All things Dundee FC

12 hours ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Well said, we've got people on here who like to comment on how shite we are, when they don't go, home or away.

Thank you.

Far too many. These are probably the same people who say to give the likes of Hamilton and Moussa time.

If a player is substandard I don't expect him to be playing for my club. I couldn't give a shite if its negative or not.

Can you think of any other club who would've went into last season with Hamilton as our only Keeper after a pathetic season, or Moussa as our only striker the year before. We really are a joke when you think of things like that.

I want the best for this club and we're currently a fucking shambles. McPake will take us nowhere and why should he be allowed time when he shouldnt of been appointed in the first place. We're better than the championship if run correctly it's as simple as that. We're being shafted and some are happy to go along with it.

Thank you.

8 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

The articles specify that the clause to be enacted would allow the club to stop payments, is that not right?

Would need to find out what breach of contract they are committing , that resulted in them being suspended, 

D226B132-2A12-457B-BC70-C75283EBE15F.jpeg

Edited by Robbo63

8 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

Would need to find out what breach of contract they are committing , that resulted in them being suspended, 

They don’t need to commit a breach of contract.

The standard SPFL contract contains the (in)famous “clause 12” which allows clubs to suspend said contract if the SFA suspends football. 

Edited by The Master

10 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

Would need to find out what breach of contract they are committing 

It does not involve a breach in contract, the specific clause in each player's contracts that the club would be enacting would be as follows:

image.png.0340bd3ec31a572b7b481e85ee971ce9.png

Or, in the words of lauded businesswoman Anne Budge when Hearts did the same thing in March:

image.png.0b0370834f0cdace08198375c8449cb9.png

So if they don't agree, their salaries will be suspended. Shite, but this is where we are just now.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

4 minutes ago, The Master said:

The standard SPFL contract contains the (in)famous “clause 12” which allows clubs to suspend contracts if the SFA suspends football. 

That’s certainly an unprecedented circumstance, that’s why I have not come across it in my 35 years dealing with unions on disciplinary hearings and tribunal appeals 

in saying that if that is not in the small print in their contract , they would be able to take to a tribunal and most likely would have a strong case , but don’t think footballers at this level would jeopardise their future by going to tribunal 

Edited by Robbo63

Feel sorry for the players here, stuck between the literal rock and a hard place, don't know how severe the pay cuts are etc. 

Definitely not conductive for a happy dressing room, I am surprised it's came to this though because it seemed your season ticket sales had came right up. 

Not sure why this is the major headline news it appears to be. 

This is exactly what Hearts done back I  April. We've paid wages in full (topped up) and told players well in advance that we'd need to do this and at the start of June asked the players to take wage cuts.

Bizarrely it seems to be Hearts (And Rangers fans) that are fucking loving it on social media.

Eta: Paul McGowan mentioned this was likely to happen in his interview with Simon Ferry back in March (?)

Edited by Ludo*1

36 minutes ago, Meeniedee said:

i honestly dont see a problem with what the club are doing here..i'd rather do this than just continue to throw money in the black hole that is scottish futba.....one team in our toon is gonna get a big shock one of these days.

I'm don't think Dundee are doing anything wrong. Finances are down so wages sadly have to be as well. It's also mentioned that said reductions are temporary. It's not like Dundee are signing folk either.

34 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Aye, I'm just seeing that if players don't accept the pay cut that ila decision is needed on today they will be suspended.  

If they were on furlough there wouldn't be such a rush as they would still be free to the club until the end of the month when they start to pick up National Insurance Contributions so I am just presuming that they are off the scheme?

Wouldn't be surprised if the wage reduction was them no longer topping up furlough. Would fit in with the 'temporary' part of the reports.

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

Not sure why this is the major headline news it appears to be. 

This is exactly what Hearts done back I  April. We've paid wages in full (topped up) and told players well in advance that we'd need to do this and at the start of June asked the players to take wage cuts.

Bizarrely it seems to be Hearts (And Rangers fans) that are fucking loving it on social media.

You can't be surprised at Hearts fans loving it. Dundee haven't been this hated in Gorgie since 1986.

