All things Dundee FC

Just now, The_Kincardine said:

If the ballot was rigged or not will be decided by the CoS - though I doubt we'll get a view on that tomorrow.

The reason we're not playing out the last 8 games of the season is, though, entirely down to Dundee's vote.

Nothing to do with all the other 'Yes' voting club though?

It won't be decided by the CoS, I doubt it will even come up. Mostly because it didn't happen and there is no evidence to prove that it did or it would have been in your own clubs 'dossier' of evidence, unless you have some enlightening evidence you wish to share?

Are there genuinely still folk who are unaware thay the government regulations in Scotland are different to those in England and other countries, with the relevant one in this case being that no top level sport is still not allowed and clubs have, just this week, only now been allowed to train? How have some folk missed that? That's the main reason why we couldn't finish the games up here whilst England could. Add in the financial reasons folk have said and I'm surprised that anyone doesn't know exactly why we could never have finished the season. 

Oh and Kincardine really is a sad, bitter little bag of shit who just lies and lies and lies. What does such a detestable cretin get out of such a tired, pathetic act?

3 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Are there genuinely still folk who are unaware thay the government regulations in Scotland are different to those in England and other countries, with the relevant one in this case being that no top level sport is still not allowed and clubs have, just this week, only now been allowed to train? How have some folk missed that? That's the main reason why we couldn't finish the games up here whilst England could. Add in the financial reasons folk have said and I'm surprised that anyone doesn't know exactly why we could never have finished the season. 

Oh and Kincardine really is a sad, bitter little bag of shit who just lies and lies and lies. What does such a detestable cretin get out of such a tired, pathetic act?

Looks like you’re unaware that training for top flight teams resumed  on June 11th 😃 

Full contact training started either yesterday or Monday for those clubs to have 5 weeks contact training before their season kicks off. 

At the end of the day the 8 games or so these teams had left could’ve easily been fitted in for those sides. No big deal if the traditional football calendar months are out of kilter for a couple of years. 

Dunfermline tho 😮

DFCSS have released a statement:

DFCSS/Dee4Life statement regarding Bob Hynd’s resignation and financial support for the Club  

Further to the article in the Evening Telegraph on the 30th June 2020 the DFCSS/Dee4Life Directors wish to confirm their extreme surprise and disappointment at the resignation of Bob Hynd and record their gratitude for his valued contribution to the Society and the important role he performed as a colleague and bridge between the Society and the Club over the years.

All Society Directors and Members are extremely passionate Dundee supporters and we want to help the club through these extraordinarily difficult times.

The recent press statement from the Club refers to the Society rejecting a request for financial assistance from the funds we currently hold. The fact of the matter is the Society rules, in common with other Supporters’ Trusts, do not encourage ‘no strings attached’ donations such as this and that is why the Society Directors decided they could not agree to the request as it stood.

In light of the perilous situation facing clubs across the country the Society Board is exploring other means by which it could provide the Club with funding at this time including the purchase of shares or an interest-free loan. Furthermore, given the fact this could account for a significant portion of the Society’s reserves, the Society Directors would wish to consult with the Members over any such proposal and provide them with a comprehensive set of facts to allow them to decide how their money is spent. Unfortunately, the discussions with the club were short-lived and these alternatives were not considered.

The press statement also referred to £38,000 being held by the Society and claimed that the money was raised using the Club’s intellectual property. The reality of the situation is that the Society had a legal agreement with the Club relating to its intellectual property which included a profit share arrangement which was fully adhered to. Since this agreement linked to DFCTV was brought to an end by the Club in 2015 the Society has committed around £25,000 to Club related causes so only a small proportion of the residual profit remains. The balance of the Society’s reserves consists of Members’ money raised through subscriptions, donations and a fundraising event.        

In spite of the situation a small group of Society Members and other supporters continue to work on a proposal to establish a ‘Monthly Donations Fund’ for all supporters to participate in, if they wish, that would put money directly into the Club. The Society is keen to help as much as possible with this initiative and has agreed to support an online platform for the Fund. 

Finally, everyone in the Society wants to help the Club as much as possible within the parameters of the Society’s rules and would welcome constructive dialogue with the Club over ways we can help out at this particularly challenging time.                    

They sent me this in an e-mail:

'In addition, I'm pleased to confirm that you'll shortly receive a

'questionnaire and information update request' from the Board and your
support in responding to the request for views and other information
will be greatly appreciated.'

Wonder what will come out of that.

McGhee now officially our new captain, with Gowser as vice captain. That's how I'd have done it too.

Anyone who does this gets my immense respect. McGhee is a Dee through and through now in my eyes.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

Growing to love McGhee. I'd have given it to McGowan personally, but more than happy with that.

I'm putting 2 + 2 together here and getting 7, but could be a sign that Dorrans is off?

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

Growing to love McGhee. I'd have given it to McGowan personally, but more than happy with that.

I'm putting 2 + 2 together here and getting 7, but could be a sign that Dorrans is off?

How? I've never got the sense that he wants to lead the team as captain. Surely when the armband bounced from player to player last season he'd have laid claim to it if he wanted it, and I'm sure Jazza would've given to him.

Just now, RossBFaeDundee said:

How? I've never got the sense that he wants to lead the team as captain. Surely when the armband bounced from player to player last season he'd have laid claim to it if he wanted it, and I'm sure Jazza would've given to him.

Fair point.

I'm just used to McCann & McIntyre giving the armband to Kenny Miller purely because of his experience.

That, and I'm absolutely paranoid about everything Dundee related right now.

As for Gowser, he's went on record saying the captaincy doesn't mean all that much to him, and I'm pretty sure he doesn't feel he can be the role model with his past indiscretions, though I may just be piecing things together there. I think VC is the perfect role for him, as it notes his leadership role while letting McGhee be the role model figure.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

5 hours ago, Yenitit said:

Looks like you’re unaware that training for top flight teams resumed  on June 11th 😃 

Full contact training started either yesterday or Monday for those clubs to have 5 weeks contact training before their season kicks off. 

At the end of the day the 8 games or so these teams had left could’ve easily been fitted in for those sides. No big deal if the traditional football calendar months are out of kilter for a couple of years. 

Dunfermline tho 😮

Top flight sides were only allowed to start full contact training on Monday.

Are you seriously suggesting that, after a 3 month lay off, you give players a few days of training and then batter them into 8 games in under 4 weeks, with no rest before you start the 20/21 season which is going to be compressed as shit anyway due to the Euros at the end?

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Top flight sides were only allowed to start full contact training on Monday.

Are you seriously suggesting that, after a 3 month lay off, you give players a few days of training and then batter them into 8 games in under 4 weeks, with no rest before you start the 20/21 season which is going to be compressed as shit anyway due to the Euros at the end?

Just f**k off aye

28 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

Just f**k off aye

Well it was an absolutely moronic suggestion you were making m8.

Well it was an absolutely moronic suggestion you were making m8.

You should ask your new manager what he thinks. He’s a class 1 moron.

It’s now theoretically possible the games could have been played, but that wasn’t known at the time.

Happy to hear some confirmation of the Monthly Donations Fund.

Yip. I’d be up for that. I could see £5k a month getting raised, or so. Not a fortune but it all helps.

Lots to look forward to. Us getting promoted, the DABS, Sainties or Hamilton getting relegated or, but less likely, RG getting his hole.

Edited because I managed to type a random ‘a’ in the message which gave it a slightly homophobic lilt. I’m sure you can work it out!