All things Dundee FC

Martin Woods will be having a field day with this social distancing, the c***s been getting paid for doing it on the pitch for years.
Come on Nelms, get this fucking No vote in. The 85% Hyenas are growing thirsty and it's time to deliver the final blow on this scorching day.
The hyena can dance on the grave of the lion, but can never become the lion. I've been telling the diddies this for years; from the Cowden to the Morten and Saintees. 
Anyway,Dundee arent in their grave we infact have our feet stamped on the neck of the spfl carcass, firmly in charge.
It's only a matter of time before we rise to the the summit of the food chain once more.
Thank you.

ok

The top flight can only be restructured of a vote from the 12 teams, which is an 11-1 system. 
All Dundee could realistically do is get a "taskforce" set up, with existing Premiership sides, to have genuine talks about how best to do it. Presumably the SPFL board being involved means the Premiership clubs have to take part.
I don't think reconstruction will happen, as I can fully imagine 2 top flight sides opposing it down to nothing more than worrying they'll lose out on money, but I'm not quite sure what you expected Dundee to actually do? 

They will vote for it by robbing money off the Championship, it will always come down to that. If the new Sky is so rich then more cash will be available for top league teams even if two more are in there. The bit that will be the hardest to get over the line is the potential for some to lose an extra OF visit so they will need to find the cash for that.

Anyone who thinks this will be about anything else than cash for the like of Motherwell, St.Johnstone and Kilmarnock are kidding themselves on. If they are no worse off, or even better they will vote for it. Why wouldn’t they? They will have a bigger safety net too with extra clubs in there in case they have a horror show of a season.

PS Nelms has either played a blinder or has been entered up the rear dry. History will suggest it will be the latter.

3 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

They will vote for it by robbing money off the Championship, it will always come down to that. If the new Sky is so rich then more cash will be available for top league teams even if two more are in there. The bit that will be the hardest to get over the line is the potential for some to lose an extra OF visit so they will need to find the cash for that.

Anyone who thinks this will be about anything else than cash for the like of Motherwell, St.Johnstone and Kilmarnock are kidding themselves on. If they are no worse off, or even better they will vote for it. Why wouldn’t they? They will have a bigger safety net too with extra clubs in there in case they have a horror show of a season.

PS Nelms has either played a blinder or has been entered up the rear dry. History will suggest it will be the latter.

If Falkirk were a top flight regular, and not seaside league dross, theyd be the exact same. I've no idea why you keep presenting things as if that isnt true.

11 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

As a sidenote, I wouldn't trust Budge in the slightest either. Don't be stunned if she suggests a temporary 14 team top flight that reverts back to 12 next Summer.

And like clockwork...

Screenshot_20200416-085023_Chrome.thumb.jpg.4f7202e4c5bfe9dbf21887cd5bb55c24.jpg

She'll f**k you over without a second thought.

4 hours ago, Speroni*1 said:

Been down the Google rabbit hole and found out that John Nelms is one of the directors of 71 Brewing. Anyone tried their stuff?

https://71brewing.com/

Is it Nelms or is it the club? 

I'm sure the club had something to do with the tie up - maybe Nelms is just seen as the elected head? 

1 minute ago, Dele said:

Is it Nelms or is it the club? 

I'm sure the club had something to do with the tie up - maybe Nelms is just seen as the elected head? 

Maybe - I was on the Hearts forum and they were discussing Nelms and posted a link to the Company House website. I was just shocked to see his name attached to it at all as I've seen the drink, but didn't know we or Nelms had anything to do with it.

1 minute ago, Speroni*1 said:

Maybe - I was on the Hearts forum and they were discussing Nelms and posted a link to the Company House website. I was just shocked to see his name attached to it at all as I've seen the drink, but didn't know we or Nelms had anything to do with it.

think when the first beer festival come about there was quite a bit of talk about the tie up. 

She'll f**k you over without a second thought.
Indeed she will.

I of course hope that Dundee have secretly managed to broker some unicorn laden, legally watertight, never to be published deal which will benefit DFC greatly while improving Scottish Football to the general good of all clubs.

It's either that, or we are now in a position where we can be blamed by every other club for whatever stitch up happens now, while having no influence over it whatsoever.

I'm no great fan of Budge but she's right.

The votes should have been recalled and everyone asked to resubmit at the same time.

That way whatever came out of it would be the SPFL's fault and their's alone, but now..

"Step forward, scapegoat no. 1."

Just now, dd23 said:

It's either that, or we are now in a position where we can be blamed by every other club for whatever stitch up happens now, while having no influence over it whatsoever.

Pretty much.

You've handed the keys of reconstruction to a person who wants the top division a closed shop, and part time sides killed off.

14 minutes ago, Nifty Fae Douglas said:

Obviously owned by Dundee FC......It goes down, then goes flat....

I realise you're having a wee pop at Dundee here, but it's quite shite.

Is the drink worth buying on my next essential shop?

3 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

United fans spent the night they won the league responding to 1 single Dundee fans bait tweet. It’s not just their fans who can’t get us out of their heads.

So did half their players.