All things Dundee FC

2 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

That's still horrendous IMO.

Top flight clubs are posting record numbers. Arbroath have raised almost £75,000 through fan efforts.

We're currently sitting at around 1000 ST's and £16,000 raised give or take so far.

I'm not going to defend the number but would I f**k be throwing £300 at something that doesn't start for 3 months without knowing if I'll even get in.

My feelings are well documented that it's only a game and I can take it or leave it. If folk out of work or on furlough or even in work don't see it as a worthwhile purchase, I'm certainly not going to ridicule them. If I went to every home game I still spend more  time per year going to the cinema and I'm not up for giving them £300. 

Fair play to anybody who does it, especially those who can't really afford it but do it out of blind love but again, fuckthat. It's not for me.

1 minute ago, Mr. Alli said:

I'm not going to defend the number but would I f**k be throwing £300 at something that doesn't start for 3 months without knowing if I'll even get in.

My feelings are well documented that it's only a game and I can take it or leave it. If folk out of work or on furlough or even in work don't see it as a worthwhile purchase, I'm certainly not going to ridicule them. If I went to every home game I still spend more  time per year going to the cinema and I'm not up for giving them £300. 

Fair play to anybody who does it, especially those who can't really afford it but do it out of blind love but again, fuckthat. It's not for me.

People that can't afford it - fair enough. Fair enough if it's not for you either.

It doesn't diminish how poor our efforts have been in comparison to other clubs around the country though. Particularly so when the club has detailed that it needs all the support it can get at the moment.

If the likes of Arbroath can raise that sort of figure - There's no reason why we can't either.

46 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

......If the likes of Arbroath can raise that sort of figure - There's no reason why we can't either.

I fully take your point but Arbroath have a manager and board that most if not all their supporters believe in.  They are playing some if their best, most entertaining football in many a year.  

Now compare that to where we are.

Nobody can fault the efforts Dundee fans have put in over the years to keep the club going.  At some point the well of goodwill runs dry.  I just hope we haven’t reached that stage yet.

49 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

It doesn't diminish how poor our efforts have been in comparison to other clubs around the country though. Particularly so when the club has detailed that it needs all the support it can get at the moment.

If the likes of Arbroath can raise that sort of figure - There's no reason why we can't either.

Absolutely, I agree. Looking at it it can certainly be classed as 'poor'. The club has said it needs all the help it can get, Jim a couple of doors down does too. Lifelong Dee, season ticket every year for about 40 years. I've never seen the club help him. It's just priorities for folk right now. 

If there's 1000 sold or 10,000 it really doesn't matter. There is far more going on in the world than keeping a multi millionaires toy above water. Yes there's emotional attachment for folk and if it dies people will be hurt but (again, for me) it's only a fucking club. I love it but it's immaterial in the grand scheme of things. 

Whether it doesn’t bother people one way or the other if the club survives we have to bare in mind how absolutely horrendous we have been on the park for 2 full seasons now. That’s what’s taken it’s toll on our season ticket sales. The season is still 3 months away for us and by then I’d imagine/hope the season ticket sales will be up around their usual number. 

I’ve bought my season ticket but I’m c**t sick fed up of shite managerial appointment after another and to be honest I’ve not missed the football 1 bit so far and that’s from someone who wasn’t at  a total of 5 games home and away last season. 

Edited by Yenitit

30 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Absolutely, I agree. Looking at it it can certainly be classed as 'poor'. The club has said it needs all the help it can get, Jim a couple of doors down does too. Lifelong Dee, season ticket every year for about 40 years. I've never seen the club help him. It's just priorities for folk right now. 

If there's 1000 sold or 10,000 it really doesn't matter. There is far more going on in the world than keeping a multi millionaires toy above water. Yes there's emotional attachment for folk and if it dies people will be hurt but (again, for me) it's only a fucking club. I love it but it's immaterial in the grand scheme of things. 

I disagree. It does matter. Does it matter in the grand scheme of things? No, you're absolutely right, but not many things can stand up to that. An emotional attachment for thousands of people doesn't mean it's just unimportant altogether though. Again, you're right, it shouldn't be anyone's priority number one, two or even three, but there is certainly more that can be done as so many clubs in Scotland are currently proving.

