All things Dundee FC

Today’s statement answers that question. Dundee are desperate for the money Hearts can bring. Statement makes for really grim reading. Hope you guys make it out the other side. 

Imagine how fucked the clubs are with no pandemic insurance? Did Falkirk have it?

2 hours ago, ScottyG said:

Just popped in from the seaside league to enjoy a bit of schadenfreude at the expense of all you smug Dundee fans who were so sure that you were financially sound due to having such a wonderful insurance policy! 🤐

All the best with your '.court case'.

Judge Rinder reveals his most memorable case - it involves a ...

14 hours ago, Fifespud said:

Imagine how fucked the clubs are with no pandemic insurance? Did Falkirk have it?

I would imagine most clubs will have as most business will have!  The problem (With our business insurance anyway) is as usual is in the small print they are arguing about COVID19 not being a recognised virus when most of these type of insurance were issued! We have been advised of this will take years of claim and counter claim before any money will be paid out, to late for many business who will not be here  even if they get a result so i think this is why we are seeing many teams now coming out with these type of re planning financials now .

As an aside we have been advised by our Scammer   insurance broker that any pay out  we might receive will be  on the understanding we then pay back  any moneys we have received from the government coffers . Furloughed payments! start up grants etc etc. So i can see a deal being made already with politicians and these insurance groups !

Surprisingly new insurance being offered just now or renewals are not including this type cover at the minute i believe! 

9 minutes ago, Center half said:

I would imagine most clubs will have as most business will have!  The problem (With our business insurance anyway) is as usual is in the small print they are arguing about COVID19 not being a recognised virus when most of these type of insurance were issued! We have been advised of this will take years of claim and counter claim before any money will be paid out, to late for many business who will not be here  even if they get a result so i think this is why we are seeing many teams now coming out with these type of re planning financials now .

As an aside we have been advised by our Scammer   insurance broker that any pay out  we might receive will be  on the understanding we then pay back  any moneys we have received from the government coffers . Furloughed payments! start up grants etc etc. So i can see a deal being made already with politicians and these insurance groups !

Surprisingly new insurance being offered just now or renewals are not including this type cover at the minute i believe! 

3 paragraphs of made up nonsense. You should have just used your RandomGuy. account.

15 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

3 paragraphs of made up nonsense. You should have just used your RandomGuy. account.

Tbf hes not wrong. AFC Wimbledon claimed they had insurance, but have now had to go to court as their insurance company are claiming it only covers "known human viruses", and Covid wasnt under that banner when the insurance was taken out.

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/efl-clubs-financial-ruin-insurance-companies-coronavirus-a4389596.html

“We found out yesterday, as did a lot of clubs I think, from our insurers that we won’t be covered,” said Palmer.

“I find it a little bit ridiculous that they have a clause in the contract that basically states that it would only ever payout with regards to a known virus, which is quite ironic given that it would only ever be an unknown virus that would shut the League down.

“It is slightly ironic in that sense. However, my argument is also that this Covid-19 is actually a strain of SARS, so in fact you might be able to argue it is a known virus.”

I've obviously zero idea if your insurance is similar to theirs (and Leyton Orients).

Edited by RandomGuy.

Aye, because no club in Scotland is suffering right now other than Dundee you pair of melts. [emoji38]
Best ignored. The Glenrothes boy has had us living rent free in his head for years and Old Pack is a bootlicking, racist old lech. Interesting to hear from our Falkirk contributor though. Are they still fucking about in the third tier? [emoji23]

Best ignored. The Glenrothes boy has had us living rent free in his head for years and Old Pack is a bootlicking, racist old lech. Interesting to hear from our Falkirk contributor though. Are they still fucking about in the third tier? [emoji23]

Agreed. Interesting times ahead. I’ve not been keeping totally abreast of events but are Hearts and Thistle sueing the Dayglos?

Any news on our own manager and his future? Regardless of whether you think he did a good job or not, it's hard to see the board not extending his contract which expired in May. Anyone heard anything? Doesn't seem to be any news on it

Just now, LM_0803 said:

Any news on our own manager and his future? Regardless of whether you think he did a good job or not, it's hard to see the board not extending his contract which expired in May. Anyone heard anything? Doesn't seem to be any news on it

Rolling contract.

On 20/06/2020 at 12:18, Mr. Alli said:

Unfortunately Mr Alli i wish your reply was of some comfort to all of us in this predicament! however as you may still relax in your Furloughed state of mind i will excuse your ignorance of the facts!  

1 minute ago, Center half said:

Unfortunately Mr Alli i wish your reply was of some comfort to all of us in this predicament! however as you may still relax in your Furloughed state of mind i will excuse your ignorance of the facts!  

Another paragraph of made up nonsense. 

13 minutes ago, D TOTAL said:

Ethan Robson released from Sunderland would we have him back? Jack Baldwin too

I always thought Mike Baldwin's son was just a fan. Never realised he played, looked good in the strip on Big Brother. 

As for Robson, I'd take him. Probably have to cut ties with Ness for it to happen though.