All things Dundee FC

1 hour ago, RossDee01 said:

Enjoy your trip to Cove

We will ,and you can take a bit of comfort your fine city will be represented in the big league by your neighbour 

Edited by kerly
Missed a word

Hiya pals,
I’ve not been following the thread this week, but on first glance it looks pretty much as I’d expect. Saying that, it still baffles me to find some people attribute John Nelms the capacity to orchestrate something like this. That simply (in my view, anyway) shows how little Is actually known about him. The guy’s a total charlatan and likely just wants this to all go away. 
Supporters of other clubs are entitled to a dig or two, not so much for how we voted, but for how we’ve failed to handle/communicate our role in the whole thing. It’s a total blunder and it does, once again, expose Nelms’ (and others) incompetencies.

The SPFL have made a dogs c**t of the whole thing from their end, too. This whole situation brings the need for a clear-out into sharp focus. I really am lost as to how Doncaster et al have held on for so long.
It will be interesting to see what happens in the coming days, but it’s been heartening to get texts/WhatsApps of United pals losing their shit.
Dundee are once again public enemy number one — our natural position. And for that, I say thank you, John Nelms and Dundee FC. You’ve brought a smile to my face in a dire time.
The only thing I’d like to add is to say f**k Dundee United. 
Thank you.
The voice of reason.

I've always hated the dabs more. But this last week is clown shoe stuff at dens.

4 hours ago, LiamDFC said:

Hiya pals,

I’ve not been following the thread this week, but on first glance it looks pretty much as I’d expect. Saying that, it still baffles me to find some people attribute John Nelms the capacity to orchestrate something like this. That simply (in my view, anyway) shows how little Is actually known about him. The guy’s a total charlatan and likely just wants this to all go away. 

Supporters of other clubs are entitled to a dig or two, not so much for how we voted, but for how we’ve failed to handle/communicate our role in the whole thing. It’s a total blunder and it does, once again, expose Nelms’ (and others) incompetencies.

The SPFL have made a dogs c**t of the whole thing from their end, too. This whole situation brings the need for a clear-out into sharp focus. I really am lost as to how Doncaster et al have held on for so long.

It will be interesting to see what happens in the coming days, but it’s been heartening to get texts/WhatsApps of United pals losing their shit.

Dundee are once again public enemy number one — our natural position. And for that, I say thank you, John Nelms and Dundee FC. You’ve brought a smile to my face in a dire time.

Thank you.

Have always had a soft spot for Dundee FC. The Falkirk / Dundee connection Reggie Smith - Bert Slater - Bobby Robinson - Bobby Ford - Bob Shankly - John Prentice - Simon Stainrod  etc but inflicting Mervyn Bryce and Vince Mennie on us was not a very good joke. You lot laughed but we didn't. But anyway what a total dogs bollocks this whole affair is. One club changing their vote from No to Yes but no opportunity for the teams that voted Yes changing to No. It stinks of certain individuals at DFC having been got at. Hope your support gets to the bottom of who said what and when and what persuaded them to change their minds and then inflict the appropriate retribution.

5 hours ago, LiamDFC said:

Hiya pals,

Thank you.

Any chance of an MS Painting of Nelms sitting in his office like a Bond villain, while Gerry Britton and Ann Budge desperately attempt to paddle upstream in a sinking canoe?

53 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

The voice of reason.

I've always hated the dabs more. But this last week is clown shoe stuff at dens.

I know, it's absolutely farcical finding yourself with the decisive vote and clubs falling over themselves to win your favour. 

The saying is clown car btw, not shoe. 

Edited by Dee Man

16 minutes ago, dd23 said:

Not been on in a while, but it's starting to look like naivety and ineptitude at board level have reached new levels.
For Dundee that's some going.

Don't think it is tbh.

We're voting on something that doesn't directly impact us. (We're not going up either way). Few shady deals to influence our deciding vote? Devious, but pretty brilliant. If the friendly thing is true, people are highly naive if they think that's what we've settled for. Yet it'll be the only thing disclosed publicly.

