All things Dundee FC

29 minutes ago, ali_91 said:

Is there a gofundme set up? I don’t particularly like Dundee but don’t want to see any Scottish club go bust (except Hearts, Partick Thistle and St Mirren,) so would happily donate. 

I know TDB has a donation page which directs all funds to the club if you're interested.

Oh yeah, there's this fundraiser too

https://www.gofundme.com/f/support-the-dee

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

42 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Why are your players off furlough? 

i might be wrong but im lead to believe that we topped up their 80% wages so everybody still got paid the full amount......for all i know  we've stopped that...

Good luck to the players who aren’t prepared to take the pay cut. If they don’t want to be here then so be it. If it’s a player who has leaked it to the press hopefully they leave. 

Edited to say that at least the club are being upfront and honest with us, trying to solve a horrendous situation and not pretending everything is rosey in the garden whilst Rome burns!

Edited by Yenitit

i honestly dont see a problem with what the club are doing here..i'd rather do this than just continue to throw money in the black hole that is scottish futba.....one team in our toon is gonna get a big shock one of these days.

Edited by Meeniedee

7 minutes ago, Meeniedee said:

i might be wrong but im lead to believe that we topped up their 80% wages so everybody still got paid the full amount......for all i know  we've stopped that...

Aye, I'm just seeing that if players don't accept the pay cut that ila decision is needed on today they will be suspended.  

If they were on furlough there wouldn't be such a rush as they would still be free to the club until the end of the month when they start to pick up National Insurance Contributions so I am just presuming that they are off the scheme?

1 minute ago, itzdrk said:

Aye, I'm just seeing that if players don't accept the pay cut that ila decision is needed on today they will be suspended.  

If they were on furlough there wouldn't be such a rush as they would still be free to the club until the end of the month when they start to pick up National Insurance Contributions so I am just presuming that they are off the scheme?

your guess is as good as mine mate.....who the f**k knows what goes on in boardrooms.

7 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

Good luck to the players who aren’t prepared to take the pay cut. If they don’t want to be here then so be it. If it’s a player who has leaked it to the press hopefully they leave. 

Edited to say that at least the club are being upfront and honest with us, trying to solve a horrendous situation and not pretending everything is rosey in the garden whilst Rome burns!

These players will be vilified for wanting their agreed wages to pay their mortgages just like Billy Dodds.

Edited by Sortmeout

Just now, Meeniedee said:

your guess is as good as mine mate.....who the f**k knows what goes on in boardrooms.

Aye a strange strange place within Scottish football :lol:

21 hours ago, Day of the Lords said:

😂

Aye, cool. 

You are one who doesn't go to the games yet has opinions. Thank you.

10 hours ago, johnnydun said:

So you already had the team relegated the same time you started the "The St Mirren, Livingston and Hamilton Relegation scrap" thread and made yourself look like an utter melt.

What's exactly embarrassing about supporting your team? As opposed to spending £24 on a ticket to moan the whole time about how shite we are? 

To say I put up with any old shite to show I'm a 'proper fan' is complete bullshit. Did I support McIntyre or Brown? Did I f**k. Did I will my team to win during the 90 mins? Yes I did.

Just because your mates (who probably don't like you) sit and tell you what you like to hear, doesn't make it the general consensus of all Dundee fans.

f**k off to Jambo's Kickback if you think we are all Minters on here, I'm sure they would agree with your point of view on how embarrassing it is to be associated with Dundee fc.

If you can't see why I made that thread then you're more thick than first thought.

I said calling anyone who has a bit of realism about them a boo boy was embarrassing not supporting the team. However supporting the team and players no matter how drivel they are is indeed embarrassing and fully accepting of whatever we're given.

Brown nearly kept us up and made a much better go at the league than McPake has so I can't see why you never supported him, although I presume it's the link to Rangers. Through supporting and following the team it allows me to formulate the views on the players, management and board and alot of it is negative at the moment - as it should be. Anyone who isn't happy with many of the players, the management and board are seeing it from my view, which I believe Is correct, of course. There are plenty.

'Mates probably don't like you'. Sounds like something out of primary school or maybe nursery.

I've not said everyone is minters on here; you don't seem to be taken it well about the group of fans I'm on about which suggests you are a 'happy clapper' and it's hit a nerve.

'f**k off' from this internet site if you don't like my view. Oh Dear, tragic.

Thank you.

2 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

For the record, I don't think anyone will say no to the cuts at the end of the day. The clause states the players not agreeing will in effect be 'suspended', which basically means either they take a pay cut, or they receive nothing but remain under contract. It's the same thing Hearts threatened earlier on. Maybe there's some grumbles which you would expect, but I'd imagine you'd rather get shot in the shoulder than shot in the heart.

Suspended yes , but unfortunately it would be suspension with pay I believe , in my line of business you can only suspend without pay for a disciplinary offence , which is not the case in this situation, don’t think footballers will be any different 

Edited by Robbo63

5 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

These players will be vilified for wanting their agreed wages to pay their mortgages just like Billy Dodds.

If more people had voted like Dodds for a few more pence in the pound the club would have went under.  That is totally different to the current situation.