All things Dundee FC

5 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

I think that's a bit of an odd thing to read into it. Field came in at the last minute because we didn't have any fit fullbacks. McPake played McDaid at WB because Field had literally just arrived at the club having played no football, probably unfit, not having trained. McDaid was surprisingly effective and we went on a bit of a run, so it's understandable why Field never got a game.

I don't see how the lack of praise for a player who never got a chance to actually play equates to a slating. If the guy clearly wasn't up to it, I think that says more about the people who went ahead and  brought him to the club anyway than it does about the player himself, but I think that's unlikely because everything I read about him was largely positive and effusive.

I disagree. I think saying you'd love to sign up the players that are out of contract then name checking 2 of the 3 players that are in that boat is a clear indication of one's future plans. He provided cover for a position that needed cover and whilst he never got on the pitch much, that doesn't necessarily mean he was a bad signing. Cheap punt for emergencies only always get classed as a poor signing, but are often needed in a squad. I never said he slated him, I said McPake was savage towards him meaning his chances of being kept on were heavily implied to be zero.

Think you've read more into my comment than what I read into McPake's!

3 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Going back to the Dundee insurance point - I'm more than likely reading far too much into it, but stuff like this still instills a wee bit of panic:

Why? 

It's already been said by someone at the club that if people don't take refunds, then that'll effect the claim and money due from the insurance. The only worrying thing is the fact that (I assume) telling people "take your refund and if you want, donate it back to the club" could be construed as some form of insurance fraud. 

8 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Why? 

It's already been said by someone at the club that if people don't take refunds, then that'll effect the claim and money due from the insurance. The only worrying thing is the fact that (I assume) telling people "take your refund and if you want, donate it back to the club" could be construed as some form of insurance fraud. 

More the fact that the club are still in talks with the insurance company and as such clearly haven't been cleared to approve refunds is what worries me.

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

More the fact that the club are still in talks with the insurance company and as such clearly haven't been cleared to approve refunds is what worries me.

The club will have to remain in talks with the insurance company as nothing has changed - it's still an ongoing claim. 

If the club start throwing money about then the insurance company, like every other one in every walk of life will just go "Hold on a minute, let's score that off from the claim". The club being patient (and those due refunds) is not a bad thing here. There is nothing to worry about. 

29 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

The club will have to remain in talks with the insurance company as nothing has changed - it's still an ongoing claim. 

If the club start throwing money about then the insurance company, like every other one in every walk of life will just go "Hold on a minute, let's score that off from the claim". The club being patient (and those due refunds) is not a bad thing here. There is nothing to worry about. 

Hope you're right. Your post certainly eases my fears at least.

13 minutes ago, Miko’s Dive said:

Yes, his 1 goal in 7 games against us will have us in the 1st Division in no time. 🤣

The goals don't have to be against you. 

Like when Celtic took 3 points from St Mirren in 1986, that helped to stop you winning a league.

2 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

The goals don't have to be against you. 

Like when Celtic took 3 points from St Mirren in 1986, that helped to stop you winning a league.

True. 

I would hope Championship players are more professional than to lie down to their opponents though 👍🏻

50 minutes ago, Miko’s Dive said:

True. 

I would hope Championship players are more professional than to lie down to their opponents though 👍🏻

I’d ask Greenock Morten about their recent history of the above.

Thank you.

9 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

I’d imagine the staff involved in the ticket office are furloughed just now. 

12 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

I disagree. I think saying you'd love to sign up the players that are out of contract then name checking 2 of the 3 players that are in that boat is a clear indication of one's future plans. He provided cover for a position that needed cover and whilst he never got on the pitch much, that doesn't necessarily mean he was a bad signing. Cheap punt for emergencies only always get classed as a poor signing, but are often needed in a squad. I never said he slated him, I said McPake was savage towards him meaning his chances of being kept on were heavily implied to be zero.

Think you've read more into my comment than what I read into McPake's!

Field was only on loan. 

33 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

I’d imagine the staff involved in the ticket office are furloughed just now. 

Not so sure. Strips etc are collectable, I don't know about St's though. 

Edited by Mr. Alli

51 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

Field was only on loan. 

35 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

No he isn't, he signed for us on a full contract.

^^ What he said.

2 minutes ago, Spikethedee said:

Dunfermline releasing 17 players and furloughing the rest to cut costs; a few people on twitter already suggesting that this might be a good time to get Nisbet???

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52768290

They turned down a 500k bid from United in January. There will be other clubs on the hunt for him that'll be more appealing. He'll end up down South or in the top flight.