All things Dundee FC

18 hours ago, eindhovendee said:

Outstanding! Liam!

What about doing my hero.

Jocky.

Thank you.

[image of Jocky Scott]

Hiya eindhovendee,

Due to the quality of your paintings (and your kind words), I've gone ahead and picked your hero to draw. Not young Jocky, though, as I'm too young to remember him play for the Dee.  Woudln't be able to do him justice.

Instead, I've drawn him as I remember him at his best — cutting through the skies, jetpack on back and Leigh Griffiths in hand, getting everycunt telt in the process. Bit of a double-whammy, this ane. Going to give this a rest for a while now, will be back in a week with the next edition.

Have a good weekend a'bdy.

bigjock.jpg

29 minutes ago, LiamDFC said:

Hiya eindhovendee,

Due to the quality of your paintings (and your kind words), I've gone ahead and picked your hero to draw. Not young Jocky, though, as I'm too young to remember him play for the Dee.  Woudln't be able to do him justice.

Instead, I've drawn him as I remember him at his best — cutting through the skies, jetpack on back and Leigh Griffiths in hand, getting everycunt telt in the process. Bit of a double-whammy, this ane. Going to give this a rest for a while now, will be back in a week with the next edition.

bigjock.jpg

😄 Out fuckin' standing!

Well folks, looks like league reconstruction is not going to happen.  I for one am not in the least bit surprised.  

Mr Nelms appeared to have believed that he drove a hard bargain by getting league reconstruction talks on the table.  His idea of a hard bargain may be the reason we have been paying big wages for so many bang average players and even worse managers over the last few years.

4 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

Well folks, looks like league reconstruction is not going to happen.  I for one am not in the least bit surprised.  

Mr Nelms appeared to have believed that he drove a hard bargain by getting league reconstruction talks on the table.  His idea of a hard bargain may be the reason we have been paying big wages for so many bang average players and even worse managers over the last few years.

Surprise sur-fucking-prise.

Brilliant @LiamDFC, that's the main screen on the laptop now.

Thank you.

7 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

He done all he could in getting the discussion on the table. The discussion was being led by Ann Budge, the person who'd have most to lose if there was no reconstruction. Little did we know she's an absolute moron. What else could he have done?

Bit low to then have a kick at his backing of managers as well. His appointments have been utterly dreadful, but his backing has been admirable.

1 minute ago, Speroni*1 said:

POINT 1: He done all he could in getting the discussion on the table.

POINT 2: The discussion was being led by Ann Budge, the person who'd have most to lose if there was no reconstruction. Little did we know she's an absolute moron.

POINT 3: What else could he have done?

POINT 4: Bit low to then have a kick at his backing of managers as well. His appointments have been utterly dreadful, but his backing has been admirable.

POINT 1: I said at the time he should have stuck to a NO vote and looked after number 1.  The league would have been forced to come up with an alternative plan, rather than the take it or leave it vote they offered.  

POINT 2: Ann Budge is not the reason league reconstruction talks failed.  The reason was the top 12 clubs want to divide their share of the pie by 12, not by 14 or 16.  In other words they have looked after number 1 (see my POINT 1).  I have absolutely no issues with that and I think the top 12 clubs would have been absolutely mad to have agreed to league reconstruction.

POINT 3: See my POINT 1 above.

POINT 4: I definitely don’t dispute his backing has been admirable.  The clear point I am making is his idea of a good deal in negotiations is simply not good enough. 

I appreciate we will not see eye to eye on this but that’s the beauty of discussions 👍

14 minutes ago, Speroni*1 said:

The discussion was being led by Ann Budge, the person who'd have most to lose if there was no reconstruction. 

I'm not sure I get this. Surely her club (in theory) had the most to gain? 

Just now, Shadow Play said:

POINT 1: I said at the time he should have stuck to a NO vote and looked after number 1.  The league would have been forced to come up with an alternative plan, rather than the take it or leave it vote they offered.  

