All things Dundee FC

4 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Obviously that applies to youth players which is great, but I'd have hoped that McGowan would have had his contract extended for a year regardless.

I'm sure he will, it's just that Christie had that clause in his contract they could simply trigger, whereas I'd assume they'd have to write one up for Gowser, and the current situation with furloughs probably makes it tough to do that. I'm certain he'll have his contract extended though.

Goalkeepers

#1: Jack Hamilton (26) - May 2021

#12: Calum Ferrie (21) - May 2021

Defenders

#2: Cammy Kerr (24) - May 2021

#3: Jordan McGhee (23) - May 2021

#5: Jordon Forster (26) - May 2021 (Option of a further year)

#6: Josh Meekings (27) - June 2020

#16: Christie Elliott (29) - May 2021

#17: Tom Field (23) - June 2020

#23: Jordan Marshall (23) - May 2021

Midfielders

#4: Jamie Ness (29) - May 2021 (Option of a further year)

#8: Shaun Byrne (26) - May 2022 (Option of further year)

#10: Paul McGowan (32) - June 2020

#11: Declan McDaid (24) - May 2021

#14: Graham Dorrans (33) - May 2021

#19: Finlay Robertson (17) - May 2021

Strikers

#9: Andrew Nelson (22) - May 2021

#28: Kane Hemmings (29) May 2022

Manager

James McPake (35) - Rolling Contract.

Ages as at 1/6/20.

State of play with our squad. Not included youth that aren't playing regularly such as Callum Moore, Max Anderson or Lyall Cameron all of whom have another year on their deal.

Edited by Ludo*1

Priority Number One after sorting out the short-term contracts for the players who are due to finish in June should be getting Robertson on a 3-5 year deal.

Otherwise we’ll sell him to R*ng*rs for 50p.

1 hour ago, Girth said:

Otherwise we’ll sell him to R*ng*rs for 50p.

Sickening the amount of players these scum have robbed off us over the years. At least with the other half of the arse cheek, you usually get a decent fee.

Thank you.

2 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Goalkeepers

#1: Jack Hamilton (26) - May 2021

#12: Calum Ferrie (21) - May 2021

Defenders

#2: Cammy Kerr (24) - May 2021

#3: Jordan McGhee (23) - May 2021

#5: Jordon Forster (26) - May 2021 (Option of a further year)

#6: Josh Meekings (27) - June 2020

#16: Christie Elliott (29) - May 2021

#17: Tom Field (23) - June 2020

#23: Jordan Marshall (23) - May 2021

Midfielders

#4: Jamie Ness (29) - May 2021 (Option of a further year)

#8: Shaun Byrne (26) - May 2022 (Option of further year)

#10: Paul McGowan (32) - June 2020

#11: Declan McDaid (24) - May 2021

#14: Graham Dorrans (33) - May 2021

#19: Finlay Robertson (17) - May 2021

Strikers

#9: Andrew Nelson (22) - May 2021

#28: Kane Hemmings (29) May 2022

Manager

James McPake (35) - Rolling Contract.

Ages as at 1/6/20.

State of play with our squad. Not included youth that aren't playing regularly such as Callum Moore, Max Anderson or Lyall Cameron all of whom have another year on their deal.

You can have Kamberi on loan providing his goals will keep Hearts down. 

McPake just stopped short of saying, 'No DABs at Dens' in this morning's edition of The Courier.

'He was a name that was put to us (Danny Swanson) and a player obviously that Dave Mackay knows very well, but at the minute, he's not one we're pursuing. Any name put to us, we look into but it never got anywhere. I wish him well wherever he ends up but it won't be at Dens.'

He's also absolutely savage about Tom Field. He's saying that the club knows how to treat people and that he doesn't expect anything less from Nelms & Keyes then goes onto say that if things were normal they'd all be handed new contracts. He then speaks about McGowan & Meekings and goes, 'Speaking about those two, absolutely delighted to keep them on'. With zero mention of Field, the only other out of contract senior player.

Edited by Ludo*1

Just now, Boo Khaki said:

Where are you seeing this?

I think he means how McPake doesn't say a word about Field, whilst talking up the other players out of contract. Tbf, it's pretty clear he isn't going to be here much longer, whereas Gowser and Meeks likely will be.

Glad we can clear away any talk of Swanson. With a possible set date on training starting (June 10th), pre-season beginning (early August) and a possible start for league play (mid September), hopefully we'll soon be able to get regular transfer news.

Just now, Mr. Alli said:

Hopefully these boys don't take it too hard and continue with it - at whatever level. 

Im guessing this will be down to cost cutting. The one i know was on loan at ( kirrie i think) so he got decent experience their and was one of the younger lads so hopefully he gets kept on. 

Going back to the Dundee insurance point - I'm more than likely reading far too much into it, but stuff like this still instills a wee bit of panic:

10 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

I think he means how McPake doesn't say a word about Field, whilst talking up the other players out of contract. Tbf, it's pretty clear he isn't going to be here much longer, whereas Gowser and Meeks likely will be.

Glad we can clear away any talk of Swanson. With a possible set date on training starting (June 10th), pre-season beginning (early August) and a possible start for league play (mid September), hopefully we'll soon be able to get regular transfer news.

I think that's a bit of an odd thing to read into it. Field came in at the last minute because we didn't have any fit fullbacks. McPake played McDaid at WB because Field had literally just arrived at the club having played no football, probably unfit, not having trained. McDaid was surprisingly effective and we went on a bit of a run, so it's understandable why Field never got a game.

I don't see how the lack of praise for a player who never got a chance to actually play equates to a slating. If the guy clearly wasn't up to it, I think that says more about the people who went ahead and  brought him to the club anyway than it does about the player himself, but I think that's unlikely because everything I read about him was largely positive and effusive.

Edited by Boo Khaki