All things Dundee FC

We were voting no because there weren’t enough guarantees to help the clubs that would suffer from relegation.

We are now voting yes after confirming that other discussions will now take place to help those clubs, with more information to come.

The most likely of the options to pass would see us at least have an easier go at promotion next year, while also saving a number of clubs from relegation.

If the SPFL have broken their own rules to allow this to happen then I really don’t understand how Nelms and the club in general are now the most hated people in the country, even amongst our own support.

2 minutes ago, stu2910 said:

We were voting no because there weren’t enough guarantees to help the clubs that would suffer from relegation.

We are now voting yes after confirming that other discussions will now take place to help those clubs, with more information to come.

The most likely of the options to pass would see us at least have an easier go at promotion next year, while also saving a number of clubs from relegation.

If the SPFL have broken their own rules to allow this to happen then I really don’t understand how Nelms and the club in general are now the most hated people in the country, even amongst our own support.

Genuine question.  Why should we care about other clubs?  Did any of them care when we were handed a 25 point deduction?

12 minutes ago, stu2910 said:

If I remember rightly, the three clubs in the Championship that were voting no to this were ICT, Thistle and Dundee

From what I am reading now, after Dundee have now voted yes, there will be league reconstruction yes, but Thistle and Stranraer are now relegated

Want to tell me how that's helping the clubs you were originally trying to help by voting no??

Genuine question.  Why should we care about other clubs?  Did any of them care when we were handed a 25 point deduction?
Without other clubs there is no league. Also, what did you want other clubs to do? Aye Dundee, we'll take a few of those deducted points boys, we'll help ye out!

Don’t know that many were on our side in the decision, but Falkirk and...Stirling Albion (?) both helped us out financially in the aftermath.

I care about other clubs because I would never want another fan to go through what we’ve been through. It’s horrible to not know if the club you grew up watching will still be there next season and I wouldn’t inflict it on anyone.

The biggest problem with the game in Scotland isn’t that we can’t get enough money from outside sources to compete with other leagues, its the endless short term thinking and looking out for ourselves regardless of the impact on the wider game.

“They hit me so I’ll hit them harder” is great fun for the banter, but eventually someone loses permanently and that doesn’t help anyone.

If I remember rightly, the three clubs in the Championship that were voting no to this were ICT, Thistle and Dundee
From what I am reading now, after Dundee have now voted yes, there will be league reconstruction yes, but Thistle and Stranraer are now relegated
Want to tell me how that's helping the clubs you were originally trying to help by voting no??

Better distribution of money and higher chance of reconstruction.

In theory anyway.

8 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:
21 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

Without other clubs there is no league. Also, what did you want other clubs to do? Aye Dundee, we'll take a few of those deducted points boys, we'll help ye out!

You raise two points there.  

1) I agree that without other clubs there is no league.  That is why Sky and BT tolerate clubs other than Rangers and Celtic (let’s be honest that is why it is mostly games involving Rangers and Celtic that are shown)  Yes clubs may have gone to the wall but enough would have survived.   Indeed just about all clubs would have survived if they had all spent some of their budget on a business interruption insurance policy, rather than ploughing well over 50% of their budget into players wages.

2) Other clubs could have made it clear to the league the punishment was too harsh.  Let’s be frank here.  The other teams in the league were delighted that Dundee were deducted 25 points and were, if truth be told, wishing more points were deducted to ease the pressure of relegation from themselves.

The above points I have raised are not nice to acknowledge but I think they are pretty accurate.

Fair comment but over the last 18months it's been down hill. I can't see Dundee Fc back in the top flight for some time 

It has and you may be right, but let’s face it it hardly makes him a terrible Dundee director. Since the 70s that’s just what we do.

What has changed is we are a million times more stable as a club than in most of that time, I’ll take that for now.

1 minute ago, weetoonlad said:

We will see in the Coming days what Dundee has brokered with the spfl 

14 12 12 12

Long way to go on this one Guys am sure some clubs will be already speaking to their legal team 

Why not go for leagues of 2-10-10-10-10?

That way BT and Sky get all the Old Firm games they can ever wish for and I don’t have to explain to my kids several times a season that (at best) religion and politics should have nothing to do with Scottish football 😮

3 minutes ago, stu2910 said:

It has and you may be right, but let’s face it it hardly makes him a terrible Dundee director. Since the 70s that’s just what we do.

What has changed is we are a million times more stable as a club than in most of that time, I’ll take that for now.

This, so much this.

Unlikely, but McPake still has a chance to be a success for Dundee. If he's not, let Strachan pick the next manager, unless he picks Mark McGhee, then let us pick the new manager by poll.