2 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

Whether it doesn’t bother people one way or the other if the club survives we have to bare in mind how absolutely horrendous we have been on the park for 2 full seasons now. That’s what’s taken it’s toll on our season ticket sales. The season is still 3 months away for us and by then I’d imagine/hope the season ticket sales will be up around their usual number. 

I’ve bought my season ticket but I’m c**t sick fed up of shite managerial appointment after another and to be honest I’ve not missed the football 1 but so far and that’s from someone who wasn’t at 5 game home and away last season. 

This is a valid point and can't really argue with any of it.  Sincerely hope you're right with the part I've emboldened.

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

This is a valid point and can't really argue with any of it.  Sincerely hope you're right with the part I've emboldened.

Yeah I think this is the biggest point.

Too many, if's, but's and maybe's. Will the fans be allowed back from the start? If not when? We are already 1 round of fixtures down, how many of them will be home games? Will I still have a job in October? 

It's just too risky buying a season book just now, with no certainties. 

Whether we are 'happy clappers' or 'doom merchants' we as Dee's have become a more cautious bunch over the years.

34 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Too many, if's, but's and maybe's. Will the fans be allowed back from the start? If not when? We are already 1 round of fixtures down, how many of them will be home games? Will I still have a job in October? 

Whether we are 'happy clappers' or 'doom merchants' we as Dee's have become a more cautious bunch over the years.

Since I have been born we have been ran by crooks.

This time round so far so good regarding owners. Since then we have been promoted and then back down again.

Football for many has become more expensive over the years. Was first time in 33 years I hadn't had a season ticket and this will be the same this year as the price for me i can spend it on far more important things. If I missed a few games it wouldn't be worth it even more so.

When we play shite dundee fans are horrific. Best time of my life as a dundee fan was with the bonettis.  Even though we fucked up mega in the end, I as a selfish c**t wouldn't change it.

Prices need reduced to get punters in. Pay within our means 

Going off the current topic and talking about something a bit different, is there any chance of an official club app for your phone? Something like the website, but gives you alerts when there is a new signing/announcement etc, advance notice of ticket sales, strip launches, sales in the club shop etc, maybe even a way to manage/renew your season ticket. No idea how much it costs to set these things up, but I'm sure there must be some kind of similar thing that can be used as a template? May even have a way of donating to the club - like one of those things where if you spend say, £18.50 in a shop, you can chose to spend £20 and the difference goes to the club.

I appreciate that it's probably not a priority just now, but it's these kind of things that help in the long run...

Arbroath- £220
Alloa-£225
Ayr-£130(half season ticket)
Dundee-(£340- can be paid in 4 instalments)
Dunfermline -(£250)
Morton-(£295)
Hearts-(tbc)
Inverness-(£208 or £246)
QoS-(£285)
Raith-(250 I think)

With prices like that it’s no wonder Arbroath are out selling us, there’s loads you can do with season tickets to entice people , 20% off club shop , 10% off food and drink bring a mate for half price...heaps you could do we just don’t all we do is you can pay In an installation although it’s still £340 quid no ifs buts or maybes

4 minutes ago, D TOTAL said:

Arbroath- £220
Alloa-£225
Ayr-£130(half season ticket)
Dundee-(£340- can be paid in 4 instalments)
Dunfermline -(£250)
Morton-(£295)
Hearts-(tbc)
Inverness-(£208 or £246)
QoS-(£285)
Raith-(250 I think)

With prices like that it’s no wonder Arbroath are out selling us, there’s loads you can do with season tickets to entice people , 20% off club shop , 10% off food and drink bring a mate for half price...heaps you could do we just don’t all we do is you can pay In an installation although it’s still £340 quid no ifs buts or maybes

Our season ticket is £255.

I think a factor may also be that we've been emptying our pockets for the club since the first Admin in 2003. Maybe Dundee fans have got a bit fed up of funding the f**k ups at boardroom level. I don't go to games these days, but I've always bought stuff out the club shop and donated during previous clusterfucks. Its hard to be arsed with it any more, especially when you have Nelms appointing diddy after fucking diddy as manager.