1 hour ago, ali_91 said:

Is there a gofundme set up? I don’t particularly like Dundee but don’t want to see any Scottish club go bust (except Hearts, Partick Thistle and St Mirren,) so would happily donate. 

They're not going to shag you ali.

Well apart from DeeBoy, Daydream and Girth, dirty dirty b*****ds. 

1 minute ago, DA Baracus said:

You can't be surprised at Hearts fans loving it. Dundee haven't been this hated in Gorgie since 1986.

More the fact that they done the exact same thing. Mind you, they haven't shown themselves to be the brightest since this all started.

12 minutes ago, The Master said:

The standard SPFL contract contains the (in)famous “clause 12” which allows clubs to suspend said contract if the SFA suspends football. 

Football at this level is going to be "unsuspended" by the SFA in a matter of weeks, if not sooner, so I'm not sure this is going to stand up.

15 minutes ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

If you can't see why I made that thread then you're more thick than first thought.

I said calling anyone who has a bit of realism about them a boo boy was embarrassing not supporting the team. However supporting the team and players no matter how drivel they are is indeed embarrassing and fully accepting of whatever we're given.

Brown nearly kept us up and made a much better go at the league than McPake has so I can't see why you never supported him, although I presume it's the link to Rangers. Through supporting and following the team it allows me to formulate the views on the players, management and board and alot of it is negative at the moment - as it should be. Anyone who isn't happy with many of the players, the management and board are seeing it from my view, which I believe Is correct, of course. There are plenty.

'Mates probably don't like you'. Sounds like something out of primary school or maybe nursery.

I've not said everyone is minters on here; you don't seem to be taken it well about the group of fans I'm on about which suggests you are a 'happy clapper' and it's hit a nerve.

'f**k off' from this internet site if you don't like my view. Oh Dear, tragic.

Thank you.

Yeah, it's me that's coming across as thick here, sure it is.

"I said calling anyone who has a bit of realism about them a boo boy was embarrassing not supporting the team. However supporting the team and players no matter how drivel they are is indeed embarrassing". 

How to contradict yourself in two sentences.

Brown is a fuckin walloper and I could never support him. I was always under the impression that McPake's first season was about consolidation and wasn't expecting much from last season, although I think we would of had a decent shot at the play offs when the league was cut short.

Fair enough, that was a cheap shot about your friends not liking you. I apologise.

I am far from a 'happy clapper' however I do believe I am more of a realist than you. 

You were the one moaning about the views on this forum, I was pointing out that there are other options for you.

I guess we just disagree about how things are run.

1 minute ago, johnnydun said:

Yeah, it's me that's coming across as thick here, sure it is.

"I said calling anyone who has a bit of realism about them a boo boy was embarrassing not supporting the team. However supporting the team and players no matter how drivel they are is indeed embarrassing". 

How to contradict yourself in two sentences.

Brown is a fuckin walloper and I could never support him. I was always under the impression that McPake's first season was about consolidation and wasn't expecting much from last season, although I think we would of had a decent shot at the play offs when the league was cut short.

Fair enough, that was a cheap shot about your friends not liking you. I apologise.

I am far from a 'happy clapper' however I do believe I am more of a realist than you. 

You were the one moaning about the views on this forum, I was pointing out that there are other options for you.

I guess we just disagree about how things are run.

Fair play to you Johnny for still engaging with the hypocritical roaster.

15 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

More the fact that they done the exact same thing. Mind you, they haven't shown themselves to be the brightest since this all started.

They're in crazy denial and are massive hypocrites.

Anything they do is great and fine and altruistic. Anything anyone else does who doesn't support them is the exact opposite.

Self interest is fine for them, but for anyone else it's dreadful and selfish and arrogant and blah blah.

Many of their fans seem to have genuinely convinced themselves that Hearts are good guys who actually care about Scottish football and anyone who opposes them is appallingly selfish and self centred.

13 minutes ago, Loemba90 said:

Hearts fans and Rangers fans are basically the same thing these days, hate filled bigots who blame their own f**k ups on anybody and everybody else.

It's them catholic lads with their pope and those foreigners with their mats and..... *Mumble*