All things Dundee FC

hello boys, we are from a spanish twitter account and web which speak about scottish football @rinconescoces. (If you want can look it)
anyone can explain the decission from your club for try to understand? people are asking
The reasons are complex, however:Screenshot_20200416-143602_Facebook.jpg

5 hours ago, Speroni*1 said:

I realise you're having a wee pop at Dundee here, but it's quite shite.

Is the drink worth buying on my next essential shop?

Time will tell on this

Either Dundee are to be congratulated on exposing the SPFL twats or self interest has just ramped to a new level

26 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

No other option but to read it and weep.

Thank you.

There lies an open admission that we were offered different terms to make us vote the SPFLs proposals through.

An absolute scandal. Pretty much sums up our national game. An absolute shambles.

No doubt nothing will be done about this. Stranraers statement shows they will receive a weeks worth of players wages through this being voted through due to installments being the way its paid.

I honestly can't see me returning anytime soon. Any Dundee fan who wants to laugh at that you can laugh when the squad suffers due to decreased income and a diddy manager. 

Disgusted.

Thank you.

Edited by Dundee-FC92

24 minutes ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

There lies an open admission that we were offered different terms to make us vote the SPFLs proposals through.

An absolute scandal. Pretty much sums up our national game. An absolute shambles.

No doubt nothing will be done about this. Stranraers statement shows they will receive a weeks worth of players wages through this being voted through due to installments being the way its paid.

I honestly can't see me returning anytime soon. Any Dundee fan who wants to laugh at that you can laugh when the squad suffers due to decreased income and a diddy manager. 

Disgusted.

Thank you.

I really can't see your issue.

28 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

I really can't see your issue.

I think what a lot of Dundee fans are not happy about is the fact that Nelms could have simply advised that his vote remained ‘NO’ and that it was up to the SPFL to come up with an alternative suggestion.  Be in no doubt, despite what the SPFL said, they would have no option but to come up with a different solution.  

As it stands it looks like Nelms just can’t make his mind up.  A bit like appointing new managers- “WE WANTED A YOUNG, UNTESTED MANAGER (McCann ).  WE WANTED AN EXPERIENCED MANAGER (McIntyre).  back to WE WANTED A YOUNG, UNTESTED MANAGER (McPake)”. 

If he had the bargaining chip as some claimed why would he give it away on the promise they would ‘discuss’ league reconstruction?  We still had over 20 days to ‘resubmit’ our vote.  Urgent reconstruction discussions could have taken place within that period if there truly is a desire for league reconstruction.  Personally, I do not think there is and I think a meaningful reconstruction is highly unlikely to take place.

Edited by Shadow Play

2 hours ago, Twinkle said:

Your twitter page with the club statement is an eyeopener. Some of the comments..

Taking over our mantle as Sevcos most hated club :(

Won't be surprised in their trips to the dump next season if they try to damage Dens.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

Open Goal tweeted about McPake who'll be getting interviewed by Si Ferry, released on Monday. In the replies, someone shared a class photo that includes wee McPake. Thought I'd share it as it gave me a wee laugh. Surprisingly small lad. Third from the top left.

EVvzx89XsAAMn2x.jpg

image.png.0f2ac4818f5a0055173e9f73b0856bdf.png

McPake's no the most confident of laddies. Said he wouldn't like to challenge Lee Wilkie for a header in his prime. Whilst I'd nudge it to Wilkie for being superior in the air, I'd have said that McPake was quite beastly in the air for your standard Scottish CH. Certainly not a Marvin Andrews/Bobo Balde type, but one of the best we've had.

Then it got me thinking - How long has it been since we've had a true beast when it comes to winning headers? Before McPake it probably is Wilkie and before that Falconer?

4 minutes ago, Speroni*1 said:

McPake's no the most confident of laddies. Said he wouldn't like to challenge Lee Wilkie for a header in his prime. Whilst I'd nudge it to Wilkie for being superior in the air, I'd have said that McPake was quite beastly in the air for your standard Scottish CH. Certainly not a Marvin Andrews/Bobo Balde type, but one of the best we've had.

Then it got me thinking - How long has it been since we've had a true beast when it comes to winning headers? Before McPake it probably is Wilkie and before that Falconer?

Forster. Can bullet the headers - you're just never sure where exactly those headers can go.