All things Dundee FC

12 hours ago, Lex said:

Do Dundee fans think they can challenge Hearts next season?

Definitely, people forget we were looking half decent just before the lockdown, defence and formation was sorted, and the team is more or less in place. Hearts on the other hand and ICT need to sign whole new teams.

That's the reason, because I didn't have an account I had to do it by phone, and they set up an account at the same time.

Yeah I got the seat map but it won't let me pick my seat. Maybe you can't renew online unless you already have an account.

4 minutes ago, Ylf said:

be st mirren surely offering gowser a deal?

Maybe St Johnstone again. Been long time fans and Davidson been on about how he wants experience.

50 minutes ago, jakedee said:

That's the reason, because I didn't have an account I had to do it by phone, and they set up an account at the same time.

Cheers I'll phone them next week. I had an account on the old system but my experience of buying tickets on line with Dundee has it's always been a shambles.

If we are to make any signings this summer:

Tomas Cerny has been released by Aberdeen. SIGN. HIM. NOW.

And Iain Vigurs has also been released. Another I'd snap right up.

Two players I didn't think would become available this summer.

ETA: Maybe Cerny hasn't been released. Read the Dunfermline thread suggesting he has but can't see it anywhere.

Edited by Ludo*1

8 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

And Iain Vigurs has also been released. Another I'd snap right up.

Has he? Kettlewell was saying recently he expects him to be at County next season and he was meant to have signed an extended deal only a couple of weeks ago.

1 minute ago, RiG said:

Has he? Kettlewell was saying recently he expects him to be at County next season and he was meant to have signed an extended deal only a couple of weeks ago.

Dunfermline fans, man.

On 26/06/2020 at 14:10, DAFC. said:

Blair Alston, Stephen McGinn, Steven Lawless and Iain Vigurs all released. Would take any one of them to do a job. 

I see Cerny at Aberdeen has also been released. Him, Fon-Williams and MacDonald are 3 ideal candidates for the number 1 spot. Fon-Williams probably the most realistic given his time spent at the club. 

Explain yourself.

10 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Dunfermline fans, man.

His two year deal was due to end but this suggests Kettlewell wants him there next season and some County fans on Twitter are saying the same paper says he has signed a new deal (though I can't find that online yet). Might be buried in one of the other stories on the site I guess. ETA:

Edited by RiG

Someone on TDB forum posted the that we are hoping to get Hazard back but it depends on the whole Forster/Gordon situation unfolding as they want 3 keepers, we're in advanced talks with a striker (Please don't be Murray) and that a top flight club is close to signing one of our midfielders that aren't Dorrans or McGowan.
Let's hope it's either Ness or Byrne then. And let's hope he starts Robertson every week next season

Interview with Gary Harkinns in The Herald.

https://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/18544195.jester-genius-maverick-maestro-gary-harkins-reflects-career-less-ordinary/

“Jackie McNamara and Simon Donnelly tried to sign me for Dundee United when I was leaving Dundee one year and if it had been any other club in Scotland I would have signed for them,” he admitted.

“But because I had that affinity with Dundee, I didn’t want to tarnish that. I was thinking that in the years to come if I go into coaching or management or anything like that then Dundee would be a really good place for me to do that, so I didn’t want to tarnish that.

“I still get pelters from Simon Donnelly for it now. He’s always telling me that if I’d gone there I would have got a Scotland cap but he’ll no hear any reasoning. He just calls me a big s****bag!”

GGH :wub:

2 hours ago, eindhovendee said:

Interview with Gary Harkinns in The Herald.

https://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/18544195.jester-genius-maverick-maestro-gary-harkins-reflects-career-less-ordinary/

“Jackie McNamara and Simon Donnelly tried to sign me for Dundee United when I was leaving Dundee one year and if it had been any other club in Scotland I would have signed for them,” he admitted.

“But because I had that affinity with Dundee, I didn’t want to tarnish that. I was thinking that in the years to come if I go into coaching or management or anything like that then Dundee would be a really good place for me to do that, so I didn’t want to tarnish that.

“I still get pelters from Simon Donnelly for it now. He’s always telling me that if I’d gone there I would have got a Scotland cap but he’ll no hear any reasoning. He just calls me a big s****bag!”

GGH :wub:

This might even get him into my DFC a-z team now. 

What a legend. 

Surprised to see so few of you on the United thread, seeing as they're apparently on the verge of hiring Malky Mackay.