POINT 2: Ann Budge is not the reason league reconstruction talks failed.  The reason was the top 12 clubs want to divide their share of the pie by 12, not by 14 or 16.  In other words they have looked after number 1 (see my POINT 1).  I have absolutely no issues with that and I think the top 12 clubs would have been absolutely mad to have agreed to league reconstruction.

POINT 3: See my POINT 1 above.

POINT 4: I definitely don’t dispute his backing has been admirable.  The clear point I am making is his idea of a good deal in negotiations is simply not good enough. 

I appreciate we will not see eye to eye on this but that’s the beauty of discussions 👍

1. I disagree with that, but we went over that the last time so there's no point trying to get more meat off the bone!

2. Nope, she isn't, but it doesn't help that her ideas on the game are absolutely chronic. She was the sales woman. I'm really disappointed with the fact that clubs have looked after number 1, but expected no different. Again - I think Nelms' done a valid job in getting the talks on the table with a group being formed rather than just the weak, 'Aw yeah, it'll be discussed'. Either way, it's been a failure, but I respect the effort.

4. How do you know the details of any of his negotiations? His appointments have been terrible, not disputing that, but other than the insertion of a clause into Hemmings' deal the first time round (Which was apparently a necessity to get him to sign) I can't see it as being horrendous. To get £1.5m for Hendry was a brilliant deal. It was McCann that sanctioned the Murray/Bain deal which again goes back to Nelms bravely backing his appointments IMO.

Finally, absolutely! I always prefer an actual discussion on here to anything else.

5 minutes ago, Dele said:

I'm not sure I get this. Surely her club (in theory) had the most to gain? 

Depends on the way you look at it. She had the most to lose if the talks didn't work out with her club being confirmed as relegated, but equally had the most to gain out of the talks being successful.

25 minutes ago, Speroni*1 said:

The discussion was being led by Ann Budge, the person who'd have most to lose if there was no reconstruction. Little did we know she's an absolute moron. 

Tbf she doesnt hide it.

4 hours ago, LiamDFC said:

Hiya eindhovendee,

bigjock.jpg

That is incredible.

Hope Jocky, Leigh and @dundeebarry get to see that.

Totally captured the jet pack Jocky/Leigh living in a teepee in Caird Park vibe.

1 minute ago, johnnydun said:

Hearts are shite m8.

Since I don’t post much on the Dundee threads these days, and will do so even less next season, I will be serious.

Having Hearts in the Championship next year will make promotion harder for Dundee.  However bad they’ve been they will spend money and I reckon will be comfortable league winners.

The only upside for Dundee is that they’ll bring a decent support to Dens and/or you will benefit from all/most of the encounters being televised.  That’s assuming there is a financial benefit to the club of that happening.

5 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Since I don’t post much on the Dundee threads these days, and will do so even less next season, I will be serious.

Having Hearts in the Championship next year will make promotion harder for Dundee.  However bad they’ve been they will spend money and I reckon will be comfortable league winners.

The only upside for Dundee is that they’ll bring a decent support to Dens and/or you will benefit from all/most of the encounters being televised.  That’s assuming there is a financial benefit to the club of that happening.

Here's hoping they take more than 1,940 away fans...

12 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

There are big differences between the 2014/15 Hearts and what next season's Hearts will be. Hearts essentially knew they were getting relegated from the beginning of the season, and so spent a lot of their time preparing for the following campaign. This season Hearts just kept digging themselves into a whole desperately trying to avoid it, with little plan for the future, and it's backfired. Ann Budge and her consortium were just coming in then with their resources, allowing for easy funding for a really good side. While Hearts likely won't be short of that despite the fortune they spent this season, Budge is heading oot and the club will be fan-owned, which I personally don't think will work out at all for them. They've already admitted that any Championship push would have to make large use of their (admittedly deep) youth system, and I don't see the kind of planning or ability to invest in a side that created the efficient 2014/15 side.

Tl;dr - I think they could potentially shit the bed and am looking forward to see how.