All things Dundee FC

2 hours ago, Speroni*1 said:

Paul McGowan officially PotY:

It seems a bit harsh on McGhee to basically be done out of POTY by the DSA’s own “vote” effectively counting twice.

Surely jointly awarding it would have been a better approach? Or maybe asking the clubs that didn’t vote for McGowan or McGhee to make a “second preference” vote between the two?

6 minutes ago, The Master said:

It seems a bit harsh on McGhee to basically be done out of POTY by the DSA’s own “vote” effectively counting twice.

Surely jointly awarding it would have been a better approach? Or maybe asking the clubs that didn’t vote for McGowan or McGhee to make a “second preference” vote between the two?

The DSA asked all the other committees to make a second choice did they not? Thought that's what it said on the site.

5 minutes ago, Speroni*1 said:

The DSA asked all the other committees to make a second choice did they not? Thought that's what it said on the site.

No, the “canvassed the committee” on the website refers to canvassing the DSA committee. 

Club committees were not consulted. 

Edited by The Master

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/5561465/celtic-worlds-favourite-scottish-team-rangers-aberdeen-study/?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1588621970

According to a study, Dundee are the 5th most popular team in Scottish football around the world.

The study might've just been how many web searches per month last year, but if it's reported I'm claiming it lol.

United get no mention.

5 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Aye, on the Simon Ferry interview. Said he was glad he didn't have to go to that diddy club in the end, but at the time thought he could save a few players jobs. Also, he slaughtered your next manager Billy Dodds in the same interview saying he was a shambles and, 'Couldn't give a f**k what he (Dodds) thinks about iz'.

Nice to see that your future manager has a reputation that matches his real snake like persona and not the Billy likes fitbaw persona he tries so hard to cultivate.

Hiya pals,

Long time, no speak. Lockdown is fucking shite, but it's given me a bit of time to reflect on my favourite Dundee players — in particular the characters that make my heart (and sometimes cock) swell. To kill some of the boredom, and to get my Dundee Fix, I've decided to draw one Dundee legend per week until we're all dead, lockdown is lifted or I run out of steam.

First up is a tribute to our modern-day, anti-establishment talisman and POTY Grand Slam Champion, Paul McGowan. Here's a drawing of him celebrating after scoring against United, thumping the match commander in the puss and diving into the Derry.

McGowan.jpg

Next up, Gary Harkins.

Thank you.

Just now, LiamDFC said:

Hiya pals,

Long time, no speak. Lockdown is fucking shite, but it's given me a bit of time to reflect on my favourite Dundee players — in particular the characters that make my heart (and sometimes cock) swell. To kill some of the boredom, and to get my Dundee Fix, I've decided to draw one Dundee legend per week until we're all dead, lockdown is lifted or I run out of steam.

First up is a tribute to our modern-day, anti-establishment talisman and POTY Grand Slam Champion, Paul McGowan. Here's a drawing of him celebrating after scoring against United, thumping the match commander in the puss and diving into the Derry.

McGowan.jpg

Next up, Gary Harkins.

Thank you.

Outstanding Liam.

9 minutes ago, LiamDFC said:

Hiya pals,

McGowan.jpg

Next up, Gary Harkins.

Thank you.

This is quality content.

2 minutes ago, SweeperDee said:

Sure we can all extend some get well soon wishes to Bobby Seith as he’s recovering in hospital from a leg amputation operation.

Poor choice of word that.

Seriously though, horrible to hear and hope he makes a good recovery from it.