRS is still covering wages in full or near full till end August. Two possible reasons for that, both alluded to by posters earlier in the thread:

1 - At the moment the suspension of football at this levdl allows for suspension under clause 12 and possibly for cancellation. But as @craigkillie suggested, that suspension will be lifted within the nect 2 or 3 weeks probably so the window for enacting this is closing.

2 - I would imagine most Dundee first team regulars are earning more than maximum furlough payments so if they have even been paying 80% its probably well over what is refunded. 

Either way, whatever is happening its not great for Dundee. The insurance payout might solve all this but I imagine even if you too get it you will wait for months.

The insurance companies are pretty much guaranteed to appeal the decision of the test case if they lose which is due at the end of July. 

Nelms has said that even if the decision goes our way - we won't see a penny until nearer January. 

48 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Yeah, it's me that's coming across as thick here, sure it is.

"I said calling anyone who has a bit of realism about them a boo boy was embarrassing not supporting the team. However supporting the team and players no matter how drivel they are is indeed embarrassing". 

How to contradict yourself in two sentences.

Brown is a fuckin walloper and I could never support him. I was always under the impression that McPake's first season was about consolidation and wasn't expecting much from last season, although I think we would of had a decent shot at the play offs when the league was cut short.

Fair enough, that was a cheap shot about your friends not liking you. I apologise.

I am far from a 'happy clapper' however I do believe I am more of a realist than you. 

You were the one moaning about the views on this forum, I was pointing out that there are other options for you.

I guess we just disagree about how things are run.

I wasn't complaining about the forum , I was complaining about dundee fans with that view. To which you quoted me and said my opinion was nonsense. I didn't say it directed to anyone on here, but you came charging like a bull in a china shop. Maybe you should have a word with yourself.

I can't see what's hard to understand about you labelling anyone being negative as a boo-boy being embarrassing. That's what you done. Then rattled on about supporting the team, which I turn up and have done for many a year. Positivity doesn't correlate to the level of supporter you are.

I never quote you or anyone for that matter much, however you and many others jumped on my comments ending in you telling me to f**k off from the forum. Make from that what you will.

You're allowed the opinion that Brown is a whalloper and could never be supported however I'm not allowed that opinion on others who you dont agree with. I'm finding it pretty hard to support McPake; a bang average centre back who has the managers job because he got a terrible injury.

Furthermore your impressionis wrong it's as simple as that. McPake wasn't aiming for the play offs, the board weren't, the players weren't. Simply some people on this forum thought that. Budgets decide where we should finish and not you. For this league, we spent massive and done nothing.

You having low standards for Dundee FC isn't being more of a realist, it's simply being able to accept the pish and pass it off as okay.

Thank you.

1 hour ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

You are one who doesn't go to the games yet has opinions. Thank you.

If you can't see why I made that thread then you're more thick than first thought.

I said calling anyone who has a bit of realism about them a boo boy was embarrassing not supporting the team. However supporting the team and players no matter how drivel they are is indeed embarrassing and fully accepting of whatever we're given.

Brown nearly kept us up and made a much better go at the league than McPake has so I can't see why you never supported him, although I presume it's the link to Rangers. Through supporting and following the team it allows me to formulate the views on the players, management and board and alot of it is negative at the moment - as it should be. Anyone who isn't happy with many of the players, the management and board are seeing it from my view, which I believe Is correct, of course. There are plenty.

'Mates probably don't like you'. Sounds like something out of primary school or maybe nursery.

I've not said everyone is minters on here; you don't seem to be taken it well about the group of fans I'm on about which suggests you are a 'happy clapper' and it's hit a nerve.

'f**k off' from this internet site if you don't like my view. Oh Dear, tragic.

Thank you.

I am perfectly free to post opinions on here whether you like it or not, you barely-literate simpleton. 

5 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

Called it 

380 days from 2nd July 2014 would be mid-July 2015.

So other than getting the date completely wrong, and us not being in administration, well done.

ETA: @RossBFaeDundee beat me to it. I'd actually forgotten this waste of bandwidth was sad-act Dindy's latest utterly pointless incarnation. 

Edited by Day of the Lords

2 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

I was only roughly 1500 days, and counting, wrong.

At least the other trolls speak with some level of intellect. You exist on here to be constantly wrong, and it's always funny. Keep it up mate.

2 minutes ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

Why the f**k do actual football supporters hope that other clubs than their own go into administration? Except for Sevco, of course.

As far as the Dundee news is concerned, I think it's a headline with nothing out of the ordinary, in present circumstances, in it.

Because John Nelms, single handedly jumped into bed with Peter Lawell, wrestled the title out of Rangers' hands and is planning on parading it at Celtic Park. This is of course, at the same time he relegated Hearts and tried to kill their club.