All things Dundee FC

8 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

There are big differences between the 2014/15 Hearts and what next season's Hearts will be. Hearts essentially knew they were getting relegated from the beginning of the season, and so spent a lot of their time preparing for the following campaign. This season Hearts just kept digging themselves into a whole desperately trying to avoid it, with little plan for the future, and it's backfired. Ann Budge and her consortium were just coming in then with their resources, allowing for easy funding for a really good side. While Hearts likely won't be short of that despite the fortune they spent this season, Budge is heading oot and the club will be fan-owned, which I personally don't think will work out at all for them. They've already admitted that any Championship push would have to make large use of their (admittedly deep) youth system, and I don't see the kind of planning or ability to invest in a side that created the efficient 2014/15 side.

Tl;dr - I think they could potentially shit the bed and am looking forward to see how.

That sounds a lot like our last season in the top flight 😒

Just now, Shadow Play said:

That sounds a lot like our last season in the top flight 😒

Exactly, and what did we need to do? Tear it all down. Our rebuild is a year in and I am looking forward to see us going forward, as I think we will be a fair bit improved next season with a settled core. Hearts are a mess right now and the upcoming transition of ownership doesn't make me think it's going to get sorted out particularly quickly.

Just now, RossBFaeDundee said:

Exactly, and what did we need to do? Tear it all down. Our rebuild is a year in and I am looking forward to see us going forward, as I think we will be a fair bit improved next season with a settled core. Hearts are a mess right now and the upcoming transition of ownership doesn't make me think it's going to get sorted out particularly quickly.

I may be wrong but I don’t think Hearts will go for a manager with no experience who will have to learn on the job.  I hope I’m wrong obviously.

1 minute ago, Shadow Play said:

I may be wrong but I don’t think Hearts will go for a manager with no experience who will have to learn on the job.  I hope I’m wrong obviously.

Idk, they went with Robbie Neilson last time.

So we voted Yes giving up our shot at promotion and got the worst possible outcome, oh ma sides 😂😂 Can we politely change our vote again 🤔

Let’s be honest with one another. The last thing we wanted was for Hearts to be relegated and us not getting a playoff.  

Just now, Yenitit said:

So we voted Yes giving up our shot at promotion and got the worst possible outcome, oh ma sides 😂😂 Can we politely change our vote again 🤔

Let’s be honest with one another. The last thing we wanted was for Hearts to be relegated and us not getting a playoff.  

If we were being honest with ourselves, this was always going to be the outcome.

Just now, johnnydun said:

If we were being honest with ourselves, this was always going to be the outcome.

Are you suggesting Nelms has been anything but honest, either to us or himself?  Either Nelms misread the situation or, despite speaking to “a lot of clubs”, he was speaking to the wrong clubs.  Here is what he said recently in an interview:

Speaking with a lot of clubs, there was much more of an appetite for reconstruction than I understood going into this. That was the main thing.”

For what it’s worth I totally agree with you.  As I previously said there was no chance of reconstruction.  In no way can I blame the top clubs for looking after their own interests.  It’s what happens in business, especially when there are large sums of money at stake.

1 minute ago, Shadow Play said:

Are you suggesting Nelms has been anything but honest, either to us or himself?  Either Nelms misread the situation or, despite speaking to “a lot of clubs”, he was speaking to the wrong clubs.  Here is what he said recently in an interview:

Speaking with a lot of clubs, there was much more of an appetite for reconstruction than I understood going into this. That was the main thing.”

For what it’s worth I totally agree with you.  As I previously said there was no chance of reconstruction.  In no way can I blame the top clubs for looking after their own interests.  It’s what happens in business, especially when there are large sums of money at stake.

I think Nelms is desperate for improvements to the Scottish game and after speaking to a handful of clubs they would be looking to do the same by reconstruction, but with Budge only wanting it as a temporary solution, it was doomed from that point. 

1 minute ago, Dele said:

Hearts will spend an absolute fortune to get promoted back to the Premiership. 

Unlike Dundee United, I doubt they will fail numerous times. 

I don't know if they can afford it? They have wasted a fair amount this season with no return.

I don't know if they can afford it? They have wasted a fair amount this season with no return.

Aye. And fan ownership coming in could lead to all sorts of wacky dealings. As stated earlier I'm pretty sure they're focusing on their youth depth for the upcoming campaign, and I don't think they're going to spend as much as people think they will, simply because they can't afford to.

No idea what state they'll be in with all that's going on right now but you'd have to assume such drastic cuts to the wage bill will see them OK. 

They will (mostly) still have a very good squad and will pick up a few good signings along the way. 

I can't see them not winning the league by about 20 points. 

3 minutes ago, Dele said:

Hearts will spend an absolute fortune to get promoted back to the Premiership. 

Unlike Dundee United, I doubt they will fail numerous times. 

Can’t disagree with that. Imo we have zero chance of finishing above Hearts with our current manager. The season that’s just ended was an unmitigated disaster under his leadership. 

3 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Hearts get a huge amount of money each month from the Foundation of Hearts group. They will blow us out the water. 

2 minutes ago, Dele said:

No idea what state they'll be in with all that's going on right now but you'd have to assume such drastic cuts to the wage bill will see them OK. 

They will (mostly) still have a very good squad and will pick up a few good signings along the way. 

I can't see them not winning the league by about 20 points. 

Oh I have no doubt that they will be favourites for the league, I just don't think it will be at such a canter. 

I wonder if Berra will be staying with them now?