That, and we've made pretty much all of Scottish football lose the plot at one point or other and it's a job well done for Nelms IMO.

10 minutes ago, Speroni*1 said:

Don't think it is tbh.

We're voting on something that doesn't directly impact us. (We're not going up either way). Few shady deals to influence our deciding vote? Devious, but pretty brilliant. If the friendly thing is true, people are highly naive if they think that's what we've settled for. Yet it'll be the only thing disclosed publicly.

That, and we've made pretty much all of Scottish football lose the plot at one point or other and it's a job well done for Nelms IMO.

Aye just what society needs right now. A devious charlatan. Well played Mr Nelms. The good news ( if there is any ) that most Dundee fans are cringing what is being done/not done in their name. 

6 minutes ago, theundisputedvoiceofreason said:

Aye just what society needs right now. A devious charlatan. Well played Mr Nelms. The good news ( if there is any ) that most Dundee fans are cringing what is being done/not done in their name. 

arrested development crying GIF by HULU

Just the latest embarrassment in a long, long line of embarassments this club has subjected it's fans to - had hoped after the fan ownership we'd not see any more of the Anus Crook/Dixon/Admin/Admi2/Giovanni Di Stefano etc. etc. etc. fuckwittery, but no - let others back in control and here we are again, Scottish football's No.1 joke.

Don't think it is tbh. We're voting on something that doesn't directly impact us. (We're not going up either way). Few shady deals to influence our deciding vote? Devious, but pretty brilliant. If the friendly thing is true, people are highly naive if they think that's what we've settled for. Yet it'll be the only thing disclosed publicly.

Can't really see what's brilliant about it if that's what's happened .One way or another what has gone on will eventually come out in the wash, or more probably two equally damning versions will come out from either side of the argument, neither of which will be completely true, but both of which will cast us firmly as number 1 scapegoat with the associated treatment that will entail.

For any restructure to benefit us now they'd have to go to a 16 team league, much as this has always been my preferred option they'll never do it.

A few more years floundering around in the Championship or worse with absolutely no goodwill towards us from any quarter would I imagine finally screw the lid on.

1 minute ago, dd23 said:

Can't really see what's brilliant about it if that's what's hapoened.
One way or another what has gone on will eventually come out in the wash, or more probably two equally damning versions will come out from either side of the argument, neither of which will be completely true, but both of which will cast us firmly as number 1 scapegoat with the associated treatment that will entail.
For any restructure to benefit us now they'd have to go to a 16 team league, much as this has always been my preferred option they'll never do it.
A few more years floundering around in the Championship or worse with absolutely no goodwill towards us from any quarter would I imagine finally screw the lid on.

Completely disagree with pretty much all of that.

I do agree we'll be painted as the scapegoat by the media though, because the SPFL & the OF won't lose face, but f**k the media tbh. I don't care what the likes of Keith Jackson etc think of our club.

A 14 team league would also easily benefit us with United & Hearts (Two clubs that spend double what we do if not more in Hearts case) not being our competition next season. Your last sentence is just a dooms day scenario with nothing to back it up. Appreciate the view, but disagree with it.

Completely disagree with pretty much all of that.
I do agree we'll be painted as the scapegoat by the media though, because the SPFL & the OF won't lose face, but f**k the media tbh. I don't care what the likes of Keith Jackson etc think of our club.
A 14 team league would also easily benefit us with United & Hearts (Two clubs that spend double what we do if not more in Hearts case) not being our competition next season. Your last sentence is just a dooms day scenario with nothing to back it up. Appreciate the view, but disagree with it.
Well we'll see.

1 minute ago, Yenitit said:

Dundee FC looking after the best interests of Scottish football. 

But, but, but a ‘source close to John’ said otherwise according to the Record. 

A source close to the voice inside Keith Jackson's head.