All things Dundee FC

9 hours ago, Caley Shaun said:

Damn typo and predicted text 🤣🤣🤣🤣

My point still stands though, but then again, nobody intelligent comes from Dundee :-P. 

Your point that is factually incorrect? 

You have had a minter here, I am embarrassed for you.

Are you guys really that thick! 
We are as good, if not better than you lot (as we proved last season by not losing a single game against you!) plus we have a decent enough squad. 
Robertson will likely leave but he's easily replaced, and we will still be successful! 

Stupid Dundee twats!! 

Robertson is so underrated by you lot, he’s hardly easily replaced he’s got you over achieving since he came in

Well, since Cockwomble has been successfully bribed and reconstruction is being thrust upon all teams, I'm curious what my fellow Dees would respond with to the SPFL email asking what it would take to pry a Yes vote from us.

Not that it matters, reconstruction will happen whether we want it or not.

1 hour ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Well, since Cockwomble has been successfully bribed and reconstruction is being thrust upon all teams, I'm curious what my fellow Dees would respond with to the SPFL email asking what it would take to pry a Yes vote from us.

Hearts go down as they should and we go up with Utd and ICT.

Not coz I think we deserve it but would be great for the whining from the Hearts fans and to test whether the 'no strings' money really didn't have anything to do with Hearts staying up...

Edited by locheedee

1 hour ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

If Hearts get to stay where they are and ICT go up with United it should, in theory, leave us a better chance of going straight at the end of next season. If Hearts are in the Championship next season I'd expect them to go up.

We also seem to be financially better off than some of the teams in the Championship in terms of pandemic insurance and wealthy guys in charge so I hope we are not pushing to try and go up if there is reconstruction. I suspect that it may do ICT more harm than good, remember how we difficult it was for us when Rangers died and we were Club 12.

So it would be a yes from me. 

We should vote by fax next time, three days after everyone else has voted and at the the third attempt. 

2 minutes ago, eindhovendee said:

If Hearts get to stay where they are and ICT go up with United it should, in theory, leave us a better chance of going straight at the end of next season. If Hearts are in the Championship next season I'd expect them to go up.

We also seem to be financially better off than some of the teams in the Championship in terms of pandemic insurance and wealthy guys in charge so I hope we are not pushing to try and go up if there is reconstruction. I suspect that it may do ICT more harm than good, remember how we difficult it was for us when Rangers died and we were Club 12.

So it would be a yes from me. 

We should vote by fax next time, three days after everyone else has voted and at the the third attempt. 

The concern now is, will the Championship go ahead?

I just don’t understand how ICT get promoted if there is a 14 team top league. They’re in a play off spot like us and whoever the other no marks are. Should be a coin toss between 3rd and 4th with the winners tossing off (fnnaar) against those highland clowns.

38 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

With that clown Doncaster in charge i wouldn't even be slightly surprised if it doesn't. Im honestly just waiting on the announcement of just the top flight to go ahead.. I've no doubt now that this reconstruction will definitely go through and Doncaster won't care about the championship, league 1 and 2 once reconstruction is confirmed.. Hope I'm wrong obviously but it wouldn't surprise me. 

20 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Assuming the rest of the teams in the Championship can play then they would need to add two teams, I am guessing that Raith and falkirk would be happy to join in.

There has to be some sort of advantage in getting the rest of the Championship teams to agree to reconstruction otherwise there is no point in them voting for it, Is £50k each enough?

Is that money significant enough to Morton or Dunfermline for example, taking Hearts and ICT out of the league, bringing Raith and Falkirk in but possibly having 3 teams come down from the Premiership next year with one going up?

Depending on when fans can get back in some teams in the lower leagues may want to go into abeyance rather than commit to playing a full league season, suppose it depends on the benefactors they have but for the bottom league I would have thought the new money would be enough to make a big difference.

I get what you are saying about play off positions @Fifespud but if teams are being are winning leagues because of their present position then we are fucked.

1 hour ago, eindhovendee said:

Assuming the rest of the teams in the Championship can play then they would need to add two teams, I am guessing that Raith and falkirk would be happy to join in.

There has to be some sort of advantage in getting the rest of the Championship teams to agree to reconstruction otherwise there is no point in them voting for it, Is £50k each enough?

1 hour ago, wearedarkblue87 said:

With that clown Doncaster in charge i wouldn't even be slightly surprised if it doesn't. Im honestly just waiting on the announcement of just the top flight to go ahead.. I've no doubt now that this reconstruction will definitely go through and Doncaster won't care about the championship, league 1 and 2 once reconstruction is confirmed.. Hope I'm wrong obviously but it wouldn't surprise me. 

Yeah, the problem is if they accept reconstruction, 2 clubs who would be imo willing to play behind closed doors would be leaving us and it all depends on if Falkirk and Partick Thistle would be willing to play. I think it would all come down to how many players each club has contracted at the proposed start of the season. The more players they have, the more chance they will want to play.

8 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Yeah, the problem is if they accept reconstruction, 2 clubs who would be imo willing to play behind closed doors would be leaving us and it all depends on if Falkirk and Partick Thistle would be willing to play. I think it would all come down to how many players each club has contracted at the proposed start of the season. The more players they have, the more chance they will want to play.

Falkirk and Partick will definitely want to play, especially in the second tier if reconstruction happens. It's the Dumbartons, Forfars and Montroses (I assume of course) that could make things difficult with their situations.

Sorry Jazza, but if reconstruction goes through and our biggest title rivals are Ayr Utd and a potentially weakened Dunfermline (or maybe even Arbroath or Morten), then he needs to go if we don't win the league.

49 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Falkirk and Partick will definitely want to play, especially in the second tier if reconstruction happens. It's the Dumbartons, Forfars and Montroses (I assume of course) that could make things difficult with their situations.

Sorry Jazza, but if reconstruction goes through and our biggest title rivals are Ayr Utd and a potentially weakened Dunfermline (or maybe even Arbroath or Morten), then he needs to go if we don't win the league.

I don't want to sound harsh on the Dumbartons, Forfars or Montroses but it doesn't make a difference to us if they play or not. It's Queen of the South, Alloa, Morten etc.. we need to get on board to play.

Guest Wieghortsnut
45 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Is Internet readily available to stream games up in Inverness? 

I only ask as their topic is hardly ever used and this could quite easily be a stumbling block for them, IMO. 

Well they way behind in terms of internet, wifi, broadband and these crazy technological advances