All things Dundee FC

2 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Understand that, just throwing things at the wall over here. Are there any other potential targets for the GK role that should be considered?

There's not a single keeper I've heard about that's free that I'd actively want. Jamie MacDonald is potentially the best but he's one that's constantly glued to his line which I hate in keepers.

I see the Tele has us pathetically linked with Swanson, thoughts? (No, Randomguy, I am not intereted in your opinion).
Along with the 'No DABs at Dens' rule.
It's a no from me.

No DABS and no Perth cuntos either.

Stefan Scougall has been released. Seemed a very promising talent until he turned up to St Johnstone and flopped.

No Perth cuntos at Dens. Plus he’s a midget. David Robertson would have in tears in about 30 seconds.

Astonishing it's only Scottish based players or James McPake's former colleagues being generally quoted as targets. 

Jotters for the apparently ineffective Jimmy Nicholl, sign and install Charles Adam as player/assistant manager and also open the floodgates to his considerable professional knowledge of the English market and beyond.

Otherwise, let's continue sleepwalking from season to season and hope for the best.

Regards as always

1 hour ago, This Charming Man said:

Astonishing it's only Scottish based players or James McPake's former colleagues being generally quoted as targets. 

Jotters for the apparently ineffective Jimmy Nicholl, sign and install Charles Adam as player/assistant manager and also open the floodgates to his considerable professional knowledge of the English market and beyond.

Otherwise, let's continue sleepwalking from season to season and hope for the best.

Regards as always

Good shout, time for Nicholl to get the slippers on, and sit by the fireside. IMO.

As much as I'd love Charlie Adam in for the coming season, replacing the only man with experience in the dugout with someone that's not even got their full coaching badges (Last he got was the 8 day B license according to Google) would be a massive red flag for disaster.

ETA: Though I do agree with the sentiment of punting Nicholl IMO.

Edited by Speroni*1

If we are punting Nicholl the only man to take that job is Archie Knox, tbh. 

Edit : hitting send made me realise I have Archie's book from the library still.

f**k the coonsul libraries! 

Edited by Dele

27 minutes ago, Speroni*1 said:

As much as I'd love Charlie Adam in for the coming season, replacing the only man with experience in the dugout with someone that's not even got their full coaching badges (Last he got was the 8 day B license according to Google) would be a massive red flag for disaster.

ETA: Though I do agree with the sentiment of punting Nicholl IMO.

Silly me, Saturday evening and thinking with my serious business head on.

Of course Jim McIntyre is highly qualified so I'm led to believe and still available.......................................for eternity, funnily enough, lol.

Anyway, regards as always.

5 minutes ago, This Charming Man said:

Silly me, Saturday evening and thinking with my serious business head on.

Of course Jim McIntyre is highly qualified so I'm led to believe and still available.......................................for eternity, funnily enough, lol.

Anyway, regards as always.

Apologies, hard to tell someone is mucking about through the art of text! Some zoomer suggestions at times - half from myself.

He's not that much more qualified tbh. Don't think he's been anyone's assistant and has always been the 'main man'. ;)

Archie Knox is an absolute outstanding shout if we were to punt Nicholl.

Might interest some guys who never managed to make it along to the Whitehall. 

Disclaimer : Its gingy Broons and Gardiner's company so it is entirely possible it'll all just be about Rangers. 

9 hours ago, Dele said:

Disclaimer : Its gingy Broons and Gardiner's company so it is entirely possible it'll all just be about Rangers. 

I'd be stunned if the word 'Dundee' came up once tbh. Maybe they'll have 'former Celtic player' Barry Smith on hand?

2 hours ago, Boo Khaki said:

I'd be stunned if the word 'Dundee' came up once tbh. Maybe they'll have 'former Celtic player' Barry Smith on hand?

Smith quickly glossed over his distaste for the people running Dundee in his time as manager. So they'd need a another ex-Celt knowing them. Gary Irvine maybe?

17 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

@Ludo*1 What players are still under contract come August?

Easier to say the one's that are out of contract come the summer:

Tom Field
Christie Elliot
Josh Meekings
Paul McGowan

Of the loans - Hazard, Berra, Crankshaw & Mackie all have extra time at their clubs. Callachan's contract is expiring with St Johnstone.

6 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Smith quickly glossed over his distaste for the people running Dundee in his time as manager. So they'd need a another ex-Celt knowing them. Gary Irvine maybe?

Easier to say the one's that are out of contract come the summer:

Tom Field
Christie Elliot
Josh Meekings
Paul McGowan

Of the loans - Hazard, Berra, Crankshaw & Mackie all have extra time at their clubs. Callachan's contract is expiring with St Johnstone.

Thanks.

38 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Would be happy to keep all 3 (Punt Field) and sign Callachan.

I guess it all depends on how and when football starts again.

Would like to hope if it does start sooner rather than later, we could attempt to get Berra from Hearts too, being out of favour and with them having to release a few I would imagine.

5 minutes ago, harry94 said:

What has Jimmy Nicholl done wrong?

I can't definitively say what he's done right or wrong but I do get annoyed that when McPake is about to make a crazy substitution there is usually no consultation with Nicholl. (It tends to be McPake and Mackay having a conversation)

I also wasn't happy with his comments in his only interview since joining us when he said:

'I'm just here to help him out. In the end, the decisions are on him. I can listen to James if he wants, but he has to get his wings and away he goes. I'll sit back and let him do it'

Just not very inspiring IMO. I've not a clue what goes on behind the scenes so as I say can't definitively say he's done anything wrong and this may well be the way McPake likes it, but as a fan I feel frustrated that he isn't more hands on in the way other assistants appear to be particularly when McPake needs all the touchline guidance he can get as his subs tend to be his major downfall in games.

I can't definitively say what he's done right or wrong but I do get annoyed that when McPake is about to make a crazy substitution there is usually no consultation with Nicholl. (It tends to be McPake and Mackay having a conversation)
I also wasn't happy with his comments in his only interview since joining us when he said:
'I'm just here to help him out. In the end, the decisions are on him. I can listen to James if he wants, but he has to get his wings and away he goes. I'll sit back and let him do it'
Just not very inspiring IMO. I've not a clue what goes on behind the scenes so as I say can't definitively say he's done anything wrong and this may well be the way McPake likes it, but as a fan I feel frustrated that he isn't more hands on in the way other assistants appear to be particularly when McPake needs all the touchline guidance he can get as his subs tend to be his major downfall in games.

We simply don't know how good his advice is or what his influence is, McPake is the man. I think looking into body language and analysing small comments is just projection tbh (if we were flying high there would be posts here about how his 'calm' manner is indicative of a cool elder statesman in control etc), it doesn't mean anything as we just don't have the context.

Just now, harry94 said:

We simply don't know how good his advice is or what his influence is, McPake is the man. I think looking into body language and analysing small comments is just projection tbh (if we were flying high there would be posts here about how his 'calm' manner is indicative of a cool elder statesman in control etc), it doesn't mean anything as we just don't have the context.

100%  agree, and I pretty much said as much in my post. I do doubt there'd be any posts referring to his calm manner and looking like he's a cool elder statesman though!